Something something Tarzan, something something Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

9home.jpg

Agree with all bar Thomas.

250nvyw.jpg

4gtcmb.gif

Thomas at his best would have been in the top 10 hardest players in the comp, injuries and confidence have him a shadow of his former self.

I can't stand the bloke it's tough to say that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie Flower
Adem Yze

Flower definitely, I loved the Ooze but reckon he was a pretty outside type of player.

Kade Simpson, Thomas, Bartel, Enright and Fyfe in his early days come to mind. Viney is small for us but has been pretty well developed physically from day 1 whereas I think this thread is more about the rangy medium sized players.

Agree with all bar Thomas.

250nvyw.jpg

4gtcmb.gif
I love to hang shit on the guy but credit where credit's due, before injuries got a hold of him, I've never seen a bloke with such little muscle definition throw himself into as many packs as Daisy did.

In his prime, an elite gut runner who put his body on the line for his mates more often than I care to remember

Genuinely looked scared of contact during his first year or two in the league.

I'd name Dale Thomas, Liam Shield, Gavin Brown, and Stephen Silvagni.
For someone of his size I can't find another person who is willing to go in as hard as he does. Was probably playing hurt in his first few games after doing his shoulder in his debut but can't fault his commitment.

Pickett built like Jane?

****in LOL!

Bloke was built like a wrecking ball and played accordingly.

Laidley is a great suggestion. Built like a pipe cleaner but always played near or around much bigger forwards like Lockett, etc, having to fill holes and take hits for the team.

LOL - cleaning up Jarred Grant of all players, and the kid got a hospital handpass

That footage is actually more damning for Hunt, really....
And with back turned so he couldn't see him coming

He did have 2 times in his career where he pulled out of a contest, but apart from that I wouldn't call him a soft player. Just got tarnished from those 2 incidents. Mackie was much softer but with his build who can blame him.
Does that include the one early in the 3rd quarter of the 08 GF?

Do they have to be any good?

Xavier Ellis was broken too many times. Inside bull game-style in a wafer-thin body that couldn't cope with the body-hits.

Josh Thurgood threw himself into every contest like it was his last. (Sadly it often was!)

Kade Simpson my nomination. Lucky to be 70kg dripping wet and probably the hardest at the Blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Something something Tarzan, something something Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back