Universal Love Snark Moratorium

Remove this Banner Ad

I owe gbatman (a poster I usually agree with and enjoy his posts) an sincere apology for going OTT yesterday, you didn't deserve that mate, and despite being a Pro Teague guy, I have this uncomfortable feeling I have been a real pain in the ass lately and over-zealous in my defence of the coach (whom imo should still be our coach going towards)

We all have the same agenda and passion going forwards. GO BAGGERS.

Will enjoy giving Freo the old heave ho tonight. But rug up, it's freezing out there friends

I'd like to apologise for pissing off those with negative and positive opinions that I have tackled without mercy in recent times, and for bringing down the banzhammer with squealing schoolgirl delight.

I'd like to ... but I'm not going to.

'It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am not a big man'

Elmer Fudd Gantry (aka Irwin R Fletcher)
Fletch Lives

I would like to apologise to the Marc Murphy 300 game thread - I made a snarky comment on what should have been a celebratory thread for a captain of this club.

I’ve loved about 290 of his games and shouldnt have let my distaste at the last 10 spill over into there.

Sorry, Marc Murphy 300 thread.

Jimmae while I may not always agree with your thoughts on the game and players, I do admire the way you articulate and how staunch you are with with your beliefs, rather than absorbing the opinions of the masses

Recently, my responses to your offerings have been poor, which hasn't nurtured healthy interactions and or debates. I need to be better in that space

As for the rest of you. forget it, I only have one of these each decade ;)

The Old Dark Navy's really underrated thread

Jimmae while I may not always agree with your thoughts on the game and players, I do admire the way you articulate and how staunch you are with with your beliefs, rather than absorbing the opinions of the masses

Recently, my responses to your offerings have been poor, which hasn't nurtured healthy interactions and or debates. I need to be better in that space

Likewise 👍

Time to bump this thread again.

There are many disillusioned posters on the board at present. There have been a lot of circular arguments, dismissive arguments, holier than thou postings and I'm bumping this to see if anybody cares to mend bridges and find common ground with posters they have clashed with.

Who's going to be the bigger poster?

Has it been a decade already, time does fly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmae I will stop trolling you about Newman. You don’t like him. I get it. It’s your opinion and you can have it. I apologise for being rude.

Well said and seconded. I went OTT after the GWS game so my apologies

I would like to personally and sincerely apologise to A Paddy Dow himself for personally doubting him and writing him (both unfairly and prematurely) on several occasions, especially during our losing streak, where sadly he became some kind of whipping boy/scapegoat for me, even when ridiculously he wasn't playing in most of our games at the time. Really hope he stays at the footy club next year and beyond..

And by extension, and even more so, I apologise to all the Paddy Dow supporters here, whom I butted heads with during that time, I am not so stubborn to admit my mistakes and my very poor and patronising and condescending posts and opinions I had at the time..

I am beyond thrilled to see Dow play good, solid footy for us, just as I am for Lachie Fogarty, another player I had previously written off.

Kudos to all those who always had faith in Paddy Dow.. You was right. I wuz wrong (and misguided) :)

I would like to personally and sincerely apologise to A Paddy Dow himself for personally doubting him and writing him (both unfairly and prematurely) on several occasions, especially during our losing streak, where sadly he became some kind of whipping boy/scapegoat for me, even when ridiculously he wasn't playing in most of our games at the time. Really hope he stays at the footy club next year and beyond..

And by extension, and even more so, I apologise to all the Paddy Dow supporters here, whom I butted heads with during that time, I am not so stubborn to admit my mistakes and my very poor and patronising and condescending posts and opinions I had at the time..

I am beyond thrilled to see Dow play good, solid footy for us, just as I am for Lachie Fogarty, another player I had previously written off.

Kudos to all those who always had faith in Paddy Dow.. You was right. I wuz wrong (and misguided) :)

I want to commend you for bumping this thread and using it for its intention, rather than waiting for a mod to bump it. I'm stoked to see it used properly.

Takes a big person to admit their mistakes. I don't subscribe to mistakes being mistakes as such though. They are opinions based on information at hand at the time they are made. We all have different levels as to when and how we take a leap of faith on a player and coach, and we all have different levels at which we remove that faith.

You see it in the media all the time and if ex players and experienced punters get things wrong, we are allowed to as well.

The ability to change one's mind is vital. Kudos.

I would like to apologise to thylacine60 I think he has me on ignore for what I don’t know, I am sorry for saying something insensitive. I should have been more careful and if I could go back and change what I said, I would 🙏

I would like to apologise to thylacine60 I think he has me on ignore for what I don’t know, I am sorry for saying something insensitive. I should have been more careful and if I could go back and change what I said, I would 🙏
Wow yes I know ! What’ve I done, what’ve I done, what’ve I done to deserve this

I want to commend you for bumping this thread and using it for its intention, rather than waiting for a mod to bump it. I'm stoked to see it used properly.

Takes a big person to admit their mistakes. I don't subscribe to mistakes being mistakes as such though. They are opinions based on information at hand at the time they are made. We all have different levels as to when and how we take a leap of faith on a player and coach, and we all have different levels at which we remove that faith.

You see it in the media all the time and if ex players and experienced punters get things wrong, we are allowed to as well.

The ability to change one's mind is vital. Kudos.

Cheers ODN, those words are very kind and mean a lot to me.

I also tend hope we (as a passionate supporter base as a whole) can move past the whole heated saga about Vossy and his coaching tenure/future during our losing streak.

I disagreed a lot with the supporters who wanted Voss sacked or at least questioned his coaching at the time (which in hindsight, was probably correct, given how we found out the meeting's arranged by Cookie and Ed Curnow discussing the disconnect between the coach and players) which has turned out to be the best thing to happen to the club in years (on field at least)

Most supporters/members here love the footy club and have their opinions based on a life time of supporting this club and an undying passion for the Blue Baggers

As a pro Voss person myself during the losing streak, I understand totally the frustration and angst of those who were unhappy with his coaching at the time..

I definitely don't see any necessity for those supporters of Voss (like myself) to try Lord it over those who were critical of him previously.

There has been too much dark times, infighting and negativity being a Carlton supporter in the past 20 plus years.

We all love the club and want the same thing ultimately (a premiership or two or three :) )

Cheers ODN, those words are very kind and mean a lot to me.

I also tend hope we (as a passionate supporter base as a whole) can move past the whole heated saga about Vossy and his coaching tenure/future during our losing streak.

I disagreed a lot with the supporters who wanted Voss sacked or at least questioned his coaching at the time (which in hindsight, was probably correct, given how we found out the meeting's arranged by Cookie and Ed Curnow discussing the disconnect between the coach and players) which has turned out to be the best thing to happen to the club in years (on field at least)

Most supporters/members here love the footy club and have their opinions based on a life time of supporting this club and an undying passion for the Blue Baggers

As a pro Voss person myself during the losing streak, I understand totally the frustration and angst of those who were unhappy with his coaching at the time..

I definitely don't see any necessity for those supporters of Voss (like myself) to try Lord it over those who were critical of him previously.

There has been too much dark times, infighting and negativity being a Carlton supporter in the past 20 plus years.

We all love the club and want the same thing ultimately (a premiership or two or three :) )

Again, this is a faith thing. Some of the people who kept the faith with the coach during that losing period, also held other opinions about certain players (Dow being one of them), that might also have been unfair. They had less faith in those players than others.

Information at hand at the time suggested we had a big issue and we did. Was it players, coach, recruitment, development? Nothing was changing and when things heat up, a circuit breaker is needed. Whether that is a coaching change, a shock player omission or something else, none of us know. Something just has to change. Seldom is that something achieved and turned around in season. That part has shocked almost everybody.

Those that keep the faith, have they always kept the faith? Did they keep the faith through Malthouse, Bolton and Teague or did they reach a point where it became untenable?

There is nothing wrong with commenting on a player who is out of form, or a game plan that seems confusing or unworkable. People comment on what they see in front of them at the time. When we were a young, rebuilding side, we forgave losses and looked for signs for the future. What we see now is that this side is ready or possibly even a year or so past ready age wise and our expectations change accordingly. As easy it is to identify that sacking coaches has not worked for us, equally we can say that maintaining faith has not been kind to us either. When you are starved of success, it is hard to identify what the right thing is.

All I can say is be kind to yourself and be kind to each other. Nobody is a better or worse supporter for wanting the best for the club. Our experiences and how down times affect our lives are also vastly different.

Absolutely beautiful work ODN and you too Mr Big heart Elmer!
The continued snark is down to a rare few now. I try not to get baited anymore. I've been drawn in a few times lately, and responded, but find I have to go back and delete the posts, because they defeat the purpose of moving on and celebrating the joy our club is now giving us.
If those rare few want to go with stonewalling, well that is on them.
Overall it's a great place full of fantastic people and like the players and coaches, we are mostly more unified for having gone through a painful disappointment together.

Shine on you beautiful posters.
You often lift my spirits after a hard day.🪷🙏💙

Remove this Banner Ad

Back