Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

for those of us who don't subscibe to the HUN..what does the article say?

for those of us who don't subscibe to the HUN..what does the article say?

FOOTY frauds are duping the AFL and fans under an online ticketing scam.
The cheats are paying up to $400 less by buying junior and concession tickets online without needing to verify they are entitled to the reduced rates.
Fraudulent fans are gaining entry to home-and-away games for $4.15 on junior tickets - instead of forking out $21.30 for an adult fare. The savings are $17.15 a game, or $394.45 a season.
Ticket-holders are taking a punt on the fraudulent tickets and sneaking through the turnstiles at often unsupervised stadium gates - particularly at the MCG.
Cheats take a bigger risk at Etihad Stadium, with entry-point screens flashing the type of ticket a patron holds as it is scanned.
Last night the Herald Sun successfully entered the Hawthorn-West Coast clash at the MCG using a junior ticket bought in advance online and printed with Ticketmaster's ezyTicket system.
AFL forums are rife with fans boasting about rorting the system, with one member on the Big Footy site claiming: "You go to a busy turnstile and just get through quick. You're generally fine."
Others write of gaining cheaper entry at Etihad Stadium and the MCG "without getting sprung", while a Brisbane Lions supporter suggested the issue was widespread by posting: "Works a treat at the Gabba. $8 tickets all season long."
AFL spokesman Patrick Keane said the league was aware of supporters buying tickets cheaper than they were otherwise entitled to but described the instances as "minimal".
"Gate supervisors are required to check each ticket that provides an alert as a junior or concession entry," Mr Keane said.
"The AFL repeats that instruction to our venues several times per year."
But, despite three uniformed supervisors patrolling the MCG's gate five entrance yesterday, the Herald Sun successfully entered with the offending ticket, passing through unchecked.
Of more than seven million fans who attend AFL home-and-away games on average each season, more than 910,000 are admitted under the junior rate, based on AFL figures.
The Herald Sun alerted several AFL clubs to the issue and requested data on whether the scam had lured potential members. Each club referred the matter to the AFL.

lol..'minimal instances'....their loss, the fans gain.

They are pretty strict at Etihad. Last 3 games I have been to they have asked for concession card. At MCG have been asked once this year. Funny thing is you could show them any card, or an out of date card, the staff couldn't care less, they just want to be seen as doing their job. Never tried a child's ticket.

This is a hot air story as the people did not do it, but hopefully it can be used to inspire a few young fans out there. A few mates of mine wanted to invade the pitch along with everybody else when Plugger kicked the goal to break Coventry's record, but also see if they could stay on the field once the crowd was cleared, i.e. one was going to be dressed in the Sydney gear and the other in the Collingwood gear, or as runners/waterboys. It sounded good in theory but I always wondered whether it would have worked or not.

They are pretty strict at Etihad. Last 3 games I have been to they have asked for concession card. At MCG have been asked once this year. Funny thing is you could show them any card, or an out of date card, the staff couldn't care less, they just want to be seen as doing their job. Never tried a child's ticket.
yeah a friend left her concession at home had a concession membership, she had to buy a ticket to get in as home was too far away to go back and get it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. At the 1999 GF I had a mate working at the passout gate at the MCG. For a laugh I asked him to give me a 'few' not expecting him to risk his job by giving me any. He wasn't fussed at all and handed me around 30 whilst no one was looking. As all my mates had tickets for the game so I was left with 30 passouts. I then walked around the MCG handing them out to North fans without tickets. They were simply stunned at some random drunk lunatic(celebrations had started in the carpark GF morning!!!) giving them a passout to get into the ground. At the time you just needed a passout to get back into the 'G not the match day ticket as well.

2. In 1996 a non-North mate of mine had a ticket from his work for the GF but didn't want to go. He said I could sell it for whatever as long as I gave him the $80(from memory) face value of it. Bewdy I thought, I could make a few hundred for myself to cover my expenses for the day. Anyhow I was at Arden St watching the Roos train on the thursday when I overheard behind me a young girl around 14 crying hysterically into her dad's arms b/c she didn't have a ticket for the game. I looked around at them and offered the ticket to her for the $80 without hesitation. I simply couldn't be an arseh*le and rip her off. Her dad was a bit suspicious at a stranger offering a cost price GF ticket but I gave him my details in any case. On the saturday night at the premiership celebrations at Arden St that same girl saw me, ran up to me in tears and gave me a massive hug and could not stop thanking me. Just a fantastic GF memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back