Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVD Player

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Does anyone have any news on this game? Its been 4 or s years since the last one, would be expecting this one soon, shouldn't I? Anyway, any news would be greatley appreciated:)

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5?

They're expecting an announcement towards the end of the year. Probably not at one of the big games conventions, a Betheseda bloke said they didn't like dropping random "bombshell" news. Psyched regardless.

Bethesda seem to take 3 or so years between Marquee games, so how long is it since Fallout 3 came out? October 2008, so I'd expect to be playing it around xmas 2011.

In the meantime it's all New Vegas baby!!!

This game will ruin my life. Will possibily have to take a month of work when it hits. Will go pale from lack of sunlight, gain 10 kilos and develop bed sores from little movement off the couch.

Will all be worth it.

Yep was a late comer to Oblivion and I did some massive sessions on it. Had so much fun and paid for it looking like a zombie the next day at work

Super excited.

Put a lot of hours into Oblivion. There was just so much to do and so many places to explore.

2011 is looking to be a mighty fine year for games so far.

This game will ruin my life. Will possibily have to take a month of work when it hits. Will go pale from lack of sunlight, gain 10 kilos and develop bed sores from little movement off the couch.

Will all be worth it.

Amen. :thumbsu:

Whilst my fellow tradies will be plowing away on some house in belgrave, I will be firmly seated at home with my 50" Viera, 5.1 yamaha home theatre and a fridge full of beer.

I will never regain my work ethic.

11 months to wait *sigh*

Oh well, guess I'd better cram as much into my life before then because there will be no sighting of me from 11/11/11

And did I mention dragons, everything is better with dragons :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never really got into Elder Scrolls, but for someone who's a huge Fallout fan how does it compare to TES? If I love Fallout am I likely to enjoy Elder Scrolls just as much?

I've never really got into Elder Scrolls, but for someone who's a huge Fallout fan how does it compare to TES? If I love Fallout am I likely to enjoy Elder Scrolls just as much?

Exactly in the same boat man. Love Fallout, had a go at 3 which I did like I just couldn't finish it/play it for long enough and I actually bought 4 on xbox but kinda lost interest and didn't play it much. Is it worth persisting with? My mate said it was awesome for its time but now it probably doesn't compare as well with the top games at the moment. I got a heap of time on my hands, just need something to keep my interest.

Exactly in the same boat man. Love Fallout, had a go at 3 which I did like I just couldn't finish it/play it for long enough and I actually bought 4 on xbox but kinda lost interest and didn't play it much. Is it worth persisting with? My mate said it was awesome for its time but now it probably doesn't compare as well with the top games at the moment. I got a heap of time on my hands, just need something to keep my interest.

I only bought Oblivion a few months back and loved it. Have to say it's worth persisting with.

Anyone read the Oblivion tie-in novel? Any good? Think it came out last year.

TES is the same general gameplay principle as fallout (massive open world, free roam with caves/dungeons/settlements etc. to explore, dialogue heavy conversations), and movement/first person view/melee combat in both games is very similar, just one is set in a medieval fantasy universe reminiscent of Dungeons & Dragons, Lord of the Rings etc. and one is set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Oblivion can be bought quite cheaply now, and although some of it doesn't really hold up today, it might be worth picking up a copy at low cost and pouring a handful of hours into it to decide whether to buy Elder Scrolls 5.

It should be noted that 5 will have a whole new game engine, and will be severely tweaked from Oblivion, whereas between Fallout 3 and New Vegas there was virtually no improvement in the engine, only content.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

[YOUTUBE]JSRtYpNRoN0[/YOUTUBE]

Official Trailer released today

Game Of The ****ing Year! Have a look at all those environments, and then imagine being able to explore every nook and cranny

Also a Bethesda rep claimed on NeoGaf that this is all 360 footage:eek:

I really like the art style at work in the trailer. Hopefully it will be a decent game at launch this time, unlike Oblivion which was a mess of an RPG (until the mod scene fixed it).

Looks a shitload better than Oblivion but I'm going to wait until it's released before getting it.

Hopefully it can take the next step up in Gameplay as well.

Hurry up with the Steam Pre-Orders!

I believe the 11/11 is a Friday, so I should only have to take the one day off.

I remember with New Vegas it was unlocked about 12 hours early, so it could be available to play on the 10th.

Here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back