Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olympiakos'..... uh.. away? Kit?
adidas_ofc_away_15-16_5_players.jpg

Hmm. Not a fan of the red pinstripes, but pretty good nonetheless!

Here is a little trivia about both the Arsenal away kit design and Puma's diamond designs this season.

The diamond pattern that is featured on several Puma teams kits this season is a throwback to the early 90's Weder Bremen and other teams Puma kits;

trikot-0219hk140808.jpg

For the Arsenal design, the colours were chosen because Arsenal have a history of wearing Yellow it made sense with the recent FA Cup success to alter that into gold. Further to this memories of another successful era in the colour (early 00's) also led to bringing back the gold. The diamond design when viewed is actually different to the above image and the other kits this year with the design, as the Arsenal kit features the "A device" that is featured in the triangle on the back of the jersey for all 3 kits this year. Finally the V insert is a throwback to older kit designs that featured this in some form and fits with the general design of the kit.

*Information taken from a video about the kit on the Arsenal websites video player.

it definitely evokes memories of 01-02 when we did the double.

View attachment 153225

That it does. Hopefully it will replicate that feat or even take us to a treble.

On a side note the old one I have has Bergkamp 10 on the back, and for some continuity I went with Wilshere 10 when I ordered the new one.

That it does. Hopefully it will replicate that feat or even take us to a treble.

On a side note the old one I have has Bergkamp 10 on the back, and for some continuity I went with Wilshere 10 when I ordered the new one.
Asia trophy, Emirates Cup, Community Shield??

Agree re: the diamond pattern, however it definitely evokes memories of 01-02 when we did the double.

View attachment 153225

Sheer brilliance, from the goal, to the celebration, to the jubilation in the away end, to Wenger's reaction.

The diamond pattern is ordinary and unnecessary as Dylan implied. I'm all for digging up such an iconic number as inspiration, though.

Puma are shite and I h8 them but the away kit receives a pass from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's just sad. $500 at least or all of those. Consider the opportunity cost.

Hell, not to mention the AUD to GBP exchange at the moment.
Ergh. Looked at the Liverpool away strip because it looks fire, turns out a top + number (big skrt) + prem patches is like 140 bucks without thinking about shipping. I reckon the last one I bought was about 110 with delivery.

Ergh. Looked at the Liverpool away strip because it looks fire, turns out a top + number (big skrt) + prem patches is like 140 bucks without thinking about shipping. I reckon the last one I bought was about 110 with delivery.
If only you were in Adelaide where a lot of sports stores are selling training gear and kits..

Good point. Could always cut costs by NOT adding numbers...
But Premier League numbers? Or the club ones?
Prem. I ****ed up my last order when I got the 2012/13 home and got Liverpool lettering with prem patches. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back