Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** I hate when they say wanky shit like
"Our aim was to create an identity that acknowledges everyone who plays a part in one of the most exciting leagues in the world."
Yes it perfectly represents all of the lions who play in the EPL.

**** I hate when they say wanky shit like
"Our aim was to create an identity that acknowledges everyone who plays a part in one of the most exciting leagues in the world."
Yes it perfectly represents all of the lions who play in the EPL.

PL, please. We would hate to imply that the league was in any way connected to England!

No, surely not.
12728766_1118113574874814_64893653811132278_n.jpg

Shop, yes. But it's an official one, not just speculative.

https://www.wearedesignstudio.com/works/premier-league-rebrand/

It is just a proposal for how the patch could look (thus why on the design companies website and not part of the official announcement). The official patch has not been released yet and will be along with other elements as the new season gets closer (as per the Premier Leagues press release).

Why bother putting it out if it's a placeholder? Why even have a placeholder?

It isn't a placeholder, it is a concept that the company came up with, it may end up being the actual badge, but it was not announced with the logo package so it is likely just an example that the company put forward for a potential design, the same goes for the logo on the ball as they used this years ball over next years which is supposedly this one (with the new logo of course):

Nike-2016-2017-Premier-League-Ball%2B%25282%2529.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah that's a pretty good shirt I say. It's a bit empty looking but I think people are used to seeing A-League sides have garish logos and plastered words all over the shirt. I think this works, and the number is just throwing people into a training attire mindset. I think the sponsor is a cracker too, I would love for that to stay on.

garcia-and-risdon_uoilo2uo17l010czgsotbcwwa.jpg

Perth 20-years-of-QBE-sponsorship shirt for tomorrow vs Brisbane.

Many things wrong with this one.
Shit template
Sydney FC colour
Unreadable '20-years' type
Wrong 'Insurance' font (unless there's some SGI-shit change that hasn't been rolled out)
Ordinary graphic and interplay with the purple, just going to look like an indigo blur on the gut
No connection with anything PGFC from the last 20 years, aside from this exaggerated and derivative pinstripe device that was only ever in the first -vertical- stripes

I can't see purple shorts and socks saving it either.

Shit template
Sydney FC colour
Wrong 'Insurance' font (unless there's some SGI-shit change that hasn't been rolled out)
Ordinary graphic and interplay with the purple, just going to look like an indigo blur on the gut
No connection with anything PGFC from the last 20 years, aside from this exaggerated and derivative pinstripe device that was only ever in the first -vertical- stripes

That's so shit.

Should have been a throwback to the original piece of shit we wore, at least it might have some meaning.

images

Shit template
Sydney FC colour

Macron have made class throwback kits ala Lazio but this is really bad. Its a 50/50 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back