Smashing Pumpkins or Football

Watch Bulldogs win or Smashing Pumpkins concert ?

• Go with Dad to the Football

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go to the concert

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

those bagging the pumpkins have you even heard their latest album?
its pretty bloody good

anyway i am a little disapointed that im missing the footy but ill be at the gig :)

Dogs v Saints for the first half. See how that's going then bolt over to Festering Hole to see the Pumpkins. I guess they won't come on until around 9pm, but you could check with the venue.

Best of both worlds (except for the whole GA concept thingy and you'll be stuck down the back).

Thanks for voting, but he is going to the concert.:eek:

At least we are not playing Sat or Sun afternoon because he would probably be off to the Garden Show.

anyone with the opportunity to go to the game but isnt, is not a true bulldogs supporter.
:(
dissapointed.

:thumbsdown:

I guess I'm not a "True" Bulldog supporter then.

It's probably my last chance to see my favourite band who I have yet to see may I add.

There will be 19 other Bulldogs games this season and I'll get to most of the ones in Victoria. So take that "isn't a true Bulldog supporter" crap and shove it so it up your arse. Idiot!!!

I can't wait for the concert. I'll wear my Bulldogs hat just for you. :rolleyes:

I saw them at the POW in 94 (?). I've disliked pretty much everything they've done since then (God, Mellon collie was overrated drivel), and even the early stuff sounds kinda dated, but if he wants to go then, you know, whatever. Maybe we'll have a good win and he'll be stuck watching a bald egomaniac drivel on and play overblown rock. His call.

anyone with the opportunity to go to the game but isnt, is not a true bulldogs supporter.
:(
dissapointed.

Lets all bow down to the superior almight presence of Mr Hardcore :rolleyes: What a crock of shit. Im going to the Pumpkins, I've also been a member since I was 10. How does going to a concert possibly outweigh that??

If the Pumpkins played 22 times a year I'd go to the footy. Have you been to every single game the Dogs have ever played Mr Hardcore???

If the Pumpkins played 22 times a year I'd go to the footy. Have you been to every single game the Dogs have ever played Mr Hardcore???
jesus, it was just a tongue in cheek comment dont everyone take it so seriously. and for the record, every game (since I've been a member) Ive had the opportunity to go, I've been to. If I didnt then i'd be a hypocrite.
I'm sorry if it upset all you pumpkins fans.
fwiw, I liked them in the 90's too, but now they're just meh.

Lets all bow down to the superior almight presence of Mr Hardcore :rolleyes: What a crock of shit. Im going to the Pumpkins, I've also been a member since I was 10. How does going to a concert possibly outweigh that??

If the Pumpkins played 22 times a year I'd leave town. What year is it again??

i like how everyone says their new stuff is shit yet they probably havn't listened to Zeitgeist. its a bloody good album.

in any case, the pumpkins were flipping awesome tonight. so glad i got to finally see them.

was getting txt's throughout the gig from mum who was at the game :D

i like how everyone says their new stuff is shit yet they probably havn't listened to Zeitgeist. its a bloody good album.

in any case, the pumpkins were flipping awesome tonight. so glad i got to finally see them.

was getting txt's throughout the gig from mum who was at the game :D

It was an awesome show! I just got back and I was getting texts from my brother (St. Kilda Supporter) each quarter. I was yelling go Doggies etc to all the Saints supporters who tried to scurry away early. I don't normally do that sort of stuff but I'm just amped tonight!

Second half is just about to start on Fox so I'll enjoy watching this one.

What a memorable and enjoyable evening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was an awesome show! I just got back and I was getting texts from my brother (St. Kilda Supporter) each quarter. I was yelling go Doggies etc to all the Saints supporters who tried to scurry away early. I don't normally do that sort of stuff but I'm just amped tonight!

Second half is just about to start on Fox so I'll enjoy watching this one.

What a memorable and enjoyable evening

What was the playlist?.....in London they opened with Porcelina.....big shock!!! Great gig and have to say people who reckon the Pumpkins stopped after Meloncollie or Siamese Dreams have rocks in their heads, Zeitgeist and Adore are cracking albums!

Here is the list. Credit to "ablankpage" from ozphoria.com

It was a really good mix of songs, a lot there to keep die hard fans happy and a few to keep the cauals pleased. Superchrist or Cash Car Star were my favourite songs of the night

Porcelina
Behold! The Night Mare
Bring the Light
Superchrist
Tonight, Tonight
Mayonaise
Lily (My One and Only)
Today
Perfect - (Billy acoustic, Jimmy on tambourine)
Tarantula
Stand Inside Your Love
Ava Adore
Drown
Bullet With Butterfly Wings
1979 - (Billy solo, acoustic)
That's the Way (My Love Is) - (Billy acoustic and Lisa)
My Blue Heaven (Billy and Lisa)
--------
The Everlasting Gaze
Cash Car Star (Piece of Me, What it's Worth, Let There Be Rock)
Set the Controls to the Heart of the Sun
Crush
United States

Ahh no Disarm or Cherub Rock??

or Zero - broke my little heart

if any of you doggies & inparticular - saints supporters got attacked walking past festival hall after the game by an enthusiastic drunk who kept asking you "Who won the footy?" and as soon as you would answer The dogs - the man with the crazy look in his eye started chanting "Doggie Doggie Doggie!!! WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!!" that was me, i'm afraid:eek:

i was pretty chuffed you guys won though - i really enjoyed asking all the saints supporters the result, knowing they had lost - youn could see their adams apple move slightly before every answer - and their eyes moisten up

or Zero - broke my little heart

if any of you doggies & inparticular - saints supporters got attacked walking past festival hall after the game by an enthusiastic drunk who kept asking you "Who won the footy?" and as soon as you would answer The dogs - the man with the crazy look in his eye started chanting "Doggie Doggie Doggie!!! WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!!" that was me, i'm afraid:eek:

i was pretty chuffed you guys won though - i really enjoyed asking all the saints supporters the result, knowing they had lost - youn could see their adams apple move slightly before every answer - and their eyes moisten up

It was funny walking down Railway Pl beside Festering Hole after the game and there were heaps of security guys holding the fans back behind barriers while the footy crowd just strolled down the street unchallenged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Smashing Pumpkins or Football

Back