Slipper Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Very keen to see Theseo get up tomorrow.

Easily the best horse in the BMW and at WFA, I really think he should just win - $3.20 fixed at the minute. Only beaten last year by a bog track and a horse that swims better than Grant Hackett. Speed Gifted beat an ordinary lot in the Metrop - good win, but WFA sorts them out usually & he looks unders for mine - should be some good Sydney Cup trials in this to follow though.

Reckon the mares race can only be won by TT or More Joyous - the latter is unbeaten on slow ground and is a gun, but TT is almost the best 1400m-1600m horse in the land - chuck in Sister Madly for the tri. Expect More Joyous and TT to fight out the Doncaster as long as they don't run each other into the ground here.

Danleigh and Snipers Bullet should be very hard to beat in the Ryder - but I've had a sneaky interest in Tickets @ $17 with iasbet yesterdee. Throw in Dao Dao with all of the above and you'll go close to the tri.

Slipper looks difficult on paper particularly with the track conditions- but invariably you should go with the obvious in 2 year old races - Military Rose has done nothing wrong and she's still $3.70 at last check - might just win easily. Also adding Gai's two and Chance Bye for the multiples.

At Caulfield - surely Light Fantastic will just win against this lot - $4 fixed currently.

Go Theseo.

Beltrois - R4 Caulfield - 1pt eachway* 15.00 win (sportsbet.com.au) / 3.00 place
The price put up by the bookies for this Listed/Group 3 class sprinter is amazing value, last 3 runs have been superb, winning the Listed L.T Cleary Stakes and finishing second to Royal Ida in the Group 3 Standish Handicap. Beltrois is up against a really fast horse in Definitely Ready, be he was never raced over 1000m. An Each-Way bet on Beltrois is the more safe bet and way more value than the favourite.

Typhoon Tracy - R4 Rosehill - 2pt win @ 2.00
Typhoon Tracy has won her last two contests in Group 1 Weight-For-Age conditions, her closest rival More Joyous has only won Group 2's all be it by very small margins. Typhoon Tracy is still a class above these fillies and mares and it is going to be hard to see her go down. The ground will be her only concern but I still except her to still outclass them. Her price of around 2.50 earlier in the week was ridiculous and is now at a proper price.

Speed Gifted - R5 Rosehill - 1pt win @ 4.75
Very good run in the Ranvet 2 weeks ago. Won the Metropolitan easily last spring on the rain affected ground, backed in from 7.00 earlier in the week which is another postive.

Military Rose - R7 Rosehill - 1pt win @ 3.60
Very very good 2yo. Easy wins in all her previous races. What I consider to be her main danger in Crystal Lily is drawn in very bad barrier in barrier 1. Barrier 8 is perfect for Military Rose it let her sit outside the leaders and get the outside of the track when turning for home.

CorrectWeightRacing

For the Slipper, Crystal Lily. Prebble on board, can take a sit when Ollie road it behind the speed. Gets a gun barrier, that turn of speed once Ambers Waltz hit the front in it's last start was blistering. Challengers will be obviously Military Rose and Beneteau. Don't think anything else can win it TBH.

For the Slipper, Crystal Lily. Prebble on board, can take a sit when Ollie road it behind the speed. Gets a gun barrier, that turn of speed once Ambers Waltz hit the front in it's last start was blistering. Challengers will be obviously Military Rose and Beneteau. Don't think anything else can win it TBH.

she is actually gonna have a hard time from barrier 1, would not be surprised if she gets up though, impressive filly.

did you get that from a source?

In one of the other Group 1 races today, super mare Typhoon Tracy, who matches Theseo's lofty 124 Timeform rating, looks to have a mortgage on the $400,000 Queen Of The Turf Stakes (1500m), according to Crispe.

The Melbourne mare's task was made easier late last night with the withdrawal of Sydney glamour filly More Joyous.

"We have made the decision to scratch the filly and send her for a spell," Waterhouse said. "She has had two hard runs this campaign and she just needs a good break."

http://www.superracing.com.au/heraldsun/story/Ratings-suggest-Theseo-will-fire/13428

Just reading this thread it seeems like THE GOOD MAGGOT needs to get a life. What a loser. My 2c is Speed Gifted. Theseo wont run the trip unless its a Good 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why Gai and the Sydney racing scene and everyone up there pisses me of. The sole reason gai scratched her filly was simply to save face, TT would have embarassed More Joyous and that would have put a blip on her record and would have forced gai to use every excuse under the sun. I would love for Moody, Hayes, Little and co take out all Of the G1s, would just love to hear the excuses come out of sydney.

I like Backgammon at Rosehill.

Out to $9, think it's a good chance, drifting at a solid rate which is a bit of a worry, but still willing to have a go at it.

Faint Perfume was paying $15 as it was making that massive charge down the outside.

I spent 5 seconds ****ing around trying to put the bet on... wish I had it primed and ready to go, ran all over the top of Valdemoro

This is why Gai and the Sydney racing scene and everyone up there pisses me of. The sole reason gai scratched her filly was simply to save face, TT would have embarassed More Joyous and that would have put a blip on her record and would have forced gai to use every excuse under the sun. I would love for Moody, Hayes, Little and co take out all Of the G1s, would just love to hear the excuses come out of sydney.

we already heard the excuses come out of Melbourne during the Spring :eek:

Beltrois Third advised EW at $15w/$3p was too far back but Definitly ready was too good anyways
I loved Billy Egan's response to when asked what DR had left in the tank. A big smile and then an understated, "There was a bit left there." Gold!

Remove this Banner Ad

Slipper Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back