News Skilled Group relinquishes Kardinia Park naming rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, pretty odd to get fans on Twitter excited about big news... When it ended up being this. I don't see what it achieved.

I never expected much after the second tweet anyway.

Yep! If the club was the instigator they over cooked it. But that's the way some marketing folk work.

Re: So, what's the 'big news'?

Here you go Jim Boy,photos of the new facilities under the Premiership Stand

Link
Cool, but other than the lap pool, everything else is free-stading, can be chucked in the back of a truck and moved anywhere. Where is the altitude room for example?

Re: So, what's the 'big news'?

Cool, but other than the lap pool, everything else is free-stading, can be chucked in the back of a truck and moved anywhere. Where is the altitude room for example?

I was fortunate enough to see over our facilities early last year and they looked reasonably good. This year I was fortunate enough to see over the new set-up at Visy Park and ours are a far way behind theirs in comparison.

I can't believe that's the big news. Who cares about the naming rights, it will always be Kardinia Park.
Don't be daft, it is big news - With the current position of the club it could be a huge win off field. Big news isnt related just to 120 minutes on a saturday afternoon for a club.

The real question is whether Pods will be able to transfer his goal kicking feats from SS?

I'm not to sure if we have a new ground sponsor yet but with the talk of lights in the near future. how would AGL or Origin stadium sound, go to it Cooky.$$$$$$

And before you all start.
Yeah it will always be Kardinia park to me too.

Cookie said on radio about a week ago the club had four expressions of interest in being the naming rights stadium sponsor and that the club saw no urgency in finalising that matter.

Cookie said on radio about a week ago the club had four expressions of interest in being the naming rights stadium sponsor and that the club saw no urgency in finalising that matter.

What he didn't say was that our 3rd [we won't say the P word] in 5 years will simply add another zero to the end of the row that is the amount we can expect.

He also mentioned a while back that he would like it sorted before the fixture is announced (mid October) to maximise exposure for the new sponsor.

A poster on the main board claims that a 5 year deal with Simonds Homes will be announced shortly making the ground know as "Simonds Stadium".

Skilled Stadium No More ???

Have heard a very strong rumour that for the next 5 years Kardinia Park will have a brand new name for Geelong-ites to get used to, No longer Skilled Stadium....

Stay Tuned :thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shell Stadium, Baytec Stadium, Skilled Stadium, Simonds Stadium....... its always gonna be Kardinia Park to me!!

He also mentioned a while back that he would like it sorted before the fixture is announced (mid October) to maximise exposure for the new sponsor.

Makes sense. Also, the end of October is when the present contract runs out. Perhaps the club feels it owes it to a long standing sponsor to defer any announcement until the current contract is due to expire.

Wonder if it could be a bank?

Makes sense. Also, the end of October is when the present contract runs out. Perhaps the club feels it owes it to a long standing sponsor to defer any announcement until the current contract is due to expire.

Wonder if it could be a bank?

If it were to be a bank it would have to be Bendigo Bank.I doubt they'd have the magoos sponsored by one bank and the ground sponsored by another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back