Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont know about GF, but I managed tonights PF.

I had a legitimate ticket, but due to high demand on the wifi network, it wouldnt load. My mate got through, but i coudlnt even get onto the link ticketek sent me.

A girl at the gate was saying 'if you can show an email or something its okay'

The first email I found from ticketek was actually to an SANFL sf 2 weeks ago.

With the rush at the gate and high pressure, she accepted it as she saw it was from ticketek.

Might be a good tactic to get into the GF next week.

Claim you cant get access to your GF ticket that ticketMASTER sent you due to wifi issues. Then show an email to a game earlier in the season. In the panic they might wave you through like they did me tonight!

Run out of mobile data? Or a calls only deal with your phone?

So, who's trying something for the big game this Saturday?

I'm not talking about sneaking into the Grand Final itself but sneaking in to a clandestine/bootleg/contraband Grand Final backyard barbecue.
There must be plenty of ways to subvert the police state dictatorship in Victoria that has banned such gatherings, in what can only be described as a wanton and gratuitous display of downright un-Australian-ness.

Any ideas? Anyone, anyone...

BBQ stopper.jpg

I'm not talking about sneaking into the Grand Final itself but sneaking in to a clandestine/bootleg/contraband Grand Final backyard barbecue.
There must be plenty of ways to subvert the police state dictatorship in Victoria that has banned such gatherings, in what can only be described as a wanton and gratuitous display of downright un-Australian-ness.

View attachment 990396

Simple, invite the neighbours so they can’t dob you in!!!

View attachment 990396
There might be a few beds in the ICU if you're really keen?

View attachment 990396
If you're doing i strongly suggest picking people up so you dont have 15 cars parked out the front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I snuck in to Somersault music festival at the showgrounds back in the 90s. Festival started early afternoon so me and a bunch of friends turned up around 8am in the morning and walked right in with the setup crew and forklifts etc. No-one was around checking tickets at that time. We had to hang around on tables for hours until it started but the hot chips van was cooking up early which was great.

Last edited:
I snuck in to Somersault music festival a the showgrounds back in the 90s. Festival started early afternoon so me and a bunch of friends turned up around 8am in the morning and walked right in with the setup crew and forklifts etc. No-one was around checking tickets at that time. We had to hang round on tables for hours until it started but the hot chips van was cooking up early which was great.

Was that the one with Rancid, Beastie Boys, Foo Fighters and Sonic Youth?

Anyone still planning on hiding in the dunnies on the 23rd of September?
The 23rd of September?

I’ve been here since the Boxing Day Test!

Great opportunity to test your tactics on Saturday- come for Dees v GWS, hide in the loos for 3 hours, bam

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back