South Fremantle Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that was the reason he gave - but surely that was likely to happen given Reece started playing the following year after Theo nicked off.

I'd love to have him back, but I reckon he might owe the gummies a bit of loyalty now. That's my opinion anyway...

Well that was the reason he gave - but surely that was likely to happen given Reece started playing the following year after Theo nicked off.

I'd love to have him back, but I reckon he might owe the gummies a bit of loyalty now. That's my opinion anyway...

Well that and we got Tim Mallseed and Kris Miller for him, so it was a big price to pay for thenm

So how does this new WAFL points system work again then?

Basically if your club name starts with Subiaco, then the rules don't apply to you

But Bell, Sampi, Graham, Collard, Clement and Farmer are all produced by South, so we'd get a discount for having them

So how does this new WAFL points system work again then?
Basically Jackfrost any player you recruit from outside your own zone is worth anywhere from 1 point up to 12 points based on which level you have come from eg: AFL or VFL, SANFL or from another WAFL club. Then it comes down to how many games played. I have copied something I've put up on another forum to give you an example. Each WAFL club can accumulate a maximum of 130 points. These players are only ones that 2 clubs have recruited so far for 2009. In brackets is their age.

Perth
Armstrong (25) 1
Dick (20) 1
Moody (23) 10
Ferguson (24) 10
McLay (24) 5
Woods (28?) 1

Total 28

South Frem

Bell (33) 1
Farmer (33) 1
Sampi (26?) 1
Graham (26) 1
Street (24?) 10
Adams (24) 10 (if he is cleared)

Total 24

All those players worth just one point are ex AFL going back to their original WAFL club. That is what the WAFC is trying to encourage so powerful clubs like Subiaco don't steal all the ex AFL players from other poorer clubs. There is a salary cap over here of just $200 000 but some clubs have been rorting it for years because it's virtually impossible to track, that's why they brought in this points system which is used in the NBL.

All those players worth just one point are ex AFL going back to their original WAFL club. That is what the WAFC is trying to encourage so powerful clubs like Subiaco don't steal all the ex AFL players from other poorer clubs. There is a salary cap over here of just $200 000 but some clubs have been rorting it for years because it's virtually impossible to track, that's why they brought in this points system which is used in the NBL.

:thumbsdown:

;)

Basically Jackfrost any player you recruit from outside your own zone is worth anywhere from 1 point up to 12 points based on which level you have come from eg: AFL or VFL, SANFL or from another WAFL club. Then it comes down to how many games played. I have copied something I've put up on another forum to give you an example. Each WAFL club can accumulate a maximum of 130 points. These players are only ones that 2 clubs have recruited so far for 2009. In brackets is their age.

Perth
Armstrong (25) 1
Dick (20) 1
Moody (23) 10
Ferguson (24) 10
McLay (24) 5
Woods (28?) 1

Total 28

South Frem

Bell (33) 1
Farmer (33) 1
Sampi (26?) 1
Graham (26) 1
Street (24?) 10
Adams (24) 10 (if he is cleared)

Total 24

I'd be interested to see what rating Theo Adams would get, given he actually is originally from South Fremantle i'd be suprised if he got ranked a 10

Kane my understnding is he will cost SF 10 points. He was cleared to EF 2 or 3 years ago so is now an EF player with over 100 games experience. I don't think the fact he started his career at SF comes into it.

Kane my understnding is he will cost SF 10 points. He was cleared to EF 2 or 3 years ago so is now an EF player with over 100 games experience. I don't think the fact he started his career at SF comes into it.

How the hell did he rack up 100 games at EF in 2 years? :confused:

Or am I completley misreading that? I still think it's strange that a guy who played in our colts, reserves and league premiership side gets considered not one of our products

How the hell did he rack up 100 games at EF in 2 years? :confused:

Or am I completley misreading that? I still think it's strange that a guy who played in our colts, reserves and league premiership side gets considered not one of our products
He didn't, like I said it doesn't matter if he played 100 games for SF, then 1 game for EF, if he is an EF player then he is a 101 + game WAFL player and ANY WAFL club he goes to will accumulate 10 points. As it stands now he will be worth 7 points to EF on their list because he transfered to them when he had played about 50+ games. In Theo's case, I think if the new points system had been in place when he was thinking of going to EF, he might have reconsidered.

He didn't, like I said it doesn't matter if he played 100 games for SF, then 1 game for EF, if he is an EF player then he is a 101 + game WAFL player and ANY WAFL club he goes to will accumulate 10 points. As it stands now he will be worth 7 points to EF on their list because he transfered to them when he had played about 50+ games. In Theo's case, I think if the new points system had been in place when he was thinking of going to EF, he might have reconsidered.

that sounds a lot more complicated then it should be :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a furphy that is. :rolleyes:

The players had to come from somewhere and we were pretty hamstring when it came to concessions. So the new coach brought a few of his players along with him from his old club... sheesh that's a real new one there.

That we were based in Fremantle and called the Fremantle Football Club should've been enough of a hint (even for the more intellectually challenged among us) that we are the Fremantle Football Club. I mean, how much more obvious could they make it???? :confused: :eek: ;)

Sorry IP but a successful & legitimate launch could have only ever been achieved by a merger of the Mighty Bulldogs and (dare I say it) Old Easts. Dragging those interlopers down from Claremont would have been sacrilidge for Freo diehards. I'm not sure your Club has ever really recovered.

Theo Adams is heading back to Souths - it's confirmed.

http://www.footygoss.com/index.php/main/club_news/east_fremantle/view/adams_leaves/

Theo Adams Leaves the Sharks to head back to the Bulldogs
Posted Jan 29, 2009 - 21:46 PM
By Ryan Miller
Rumours have been Confirmed that East Fremantle Midfielder and 2007 Lynn Medallist Theo Adams has left the club. Only 4 months since he came 4th in the Club B&F and only 5 months since he re-signed for the club rumours had leaked that the Right footer had a change of heart and wanted to return to South Fremantle, the Club where he was a part of the 2005 Premiership so that he can join his up and coming younger Brother Reece.
Reece Adams missed out on this season’s draft but the 18 year old will be in the selectors sights come November 2009. It is believed that this is a catalyst in Theo’s Change of heart as he wants to spend a season playing with his brother before he leaves for the AFL.

Theo Adams is heading back to Souths - it's confirmed.

http://www.footygoss.com/index.php/main/club_news/east_fremantle/view/adams_leaves/

Theo Adams Leaves the Sharks to head back to the Bulldogs
Posted Jan 29, 2009 - 21:46 PM
By Ryan Miller
Rumours have been Confirmed that East Fremantle Midfielder and 2007 Lynn Medallist Theo Adams has left the club. Only 4 months since he came 4th in the Club B&F and only 5 months since he re-signed for the club rumours had leaked that the Right footer had a change of heart and wanted to return to South Fremantle, the Club where he was a part of the 2005 Premiership so that he can join his up and coming younger Brother Reece.
Reece Adams missed out on this season’s draft but the 18 year old will be in the selectors sights come November 2009. It is believed that this is a catalyst in Theo’s Change of heart as he wants to spend a season playing with his brother before he leaves for the AFL.

Welcome home Theo! :thumbsu:

There will have to be some sort of decontamination go on though

First scratchie is against the gummies on Fri 27th Feb @ Freo Oval, starting at around 7.30 (I think). :thumbsu:

On an unrelated topic, there are a few blokes taking part in the Freo intra-club match tonight. Kyle Hams, Nathan Phillips, Reece Adams and Leigh Kelly are all getting a run.

Looks like Clement has finally signed.

Good recruiting from South to be able to attract their former players back to the club.:thumbsu:

Jaymie Graham
Peter Bell
Ashley Sampi
Jeff Farmer
James Clement

Did I miss anyone?

Only missed out on Matt Moody and Heath Black as players not returning to Freo Oval.

Go you Bullies:D

Good recruiting from South to be able to attract their former players back to the club.:thumbsu:

Jaymie Graham
Peter Bell
Ashley Sampi
Jeff Farmer
James Clement

Did I miss anyone?

Only missed out on Matt Moody and Heath Black as players not returning to Freo Oval.

Tundra, I was at training watching Perth last night and was speaking to a former SF player who's son has seen the light. I'll leave you to ponder who that might be? :D

Jaymie Graham
Peter Bell
Ashley Sampi
Jeff Farmer
James Clement

Did I miss anyone?

Jimmy as well? Awesome! :D

My mail is that Ashley Sampi is still under contract with his club in Victoria and will not be released due to numerous issues

Even if we don't get Samps we're going to have an awesome team this year

Graham, Clement, Farmer, Bell will add definite class to the team. Add to it we will see a mix of AFL listed players this year in Wilson, Murphy, Head, Duffield, Thornton and Gilmore playing which can only make us stronger. Add to it even more with former AFL players Siegert, Walker, Ugle and Toby McGrath will add even more to our firepower.

How do people see us lining up this year? Potentially we could at full strength looks something like

FB K.Hams Clement Walker
HB North Thornton Head
C Gilmore Bell Duffield
HF Ugle Wilson T.Mcgrath
FF Farmer Murphy Sampi
R Graham T.Adams N.Street
IC Smithers Siegert Malseed Miller

Not likely to happen but still, we can dream

Thats side looks good on paper, although James walker retired last year and is no longer at the club.

The problem with South is that we are still not the quickest side going around. Our ruck and speed has been a concern the last couple of seasons, so we'll have to throw some pacey young players in ther(which we have coming through the ranks).

I dont think we are the lay down misere's people think we will be but I hope I am wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

South Fremantle Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back