Something something Tarzan, something something Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Some odd calls in this thread. Byron pickett and Steve Baker weren't tall but they both looked like they ate empty vb stubbies for breakfast. Hardly came across as soft blokes.

I'll put forward those i did in the other thread, Brett Kirk, Dale Thomas and Nick Riewoldt. Never saw Robbie Flower play but could add him by all reports.

Last edited:
Short doesn't necessarily mean "built like Jane" - there's a lot of tall, skinny blokes doing okay (and have done well in the past)

Fletcher was never stocky, but held his own really well. Helped by his height, sure - but when you compare him to some of his bulkier opponents, he did okay

Is this meant to be an ironic post or not? I've always regarded him as one of the softest players going around and have found that port supporters often agree with that point of view.

He isn't a hard nut and he is probably the weirdest living organism that I have ever seen but he certainly isn't soft and I know my fair share of Port supporters who feel the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Memory is being tested a bit, but Dean Laidley was a lot tougher than his frame would suggest he ought to have been.

Gavin Wanganeen too.

Surprised Johnny Platten hasn't been mentioned numerous times.
My recollection is he wasn't slight and Naley was the frail looking one from that era. Both tough as nails inside mids before the word was invented. Memory plays tricks though.

Genuinely looked scared of contact during his first year or two in the league.

I'd name Dale Thomas, Liam Shield, Gavin Brown, and Stephen Silvagni.
Agree with all bar Thomas.

250nvyw.jpg

4gtcmb.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Something something Tarzan, something something Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back