simon buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

lukey69

Rookie
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
hey guys just wanna hear your thoughts on him since he use to play for you guys and we dont no much about him.

hey guys just wanna hear your thoughts on him since he use to play for you guys and we dont no much about him.

You have picked up a beauty here, a tall, hard running MID who can kick accurately over both short & long distances... His decision making is 1st class & is not injury prone, Just what your team needs....

You have picked up a beauty here, a tall, hard running MID who can kick accurately over both short & long distances... His decision making is 1st class & is not injury prone, Just what your team needs....

At first I was like :eek:

Then I was like ;)

No I'm just :D

Good size and pace, likes to break the lines and run with the ball, so in that sense, he's quite an exciting prospect.

On the other side of the equation, his decision making is quite poor and he is highly susceptible to injury.

In short, a risk, but probably a risk worth taking given what you gave up to acquire his services.

Good size and pace, likes to break the lines and run with the ball, so in that sense, he's quite an exciting prospect.

On the other side of the equation, his decision making is quite poor and he is highly susceptible to injury.

In short, a risk, but probably a risk worth taking given what you gave up to acquire his services.

I agree with that 100%

You guys have a Simon Buckley thread on the Collingwood board where a couple of Melbourne supportwers have offered some info. I posted this;

I think he'll break into your starting 22. I dont think he reached his potential at Melbourne and I was surprised we dropped him along with quite a few other supporters over at Melb.

He is a pacy, ball carrying line breaker - particularly from defence and the criticism on his decision making is more about him blazing long too often, which is something I think he can improve on given more game time now that he is over the injuries that have held him back during the previous 2 seasons.

Definately worth the punt as at worst he is a handy depth player who can play any running role.

Really good sumation. Tends to run himself into trouble, panics a little and turns it over, but as Cannins mentioned flip side is he has some dash for a taller guy to break the lines if he can get the "1st option" part right he could be a very handy pick up.

I think Collingwood sport a very methodical no bs style of defence. Pretty simple link and clearance play without anything flash. Not one of their defenders jumps out at me as being overly skilled or brilliant with the ball. They are solid and drilled nothing more nothing less. I think Buckley will find it easier to play along side these guys who are reasonably set and Malthouse will let him get the basics down first. When he played for us we were in disarray, it was every man for himself down back in early '08. I expect Buckley to impress at the pies.

Bang on the money!!!

I always loved Bucky though.. and was pissed that he was shown the door when we kept Newton and Bell...

Great replacement for Marty Clarke. Really need that type of player as back up, we don't have many (if any) pure rebounders that could push into the midfield, they're either shutdown players, the medium flexible defender (we have about 8 of them) or tall defenders.

I think he will get at least a couple of games just because he offers a different type of player to our defensive mix and even midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

simon buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back