So, who?

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans v Lions.
Who do you want to take our role as reigning Premiers?
Initially I was thinking Lions because they were so close in ‘23.
But… Grundy!
I want him to get what he was denied through no fault of his own because he would have been integral in our 2023 Premiership had he not been forced out.
Go Swannies!

Swans v Lions.
But… Grundy!
I want him to get what he was denied through no fault of his own because he would have been integral in our 2023 Premiership had he not been forced out.
Go Swannies!
Can't support Swans because of Papley.

Pros for swans:

Grundy (might be negative for some)

Negatives for swans:

They're douchebags
Their coach
Their president
Papley
Umpire cheats in 2022 prelim

Pros for Lions:

Their coach was humble last year in defeat

Negatives fo lions:

They're douchebags
Rayner
Daniher
Umpire cheats in 2002 GF
Neale stole Daicos brownlow

Swans v Lions.
But… Grundy!
Go Swannies!
Feck Swans. Hate them.
Brisbane all the way.. for me anyway

Pros for swans:

Grundy (might be negative for some)

Negatives for swans:

They're douchebags
Their coach
Their president
Papley
Umpire cheats in 2022 prelim

Pros for Lions:

Their coach was humble last year in defeat

Negatives fo lions:

They're douchebags
Rayner
Daniher
Umpire cheats in 2002 GF
Neale stole Daicos brownlow
Decent Summary. Grundy is the only positive for the Swans winning, I’m all for Brisbane to win. Yeah they’ve got a few flogs in their team but Fagan is a likeable guy and they’ve been around the mark for a while now so they’d probably deserve a flag. Helps that I was too young for 02 & 03 so I don’t have that trauma that other people have…..

Swans v Lions.
But… Grundy!
Go Swannies!
Grundy looks like he's not too fussed about winning or losing. He's a strange cat. My dislike of Sydney and a number of their players makes supporting them a bridge too far. Longmire is a tosser too- forever swearing and muttering like a crazy man while holding his hand over his mouth. His BS comments about Fly and Collingwood's apparently huge homegrown advantage just adds another reason for backing the Lions.

All I know is, I’m going to wear my 2023 premiership cap right up until the final siren.

Yesterday I was on the Swans, but I feel it has shifted after tonight’s win. I couldn’t believe how hard I was barracking for Brisbane tonight.

Lions for me with Papley missing a goal after the siren to win it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lean towards Brisbane.

It does not bother me if Brisbane win the flag. I think they handled their defeat last year with class and dignity. Additionally, the Lions winning would also further enhance what we achieved last year.

Sydney are arrogant pricks. Who in their right mind would want Tom Papley to have a premiership medal, plus I hate how Longmire disrespected Fly the last time we played them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel this is a win/win situation.

So many delicious tears whatever happens.

I'm going to watch it knowing that I will be satisfied no matter the outcome.

Brisbane
Hate Sydney. Hate their idiot supporters.

I like Fagen. Would be happy to see him get the ultimate success.

no attachment to Grundy for me. So don’t care to see him a Premiership player. Absolutely do not want to see Papley a Premiership player.

Sydney took our place in the 2022 GF and did nothing with it. They just handed it to Geelong. I don’t think I hate anyone more than Sydney bar Carlton actually. AFLs babies they get too much preferential treatment.

So screw them and GO LIONS!!!

The Brions for the Fly & Leppa connection.
Can't stand the sight of Papley as well as a number of other swannies I find on the nose, too many to mention.

I wasn't planning to miss half a night's sleep over the game and just watch the recording in the morning. But I have to give a ton of credit to Fagan and his players for putting it together at just the right time and they're riding their streak all the way to the end which I hope they finish it in grand style. But, to do it, they'll be short their ruckman so that will be another obstacle to overcome.

I've been thinking hard about the folks here who are still hurting over the 2002 and 2003 Grand Final losses and, in particular, the former where a couple of very questionable calls could have turned that result the other way. I will admit I felt the same way going into the Grand Final last year. But with the triumphant victory and, in particular, the commentary about Nathan Buckley letting go of emotions he claimed he couldn't believe were still buried deep inside him, the win healed much of that pain and angst from those teams Buckley led into battle.

Further, how could anyone really want to push Fagan's nose further into the mud when he and his club have diligently contended over the last six seasons and have come so close, but never getting to the summit. That he managed to get his team back into the Grand Final for another crack at it is admirable as it is worthy of respect for he and his club. Besides, our boys ran out victors against them not once but twice this season. When was the last time that has happened? As far as hating on Brisbane, have we forgotten so quickly where our head coach and some of his assistants came from? Further, they happened to be present on the ground during both of those Brisbane victories over Buckley's Brigade.

In all, Collingwood and Brisbane have historical as well as current events ties to each other, as well as in the media (e.g. Brown and Buckley together "On the Couch"), for better or worse, and maybe it's a red-headed stepchild relationship, but you can't deny it's there. So, on that somewhat obtuse basis, I'll pull for the Lions, and Chris Fagan, to finally get over the hump and win a deserved Premiership that's eluded them for several years now.

Peace!

Remove this Banner Ad

So, who?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back