Southern Dragons 2009 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 21 vs Mod Squad

5. Cheetah (10 kicks, 5 marks, 18 handballs, 4 tackles, 2 frees for, 1 goal)
4. cormick (16 kicks, 7 marks, 7 handballs, 1 tackle)
3. Zainta (13 kicks, 4 handballs, 11 tackles, 5 frees for, 2 frees against, 1 goal)
2. 15Petterd15 (11 hit outs, 10 kicks, 3 handballs, 2 tackles, 1 free for, 2 frees against, 1 goal, 2 behinds)
1. Wiskers32 (10 kicks, 9 marks, 6 handballs, 3 tackles, 1 free for, 2 frees against)

Final Tally

43 – 15Petterd15
42 – SA Hawkette
33 – Ljp86
32 – Wiskers32
26 – cormick
26 – Cheetah
24 – Zainta
19 – tim_saints
12 – Pie 4 Life
10 – Big Kitty
10 – Chezwick
9 - Coin_Toss
9 – Moo
4 – CrowGirl74
4 – keato3
4 – roylandroos
3 – dannitori
3 – Shadow Man
3 – StatsFanatic
1 – Fantastic_Crows

Congratulations to 15Petterd15 who is the Southern Dragons Best and Fairest Player for Season 2009. Petterd gained 43 votes during the season, overtaking SA Hawkette in the last round to win by one vote. SA Hawkette finished second whilst club captain Ljp86 placed third.

Final Results -B&F

1st - 15Petterd15 (43 votes)
2nd - SA Hawkette (42)
3rd - Ljp86 (33)
4th - Wiskers32 (32)
5th - cormick, Cheetah (26)

Fairest and Best - 15Petterd15
Best Midfielder - 15Petterd15
Best Forward - Pie 4 Life
Best Defender - Coin_Toss
Leading Goalkicker - Pie 4 Life
Best First Year Player - Zainta
Best Clubman - cormick
Captain's Award - Chezwick

Timmy was robbed in the Best First Year.

He was consistant all year in his performances on the field and off the field.

Just because he left in controversy at the end of the season does not mean you should hold a grudge and almost completely remove anything to do with him from the club.

I'm sorry I had to leave the club as I did, but my season at Dragons started ok, but the end was crap for me, I hope you continue to use the jumper I designed, but won't be surprised if you changed it with my leaving... glad to have managed 3 B&F votes though... anyway goodbye and see you next year when you face the Hawks!

I feel for SA Hawkette! Does (she?) post much anymore? I don't have a good memory for that kind of stuff.

Well done Petterd and the rest of those that polled well.

Despite ribbing them in recent threads, I'd like to publicly thank Tim and Stats for their service to this great club. I think I'm a bit fortunate to recieve the best clubman award ahead of the three great leaders, Ljp, Petterd & Pie. But I'll take it :D.

Good work Ljp, good night!

Almost time for pre-season now. I await with baited breath!

I feel for SA Hawkette! Does (she?) post much anymore? I don't have a good memory for that kind of stuff.

Well done Petterd and the rest of those that polled well.

Despite ribbing them in recent threads, I'd like to publicly thank Tim and Stats for their service to this great club. I think I'm a bit fortunate to recieve the best clubman award ahead of the three great leaders, Ljp, Petterd & Pie. But I'll take it :D.

Good work Ljp, good night!

Almost time for pre-season now. I await with baited breath!

I think you won it by deciding to stay at the dragons then moving to the furies. THAT is a great clubsman.

Preseason Starting Early At Shagons

Although illegal in the AFL, the Southern Dragons Fantasy Football Club will be made to put in a longer preseason than usual, after a poor showing in the finals series they were tipped to make a big impression.

The Shagons have lost at least two players, including the prominent-posting Tim_Saints, over the off-season, and are looking to offset their losses by increasing their training load.

The recently re-signed Cormick, crowned Dragon's Clubman of the year at last night's Best & Fairest award, declared to the media "we're a force to be reckoned with.

"While all the talk has been on the Hawks and the Bombers, we're confident we can remain a force in the SFA. I think it will be agreed that we'll come back a week or two early for the preseason, which should give us the rock-hard fitness that was probably lacking in the finals."

But the effervescent wingman couldn't resist a snipe at his team's rival:
"Admittedly the Hawks and Bombers have gotten a few coups, but they're coming from a long way back."

With a core-list of star players including captain Ljp86, ruckman Petterd, EKA Medalist favourite Zainta and full forward Pie 4 Life, the Dragons are among favourites to repeat their minor-premiership feats of 2009, but Cormick wasn't resting on his laurels: "It's not good enough to dominate in the season-proper and then fail in the finals. We want to go to the next level next year."

When questioned about the Dragon's poor showing in the finals, he was adamant it wasn't a choke: "No, to say it was a choke would be disrespectful to both the Furies and Wonders. Both are great teams and deserved their grand final berth. But it was still disappointing not winning a final. But that's why we're going to start preseason early. I think it's imperative if we're to be successful next year."

In other news, the rumours regarding former Dragon's star Frankston Rover joining little-known forward StatsFantastic at the Hawks have both been confirmed. Southern Dragon's management are said to be less-than-impressed but declined to comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very glad to get first-year player award, and a massive congrats to all of the award winners, especially Petterd. Very well deserved.

Ummm... i am struggling to understand how the game is played, are posessions, goals etc just randomly calculated or is it based on player attributes or is there a running play by play where the game is posted on a forum or something.

I am definitly interested and have already posted my height/weight/psitins etc just want to know what i am doing

All you have to do is post. The game is run by a simulator called Qooty, each game the captains submit a side of 20 players which are then put into the simulator by the competition. The game is then "simmed" (i.e. played) and it puts out a result in the form of commentary. This commentary is then posted along with the game stats at the completion of the game.

Since the comp revolves around a simulator, the bread and butter of the comp is posting which can be in the form of banter, sledging, articles, B&F's and other such stuff. All you really need to do is post and stay active.

It's alright, head over to our new thread and post there. Good to have you on board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern Dragons 2009 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back