Toast Slammin' Sammy Kerridge

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope people understand the role he was being asked to play today?

He was asked and expected to tag Ryan Griffen and not go chasing his own stats or clearances?

When Griffen went off with his shoulder injury, he was able to get free and then kick a goal by going forward.
& when Cooney started to look dangerous, he was moved onto Cooney.

Very, very pleased with the disciplined display by Kerridge as Griffen is their gun player. Hope he isn't badly injured.

Has a bunch of trolls hacked into the regular posters of this board lately? Some of the elaborate trolls I've seen over the past week have been funny! :p

Onto Kerridge though... He will be a handy tagger and a consistent contributer throughout his career I reckon. He has the capabilities to be a two-way tagger. One that keeps his opponent quiet as well has attack and hit the scoreboard. He won't be a dour tagger... No one can be as bad as what Shirley was! :p

Funny isn't it, Scott Thompson was constantly rubbished even when he was about 25-ish years of age.. And look at the love for him the past few years.. The expectation on inexperienced players and the speed of writing them off is amusing..

Some of the stuff I've read about Jenkins is great too, played all of about 14/15 games and people expect him to be dominating.. As was said on radio today, his output has been around the mark of Tiprat's.. So far this year, he is actually averaging 2.3 more disposals per game than Tiprat has for his career, 1.5 more marks per game, 0.9 more hitouts per game, more goal assists per game.. Comparing Jenkins this year to Tiprat's best year in 2009, Jenkins is leading him in these categories also..

Spud. Delist

Reminds me of Thommo circa 2005/06.

Agreed, I think he'll have a largely anonymous start to his career, before developing into a real Scott Thompson style workhorse. Not your match winning type, but the type that picks up 25+ possessions a game and really sets the game up for the likes of Danger/Sloane/Walker to win it.

Certainly like him starting in that defensive mid position, is a great size, super fit and of reasonable pace.

I hope he plays the rest of the year as I feel we really need to continue to develop the next generation with 2 years of slim draft pickings.

I think a few of the BigFooty "experts" have once again been caught with their pants down.

"He did nothing for Sturt last year" - Bullshit

"His pre-season was ordinary" - Didn't I mention to those who just checked the stats that he was tagging the opposition's best midfielder in the NAB Cup.

"He has nothing special about him" - Hello Sam Mitchell.

His first match was a quarter and a half watching Hawthorn overun us (thus he was banished to the SANFL).

Just imagine what he would be like if he had 15 games under his belt. Just quietly his first two games have been better than Danger's first two games. It's not too late to get on board.

He looked comfy to me - did a great job on Griffin and really chucked his body on the line a few times. Looks like a great swingman type to me. Hopefully he continues to build on yesterdays performance.

One thing the commentary said was - he's only 19? Really? He doesnt look it.

*i cant be arsed looking it up and know its probably quicker to ask on here...

He looked comfy to me - did a great job on Griffin and really chucked his body on the line a few times. Looks like a great swingman type to me. Hopefully he continues to build on yesterdays performance.

Yes, he is officially part of the small but increasing group of Sando's Kids.

He turns 20 on Friday. Happy Birthday Sam, I'll like to introduce you to Chris Judd.:rolleyes:

Yeah he's 19. Well at least that's what he's fooled everyone into believing. But I know the truth...

Sam Kerridge?
crows-new-recruit-sam-kerridge-900611.jpg

Or Dolph Lundgren?
dolph-lundgren-flat-top-rocky.jpg

It's threads like this that remind me of why I gave up on big footy long ago. Before I leave for another few months...

This guy is in his second year and played an extremely serviceable game yesterday. In particular his set shot on the siren showed already that he has a very good set routine for goal kicking. He had a beep test of 15 at draft camp, already benches 130kg in the gym, has had a few BOG's for Sturt... at TAC cup was a powerful half forward / mid with a very penetrating leg for goals. This kid could be absolutely anything... for so called supporters to be on here proclaiming how much of an average player, plodder, workman blah blah blah... is plain trolling.

btw he is 19 years old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok a bit of AFC fanboism.

did anyone take note of the players interaction of field on the weekend? the current playing group (by that I mean the 22) appears to be returning to the happier looking lot of last year

does that stem from the younger players finally getting an opportunity to play together and is that going to drive more improvement rather than putting in players with more experience?

did anyone take note of the players interaction of field on the weekend? the current playing group (by that I mean the 22) appears to be returning to the happier looking lot of last year

does that stem from the younger players finally getting an opportunity to play together and is that going to drive more improvement rather than putting in players with more experience?
Spot on Cap I noticed that as well especially when Crouch got that goal they come from everywhere with great enthusiasm.
If we go into Carlton game with that enthusiasm with attack on ball positive philosophy then we can put them on back foot from start

Excellent observation.

Sorry Stiffy, sorry Bernie, sorry Ian and soon to be sorry Porps - the times are a-changin'

Excellent observation.

Sorry Stiffy, sorry Bernie, sorry Ian and soon to be sorry Porps - the times are a-changin'
It does sound harsh when you put it like that.

but that is just the way it looked, those blokes were genuinely excited about 1)playing and 2) playing together

honestly, when is the last time you can really remember genuine excitement by the players on field?

It does sound harsh when you put it like that.

but that is just the way it looked, those blokes were genuinely excited about 1)playing and 2) playing together

honestly, when is the last time you can really remember genuine excitement by the players on field?

I agree, Cap. There was much good feeling between the players out there on Sunday. Let's hope it continues and bears fruit.

I suspect they were looking happier because they were actually playing decent football for the first time in over six months.
with the prospect of wasting my 20,000 post on this response, I agree to a point.

but those guys looked a lot happier than just "yay we are winning"

you only have to look at the goal celebrations and the 1%'ers getting recognised.

I've had a bit of spare time this week, so watched the game twice more. Checking out the "new kids" in particular, to see what they did.
In Sam's case, he clearly went in tight on Griffen when needed, but he was also prepared to look for the ball. Pretty good awareness of the situation imo.
When he did get a chance to take the ball, his hands were clean. When he got a bit of space his disposal efficiency was pretty good too.
[But I don't want to make a prediction on how he will look after 100 games, based on 1 week]

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Slammin' Sammy Kerridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back