Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Tight arse things you or others do

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this so much 'tight-arsed' but anyway, So I'm a Carlton member but I often sit MCC as all my mates are and they normally shout me a guest pass, so when i'm sitting MCC at a Carlton game, before I go in i'll scan into the southern stand with my Carlton membership, head straight back out, grab a passout then go scan into the MCC.

I've amassed quite a collection of passouts and it worked a treat last year at the first grand final as I had a yellow passout and those were the ones on the day. Luckily I had 2 mates who had actual tickets so one of them would walk outside of the ground with both tickets while the other stays inside, give me a ticket and boom i'm through the passout gate and i'm in, too easy.

From the GD board...one of the best:thumbsu:
Would be almost cheaper to buy a ticket than buy all those guest passes.

I snuck in for free but no thanks to barmyarmy you dodgy c***, who told me I was 100% guaranteed his mate would get me in. His mate apparently worked at the gate, would call me at 12 and you'd pay once he gets you inside. Guess what...didn't get a call, barmyarmy wouldn't give me his details either. Do you work for the mcg or afl barmy? Your a prick.

Anyway. Got in for free so f*** you barmy.

I was talking to this guy too and he was going to get me in. Luckily for me on the day I decided I would enjoy it a lot more to watch it at home with some beer and not waste any money on getting in illegally and spending the day worrying when and how i was going to get busted.. When 2pm rolled on and still no call I was so glad I had made the decision to stay home!

I was talking to this guy too and he was going to get me in. Luckily for me on the day I decided I would enjoy it a lot more to watch it at home with some beer and not waste any money on getting in illegally and spending the day worrying when and how i was going to get busted.. When 2pm rolled on and still no call I was so glad I had made the decision to stay home!

Good to hear...hopefully he didn't f*** up too many people's day. what a sly w***er though, knew it was too good to be true when he told me his mate had been doing it for 20 years...who the f works at an mcg gate for 20 years lol

So how did u do it?

Well after offering record sales guys some money (with no luck)..we gave it a crack from inside the ground (had 2 mates with tickets). So the plan was to get two record guys to go inside the ground with us, one would take off his jacket and give it to the record guy inside (because why the hell would a record guy have a ticket and scan it out? they have wristbands so it doesn't make sense) who just holds it or puts it on over the top. The record guy without his jacket etc scans one of our tickets out and gives the ticket to our mate waiting outside while the other record guy walks back outside to give his mate his jacket back. So, ticket is able to be scanned in/out and the record guys get in/out without looking dogey. BUT. we couldn't find any guys who were willing haha.

SO.

went inside with my mates ticket and my other mate went in with his ticket. As we were walking passed the scan out gates a lady asked one of the attendants a question and he was a bit distracted, saw the golden opportunity to scan the ticket out, but not actually leave the ground, and took it! I don't think he noticed but I didn't want to stay to hang around and look suss but as we kept on walking we had 4 cops and 3 mcg officials walk passed us looking around talking on walkie talkies saying "he's around here somewhere" so we reckon they might have caught on but didn't see us in the crowd of people. So then my mate just scanned his ticket out and had the other ticket in his pocket to give to my mate waiting outside, and I waited inside for 'em.

The day was off to a great start, but very disappointingly Collingwood lost. Oh well...that's two granny's in a row I've snuck into for free to see pies (they won one of them so I can't complain).

But also there was a wheelchair access to the left of the first turnstile that nobody was occupying. The lady on the adjacent turnstile looked like she didn't even know where she was...If I didn't have my mates ticket and that was my last resort, I'd feel very comfortable at being able to run through it and not get caught. Especially 15-20 minutes before the bounce when the gates and inside the ground gets really busy.

Would be almost cheaper to buy a ticket than buy all those guest passes.

Yer, but it's the effort and the amount of tight-arseness involved that makes it funny..

*pre-mature bump*

I've literally just read the first 42 pages of this thread, haha great read. Was wondering, how much easier would it be to get into a normal home and away game.

Say I want to sneak into Essendon vs Carlton tomorrow ?

*pre-mature bump*

I've literally just read the first 42 pages of this thread, haha great read. Was wondering, how much easier would it be to get into a normal home and away game.

Say I want to sneak into Essendon vs Carlton tomorrow ?

Wait till the 10 minute mark of the first quarter, grab a ticket or pass-out from a Bombers fan mumbling "we beat em in '93..".

Nah seriously i can't think of any way other than to send a mate in with a ticket and somehow get his hands on 2 pass outs. Worked for me in 2007 at the dome...

Good luck :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCG hosting its 2500th game today! Saw this on the Herald Sun website.

284332-the-people-039-s-ground.jpg

The crowd spills onto the ground during the 1950 Grand Final between Essendon and North Melbourne. Gates were closed two hours before the game and angry fans forced a gate to get into the ground.

bump..

Yes, it's that time again....

Anyone got any bright ideas this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back