Skipworth -> Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Cousins is less risk than Skipworth, but it appears the decision has already been made.

I'm not too thrilled to be honest, but hey, good luck to him and I hope he surprises me and turns out to play for 5 years.

nah the decision is far from made. they are having a full on discussion about the PSD on thursday... i would imagine their would be quite a few people on the panel who would be against the idea and quite a few for it as well... dont let the media change your perceptions, all they have done is listen to knights say we are open to mature age recruits and noticed that skipworth is training with us. they put two and two together, skipworth was training with us last year though as well and didnt get picked up in the PSD so i would say nothing is certain.

I heard he approached Craig and asked to be traded for more opportunities.
Two other clubs (the Roos being one) were interested.

Skipworth was told that he was wanted and would be offered a two year deal and wasn't put on the table.

He was then delisted.

Good fit for us, mature body, we have few players in his age group, great leader, well liked, already made a positive impact on the club, neat skills.

Hope we take him.

Agreed, don't think he is up to it, but i'm only judging on on field performances. He could easily mentor the young players without being on our list.

He's already signed for a SANFL club, only way he will be remaining anywhere near Windy Hill is if he is on the Essendon senior list and he can use the get out clause with the SANFL club.

Is it just me or if we are going to go an older bloke, shouldn't it be nathan carroll? Apart from 'the being a total tool' thing, I would have thought we would be in a world of hurt if fletch went down. Buy us a couple of years until pears/hurley are up and running.

Skipworth - no thanks, cannot see the value add.

You cannot see the worth in Skipworth who has played a vital role in mentoring young players at the club.

But you think it would be a good idea to recruit Nathan Carroll who you admit is "a total tool". Well apart from one season (was it 2006 or 2007?) the bloke has been a complete and utter spud at AFL level.

I would prefer Hurley. Pears or Daniher playing fullback if Fletch got injured instead of that SPUD!!

Oh by the way, in case you have notice we have well and truly implemented a no ******** policy at the club, so there is no way in hell we will be picking up Carroll!!

I heard he approached Craig and asked to be traded for more opportunities.
Two other clubs (the Roos being one) were interested.

Skipworth was told that he was wanted and would be offered a two year deal and wasn't put on the table.

He was then delisted.

Good fit for us, mature body, we have few players in his age group, great leader, well liked, already made a positive impact on the club, neat skills.

Hope we take him.

thats not how i remember it, we fished him around with jericho hoping to get something for them, but no one else was interested we then delisted him.

sorry, i have no information about why he left Adelaide...i was merely repeating in the OP what Andrew Maher on SEN yesterday morning.

Personally i think Skipworth would be a good fit for the Bombers...and as i said their midfield will have some depth considering they also took Prismall and Zaharakis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if drafted will Skipworth finish in the top 5 in our B&F because Stanton did and you think he will be better value.Your kidding yourself.

Perhaps you should read it again, I said he will be more value to our midfield. He isnt afraid to put his head over the ball and shows great on-field leadership at stoppages. Stanton does none of this, he is better suited to a wing/flank. There was no mention of B+F finishes.

Perhaps you should read it again, I said he will be more value to our midfield. He isnt afraid to put his head over the ball and shows great on-field leadership at stoppages. Stanton does none of this, he is better suited to a wing/flank. There was no mention of B+F finishes.

Bollocks. Stants is in our top three midfielders by a mile, and is the one that opposition coaches tag first - why is that?

Bollocks. Stants is in our top three midfielders by a mile, and is the one that opposition coaches tag first - why is that?

It shows a lack of a genuine 'star' midfielder. If Stanton was allowed to run free he would be a very damaging player. I suppose this is the freedom he got when James Hird was playing. Since then, he attracts the number 1 tag.

But agree that he is clearly one of your best midfielders, and i doubt he will be displaced in the near future...and he should actually improve as he becomes more accustomed to dealing with a tag.

Better off going a kid imo.

He's been there, done that. What more else could he do that he didn't do in Adelaide?

Better off going a kid imo.

He's been there, done that. What more else could he do that he didn't do in Adelaide?

did you miss the whole thing about missing players of a certain age and maturity?

We just picked up another half dozen kids to go with the half dozen the year before

did you miss the whole thing about missing players of a certain age and maturity?

We just picked up another half dozen kids to go with the half dozen the year before
My cousin is 25 and plays a bit of footy. Why don't you have a look at him too?

What I said was, is there ANY upside to Skipworth at all? Already proven he is not good enough at the level, what makes you say he is now?

Fair enough getting players in that age group, but it's another thing if they can play or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Skipworth -> Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back