MVP so when does player sponsor draft start?

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't start until after the PSD/RD I'd imagine.

Who ran it last year and do they want to volunteer to run it again?

Also, as alluded to above you may not be eligible if your listed team isn't West Coast.

That would be me Fivey, and i'm happy to run it again. To ensure complete neutrality when determining the draft order I will sit out sponsoring a player for next year as well.

Can run the registrations now if people are chomping at the bit to sign up? Although as per usual picks won't start till the conlusion of the rookie draft so we've still got 2 months before that happens.

I'm in!
Hmm I picked almost last in sponsor draft, yet my player (Embley) did really well (possibly due to me). Let's hope this year I get higher in the order.

I'm in!
Hmm I picked almost last in sponsor draft, yet my player (Embley) did really well (possibly due to me). Let's hope this year I get higher in the order.

Well then it is your mission to turn somebody else around that desperately needs it, i.e. Masten, Swift etc. That will surely test your player sponsorship powers.

Can run the registrations now if people are chomping at the bit to sign up? Although as per usual picks won't start till the conlusion of the rookie draft so we've still got 2 months before that happens.

Count me in :thumbsu:

After my poor effort in bringing Neates to superstardom this year I have a lot to prove as a player sponsor next year...

Can someone give a rundown for us noobs about how it works and what is involved?

Nothing to it. You throw your hat into the ring and then when everything is sorted (the afl draft is done and we have enough people interested in being sponsors) we do a draft of our own.

Then:

- You pick a player
- You start a thread on them in the birds of prey section
- You keep that thread updated with your players performance, if you want (or you basically do what you like there)
- You go around having your players back, if that's how you want to go about it.

It's pretty relaxed.

I'm keen again this year, BTW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well then it is your mission to turn somebody else around that desperately needs it, i.e. Masten, Swift etc. That will surely test your player sponsorship powers.

Sounds like a challenge I'm game for. I proclaim before all of Bigfooty, if I pick 1st-10th, I'll ruin all your hopes and dreams by sponsoring Swift and then defending him to the last bitter letter on this keyboard.

If you say he kicked it out on the full, I would simply say he was practicing his Brad Ebert impression. If you say he kicked it completely wonky and just shanked it, I would say he's improvising. Come at me in an aggressive manner, male siblings.

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP so when does player sponsor draft start?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back