Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Many, many years ago a friend of mine at school took the case for his double bass or cello or whatever stringed instrument he played and just walked in behind the band. He had no prior knowledge of where the band would enter, but figured an instrument case could work if he were forced to make a feverish plea to a security guard. Turns out he didn't need to because he stumbled upon a bunch of kids getting off a minibus carrying their instruments and followed them in.

Given this thread is 129 pages long, he may have also told the story in here!

Double bass or cello case is huge! Where did he dump it while watching the game? Don’t expect he dragged it around the ground with him.

Goondiwindi. Call it the Battle of the Border.

Also on topic for the thread glad it's back in action this week! I've been saving up my pass outs all year, going to give them a crack come Grand Final Day.

Are pass outs still a thing? I thought that your ticket was your pass out as you scanned it on the way out?

Anyhow getting into the ground past security isn’t impossible. Most of them don’t care and are there themselves to watch the game so aren’t focusing on their job. Its pretty easy to spot the one(s) that can be bypassed if you spend a little time watching.

Are pass outs still a thing? I thought that your ticket was your pass out as you scanned it on the way out?
Back in the 80's when Princes park was the home ground of Carlton, Hawthorn and Fitzroy there was a match there every Saturday arvo.

I was a poor student in one of the Melb Uni colleges who bought a ticket for the Round 1 game (for about $4), and then never paid for another match for the entire season.

The trick was to leave just before 3/4 time, get a pass out, and then come back in at 3/4 time when the gates were open for anyone to come in for free.

I'd then go home with that pass out and use it to get in again the following Saturday. Rinse and repeat each week for the rest of the season 😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in the 80's when Princes park was the home ground of Carlton, Hawthorn and Fitzroy there was a match there every Saturday arvo.

I was a poor student in one of the Melb Uni colleges who bought a ticket for the Round 1 game (for about $4), and then never paid for another match for the entire season.

The trick was to leave just before 3/4 time, get a pass out, and then come back in at 3/4 time when the gates were open for anyone to come in for free.

I'd then go home with that pass out and use it to get in again the following Saturday. Rinse and repeat each week for the rest of the season 😁
That’s what I’m talking about.👏

A wonderful story of free footy entry that warms the cockles of one’s heart.

It's a shame katy perry isn't still married to russell brand... All you'd need to do is rock up looking a tad dishevelled + smelling of booze, cigarettes, class a's, and spouting some conspiracy theories whilst rocking a sticky leather jacket
While wearing a large cross and mumbling sky jesus quotes

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back