Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
Yes we played poorly and lost, yes we sold our home game to Darwin

But for god sake stop talking about cancelling memberships and saying you give up on them.

That's exactly what the club doesn't need if they want to improve

I know lots of you are probably blind drunk and can barely type but at least try to think before you type.

I feel embarassed knowing decent fans and even opposition supporters come here to read the threads and see these horrible reactions.

Rage all you want saying how angry you are but don't point fingers at individual players over one game and say you give up on them.

Very poor form from a few people on here

Welcome to the Richmond BF board, we're an emotive lot, but it's certainly overreaction central I'm afraid.

Yeah shocking mcuzzy, I am really annoyed at that game but I am still going to continue following the club that I love. They looked tired out there tonight and I think that the bye could not have come any sooner to be honest.

Performance and Sale of the game are two things that really piss me off but the fact we go behind in the finals race just makes me sad because just like MadTigerFan i have seen two finals series in my life.

Good thread. Lets stick the boots into the absolute flogs that stick the boots into a greatly improving but young side at the slightest chance.

**** them all off for good :thumbsu:

Every club has bandwagoners... you should have seen some of the cats fans at the suns game tonight. Quarter of them left at the beginning of the fourth... didnt stick around to sing the song, probably because they dont know it.

The feeling of a win for the bandwagoners has absolutely nothing on the elation we feel because we stick with them through thick and thin. Pathetic the way they carry on, but they are the ones missing out.

I agree that cancelling memberships is madness but I do understand the frustration.

I'll always support the Tigers and never give up on them but sometimes you need to call a spade a spade and admit that the effort put out on the field tonight would make the great Jack Dyer turn over in his grave.

The poor efforts for the most part were not from kids.
From some pof the senior players it was inspid and unacceptable.

The frustration is compounded by the growing media bandwagon. But hey as life long supporters nobody could blame us for getting excited about finals chances if only fleetingly.
This makes the loss harder to take.

Let's just accept it's another development year and the losses will be easier to take.

Perhaps like a joke i saw on the footy show many years ago they should offer the velcro membership for the bandwagon supporters, allow them all the fun and venting of ripping up their membership but the can jump back on board when they pick back up...

The feeling of a win for the bandwagoners has absolutely nothing on the elation we feel because we stick with them through thick and thin. Pathetic the way they carry on, but they are the ones missing out.

Thissssssssss!!!

You need to experience the disappointment to really feel the happiness. Everyone knew that as a young developing team we were bound to have a few hiccups here and there. Just a shame it was against the shittest team in the comp atm, and a game that we had sold :(

Couldn't give a shit if people cancel their memberships, shows how weak they are. Heck, PM me your membership numbers I'd love to have the pleasure of passing it on to the club for you. Gtfo asap I say.

Nothing we can do now but move on and get behind the boys to pick themselves up over the bye and come back out fighting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah shocking mcuzzy, I am really annoyed at that game but I am still going to continue following the club that I love. They looked tired out there tonight and I think that the bye could not have come any sooner to be honest.

Tired, FFS it's not even half way!!!!

What supporters are worried is that it's typical Richmond, meaning they are teasing!

It's a cumulative thing. Even though this is a new coach/admin and pretty much a new playing group, whether or not it is fair or not shockers like tonight build on a legacy of so many let downs and false dawns that it is hard not to over-react. As John Button said ( I think about Geelong) it is the hope that kills you.

We really do have a massive contingency of ferals in our supporter base
Such a shame as we have some great supporters too
Reality is we still have a young side, as young as Gold Coast Suns but we have been much more impressive than they have this year

I'm not sure if the greasy conditions were discussed much by the match committee before the game, I think we all knew they were coming from past games there.

But our forward structure was way off considering, and I don't think our forwards played those conditions well either.

All in all, just another learning exercise really. They shut several of our playmakers out of the game, whilst we seemed happy to go head to head, and cop losing the battles.

Disappointing, but not overly surprising. If we really were a top eight team, you'd be a little devastated, but most people on here know we are not really that quite yet. Plenty more ups and downs to come this season I suspect.

Well spare a thought for those that are little older and have lived through more than you impatient lot.

I cant believe the ranting going on this board since last night. Some obviously needed a good old dose of reality check.

Exactly, I'm 35 and have seen 2 finals series, don't count 82 as I was 6. U learn patience as a tigerman. I am very excited about where we are heading as a club and the a grade kids we have coming through, I'm not going to let a bad loss to port change that. Keep believing boys, we will get to the promised land!!

This.

People forget how torutred we 20-somethings are.

Try being a 30 something. I have vague memories of 80 and 82 (I was 6 and 8 respectively) but spent most of my school years being ridiculed for my team. I was living abroad in 2001, so I've really only seen one finals campaign in more than a quarter century of following the team closely.

The poor efforts for the most part were not from kids.
From some pof the senior players it was inspid and unacceptable.

THIS!!

Dont mind when a kid like Helbig has a shocker but when Lids, Cotchin, Newman etc are NON-EXISTENCE you have to question the leadership at the club.

Lets hope it is a result of fatigue and that Dimma puts a rocket up the leadership group this week.

Lots of feral morons on this board.

Just need to take a deep breath and look how far we have come in the last 12 months rather then completely lose your shit over one game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Some of the 'supporters' on here are terrible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back