Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That shade of yellow is putrid!

For comparison, here's what they wore in that 2003 game against the Brisbane Strikers:

2608080-adelaide-players-celebrate-their-victory-after-gettyimages.jpg

Is it just me or is the goalie wearing a different brand of shirt to the rest of the team?

anyone watch the crystal palace vs arsenal game last night?
found it strange that the players had a different brand kit to the manager who had a nike jacket along with a few other managers

found it strange that the players had a different brand kit to the manager who had a nike jacket along with a few other managers

I'm pretty sure the Palace kits are made in-house so there'd be no contractual obligations as such

Loved the white socks with the Arsenal strip, though.

It's just a shame the likes of Spain, Germany and Argentina won't be wearing their usual short colours, instead having "one colour" kits. I've read that it's a new FIFA rule for the world cup (teams having a fully light and fully dark kit), but i've also read that it's just an Adidas thing, so I don't know which is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just a shame the likes of Spain, Germany and Argentina won't be wearing their usual short colours, instead having "one colour" kits. I've read that it's a new FIFA rule for the world cup (teams having a fully light and fully dark kit), but i've also read that it's just an Adidas thing, so I don't know which is true.

The FIFA rule from 2010 (not sure if it has changed) states:

Equipment Regulations

IV Playing Equipment

5 Colours

5.6 The Official Equipment and Reserve Equipment of a Member Association must be clearly distinguishable based on the principle of light and dark contrast of used Colours irrespective of the prevailing conditions, such as weather and light. Member Associations may provide additional Reserve Equipment to achieve a clear distinction and differing visibility from the Official Equipment

So I am not sure if it is just Adidas or all manufacturers, or even the national federations just making it easier to avoid clashes or if it is being policed more strictly.

The FIFA rule from 2010 (not sure if it has changed) states:

So I am not sure if it is just Adidas or all manufacturers, or even the national federations just making it easier to avoid clashes or if it is being policed more strictly.

I'm guessing it would mean white shorts for Australia if we have to go down this path? Or two tone gold. *shudder*

I'm guessing it would mean white shorts for Australia if we have to go down this path? Or two tone gold. *shudder*

White shorts is a possibility, but as we normally wear a full blue away we could get away with the green shorts. Plus I believe that Brazil are still going to have their usual look, so we should be able to as well.

If it is a full yellow kit, I and am sure most australian soccer fans will be seriously p'd off.

I think it's just Adidas using the monotone colour ways.

You think of the most classic kits, and they all utilise contrasting colours from shirt to shorts: Germany, England, Brazil, Argentina... I don't think you could name a country, maybe aside from Portugal, who've had a period of regularly wearing one-colour kits.

White shorts is a possibility, but as we normally wear a full blue away we could get away with the green shorts. Plus I believe that Brazil are still going to have their usual look, so we should be able to as well.

If it is a full yellow kit, I and am sure most australian soccer fans will be seriously p'd off.

I wouldn't mind the Socceroos frontin' up in white shorts with the home strip. Using the heat as some kind of Nike excuse wouldn't be an issue with me – it could be interesting.

And I seriously hope we get rid of the uber-bland navy away get-up. I just think it's so inane. I reckon a dark green change strip would be cool. Celtic's is still one of my favourites...

IMG_3221_2.jpg

KillenSDM2906_228x342.jpg

According to http://www.football-shirts.co.uk:

Australia – The latest Australian home shirt will be the same colours as the current one, with the collar as currently seen on the Manchester United away kit, the shirt will be worn with green shorts. They away kit will be a obsidian blue, with sport gold details to be worn with blue shorts.
So perhaps we can breathe easy.

I hope it is just an Adidas thing, I cannot picture Brazil wearing all yellow.

I think it's just Adidas using the monotone colour ways.

You think of the most classic kits, and they all utilise contrasting colours from shirt to shorts: Germany, England, Brazil, Argentina... I don't think you could name a country, maybe aside from Portugal, who've had a period of regularly wearing one-colour kits.

I wouldn't mind the Socceroos frontin' up in white shorts with the home strip. Using the heat as some kind of Nike excuse wouldn't be an issue with me – it could be interesting.

And I seriously hope we get rid of the uber-bland navy away get-up. I just think it's so inane. I reckon a dark green change strip would be cool. Celtic's is still one of my favourites...

IMG_3221_2.jpg

KillenSDM2906_228x342.jpg
I've always wanted to see Australia in a dark green kit. I've never understood why they don't reverse the colours of their home...

I love that the Socceroos wear the navy, it's one of the traditional colours of Australia and looks damn good with wattle gold. I'd actually love to see more of our teams wear navy and gold considering those were Australian colours before green and gold were.

I love that the Socceroos wear the navy, it's one of the traditional colours of Australia and looks damn good with wattle gold. I'd actually love to see more of our teams wear navy and gold considering those were Australian colours before green and gold were.

But it's just so, so boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back