Sorry but Ling's a Liability!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ling smashed Swan in all contests from 1st quarter, one of the best shut down jobs handed out.

Lonergan smashed Cloke as well - how he did not win the Norm Smith is staggering.

Ling is one of many problems at Geelong.

You can add Ottens Corey Hunt Scarlett Enright Hawkins Podsiadly Mooney and Stokes to that list.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on Maxwell, Didak, Blair, Wellingham, Dawes, Brown, Jolly and Wellingham. :p

Ling is one of many problems at Geelong.

You can add Ottens Corey Hunt Scarlett Enright Hawkins Podsiadly Mooney and Stokes to that list.

All bar Mooney becoming premiership players in 2011.

Great call Timmy! :p

Good calls by True Blue Cat and King Elvis. The changing of the interchange rule this year changed the game and just proved that Geelong are actually the fittest side in the competition. It's the younger sides that can't run out games well, when are people going to realise this? It's taken Geelong winning the flag this year to show that. ****ing good on them, legends.

I remember going to the Geelong v Collingwood game last year and didn't get my ticket so only managed to get a ticket in the nose bleed section.

We were soundly beaten and Collingwood played a fantastic game. Unfortunately some of Collingwood's finest couldn't be gracious in victory. Started ripping into Ling as we were leaving. A 15 minute barrage of highly offensive and derogatory comments about our Captain ensued from all corners on my walk out of the MCG. Nothing was off limits it seemed, Ling clearly past it, shown up by the legend that is Dane Swan.

It cut to the quick as I was leaving the ground that day. A Geelong captain, dual premiership player and club best and fairest given zero respect. But I bit my tongue and let them have their moment. Nothing to be gained.

Well our captain made the beloved Swan look like a steaming pile a manure yesterday and shut their smutty little toothless gobs in the process.

Extremely satisfying.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on Maxwell, Didak, Blair, Wellingham, Dawes, Brown, Jolly and Wellingham. :p

According to the AFL website, Brown was rated a 7.5 - what the? He was OK but 7.5. BTW, they also collectively rated Collingwood's players better than Geelong's - go figure!

You eating humble Pie yet :D

I hope he plays next year .
He dominated Swan yesterday .
A good tagger always beats people like Swan Judd and co , just ask Judd who had no influence during this years finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty embarrassing when a bloke who is old and past it takes the newly crowned brownlow medallist out of the game and not just 'any' game.

I wouldn't be so quick to laugh at this thread

While watching Ling yesterday I thought back to that game against Collingwood last year, and couldn't believe how much of a contrast it was between the two performances. He looked well past it, and WAS liability in that game. He was always a step behind and looked like he was chasing his own tail for most of the game.

But credit to him, it's an amazing turn around for him. Just goes to show how much of a champion he is. But I certainly wouldn't have backed him with my own money, not sure too many people would have after last year.

cameron ling turns back the clock and humiliates nathan buckley yet again :D

I wouldn't be so quick to laugh at this thread

While watching Ling yesterday I thought back to that game against Collingwood last year, and couldn't believe how much of a contrast it was between the two performances. He looked well past it, and WAS liability in that game. He was always a step behind and looked like he was chasing his own tail for most of the game.

But credit to him, it's an amazing turn around for him. Just goes to show how much of a champion he is. But I certainly wouldn't have backed him with my own money, not sure too many people would have after last year.

Lingy has never been quick and to base your opinion on 1 game last year is probably not the wisest thing to do. There was no turnaround - he has been great for years, albeit a little slow.

Can now add premiership captain to his list of achievements. A great of the GFC and never a liability IMO. Sure he's played the odd quietish game over his career, but who hasn't.

Heart and soul of the club.

I had some Geelong guy PM me telling me to be a man and apologize about this thread!

Fact is I'm not going to apologize for it because in last years prelim when I posted this thread he was a liability! He cost Geelong that game by playing injured and he looked like the game had past him by!

Now as I said in the OP I love lingy and I'm now stoked he's a premiership captain but I'm not going to apologize for this thread, nearly everyone agreed with me that day that he really cost Geelong!

To the cats fan that PM'd me, congrats on the win I was among the hoards of other ppl barraking for you guys in the GF and was genuinely happy when you's won but mate, I'm not apologizing to anyone over this thread because it was the cold hard truth in last years prelim and if you guys don't believe me watch the game again and judge for yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back