Something something Tarzan, something something Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with all bar Thomas.

250nvyw.jpg

4gtcmb.gif
My god that's embarrassing

Xavier Ellis was definitely a Jane prototype, but gave more then he got

Travis Tuck was also built like Jane, but was a human wrecking ball (but that might have been due to substance issues)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they have to be any good?

Xavier Ellis was broken too many times. Inside bull game-style in a wafer-thin body that couldn't cope with the body-hits.

Josh Thurgood threw himself into every contest like it was his last. (Sadly it often was!)

Kade Simpson my nomination. Lucky to be 70kg dripping wet and probably the hardest at the Blues.
You nailed Thurgood, Seemed to miss any concept of fear in his makeup. We have one, Buntine that reminds me of him and the risk is he will go the same way, with multiple concussions already.
Wonder if it's becaise they are good enough to crash through in the junior leagues and then fail to adjust at AFL level where the opposition is good enough to stop you, if you dont change your game plan.

Flower definitely, I loved the Ooze but reckon he was a pretty outside type of player
Yeah fair call on Yze. Fits the Jane bill but maybe not the Tarzan bit.
I wasn't lucky enough to see Robbie Flower but my old man says he's the best Dee he ever saw

Plenty of big blokes who like throwing their weight around as long as they can are putting a hit on, but aren't nearly as eager to put their own body on the line.

Are they the only two tackles Polec has ever laid?

He doesn't fit in this thread.[/QUOTE]

In his career, he's just under some bloke called Dustin Martin for average tackles per game despite having a year less in the system and averages more tackles per game then Kade Simpson.

He isn't a Jane (what he is I don't know), but he certainly isn't a soft squib like people seem to think.

In his career, he's just under some bloke called Dustin Martin for average tackles per game despite having a year less in the system and averages more tackles per game then Kade Simpson.

He isn't a Jane (what he is I don't know), but he certainly isn't a soft squib like people seem to think.

Dustin Martin isn't really known to be much of a tackler. Bull with the ball, yes, but not exactly a defensive minded player.

Also re: your average argument, typically a smaller sample size means a higher average so Polec's year less would help him there.

Maybe Polec isn't as soft as being made out but he's definitely not a hard nut. Certainly doesn't put his body on the line much, which granted isn't his role.

I watched him v the Bulldogs at Adelaide oval this year and he was a big part of the dogs winning with his lack of physicality when matched up with jake stringer in the last quarter when the latter was moved up the field

Remove this Banner Ad

Something something Tarzan, something something Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back