Remove this Banner Ad

Jacobs08

Senior List
Apr 30, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know this is getting ridiculous....

but I was just reading the main board and I can't believe some of the suggestions for a Judd trade... i.e Courtney Johns & Kepler Bradley....

From a West Coast eagles fan point of view what would you be happy with ?

Knowing that you are always going to come off second best (since judd is walking out)

Would West Coast consider something like:

Mark Williams (if his knee is OK), Dowler (Pick 7 in 2005), and our first round draft pick ?

or

Mark Williams (if his knee is ok), Chance Bateman, and our first round draft pick?

Or is this simply no where near good enough?

but I was just reading the main board and I can't believe some of the suggestions for a Judd trade... i.e Courtney Johns & Kepler Bradley....

Knowing that you are always going to come off second best (since judd is walking out)

Mark Williams (if his knee is OK), Dowler (Pick 7 in 2005), and our first round draft pick ?

or

Mark Williams (if his knee is ok), Chance Bateman, and our first round draft pick?

I don't want us to take more than one player in the Judd trade. That would force us to delist an extra player.

I want us to take two picks (the higher the better) and a player who can walk into our best 22.

For example, from Carlton I would want picks 3 and 20 and Brad Fisher.

From Essendon, I would want picks 6 and 22 and Scott Gumbleton.

So let's say you offered Williams and your pick 12. Rather than including another player, I would want Hawthorn to get hold of a top 10 pick and include that.

or

When 14 year olds tell us that the inside word is that Essendon will offer up Bradley and Johns and the "Eagles should take it or else..." some of us stop reading

I wouldn't be surprised to see Judd be forced to go into the PSD. If no decent trades come up then no team who is in finals contention will get Judd. If WCE can't get what they want then neither will Judd.

Judd isnt going to Hawthorn and anyways Williams knees are meant to be stuffed - hes like 24 and meant to have knees that of the age of a 30yr old. so too risky.

Pick 1 + 3

Pick 1 + Kennedy

Pick 3 + Fev + 20

Gumbleton + Ryder

Gumbleton + Pick 6

I wouldnt take Ryder + Pick 6 we already have heaps of tall backman from last year.

To be honest... I don't really want Judd at our club anyway (if he came cheaply then yeh for sure).... but if you want Judd you have to give up way to much !!!

the other thing is ... once a traitor always a traitor...

I would rather keep our playing group together.... it is a team sport!!!

I hope we target someone like Alan Didak and Goose

I was just wondering what you would want for JUDD

mate the only way judd would get to the hawks is if franklin or to a lesser extent thorp were involved but there is no way the hawks would do that.

To be honest... I don't really want Judd at our club anyway (if he came cheaply then yeh for sure).... but if you want Judd you have to give up way to much !!!

the other thing is ... once a traitor always a traitor...

I would rather keep our playing group together.... it is a team sport!!!

I hope we target someone like Alan Didak and Goose

I was just wondering what you would want for JUDD

Why would Didak or Maguire be any less of a traitor than Judd if they left their respective clubs to go to Hawthorn? At least Judd left West Coast for the justifiable reason of going home.

And how would you get those players and keep your playing group together?

Why would Didak or Maguire be any less of a traitor than Judd if they left their respective clubs to go to Hawthorn? At least Judd left West Coast for the justifiable reason of going home.

I think he just said that because you upset him when you rejected his proposed trades? :p

btw, - how would WC supporters react if a deal couldnt be reached with judds club of choice - would you prefer that he get sent to the PSD? or to take a lesser deal?

I'd prefer him to go to Richmond in the PSD rather than seeing us rorted at the trade table.

At least at Richmond, we can minimise the amount of damage he can do to us.

What Gunnar said.
You need to start thinking about trading your gun youngsters, because you don't have the draft picks to compete with the likes of Carlton & Essendon.

West Coast won't accept a fringe player. Not when its trading away the competitions best player.

Names like Roughead, Lewis, Thorp, etc need to start popping up for the Hawks to be taken seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want us to take more than one player in the Judd trade. That would force us to delist an extra player.

I want us to take two picks (the higher the better) and a player who can walk into our best 22.

I generally agree, however, I would also accept Gumbleton + Jetta + 6. One of the few occaisions I would take two players.

I think I would give my left nut to get gumbleton to our club.....top WA youngster.......has a shitload of potential.

I reckon gumby and pick 6 from the bombers would do it for me.

although I do really like williams from the hawks too.....providing his knees are ok=gun forward.

Firstly... Maguire and Didak arnt the heart and sole of the their respective football clubs... JUDD WAS....

Secondly... Didak and Maguire are not captains...

and Thirdly.... htere is a rumour going round that collingwood dont want Didak anymore!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to drive you crazy !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back