Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Southern FL - 2011

Got told on the weekend by a mate involved at an SFL club that Fev will play for New Norfolk against Glenorchy in the SFL when they play them at Boyer. That will give the Glenorchy SFL coach something to think about!

Got told on the weekend by a mate involved at an SFL club that Fev will play for New Norfolk against Glenorchy in the SFL when they play them at Boyer. That will give the Glenorchy SFL coach something to think about!

Stand alone match at Boyer on Queens Birthday Saturday. Another former AFL player lining up for the home team as well.

Stand alone match at Boyer on Queens Birthday Saturday. Another former AFL player lining up for the home team as well.
Simon Wiggins the former Carlton player I heard.

Hey Norcky, what is going on with the pies SFL side? are they going to fold?
Lack of numbers?

Heard that they are struggling, but on the plus it might help Claremont a bit, to many teams and not enough players in the area!

I see the roster is out, round 1 Kingborough V New Norfolk at Kingston. Every chance that it could be like last years grand final. Might be worth going along.

Heard that they are struggling, but on the plus it might help Claremont a bit, to many teams and not enough players in the area!

I see the roster is out, round 1 Kingborough V New Norfolk at Kingston. Every chance that it could be like last years grand final. Might be worth going along.

How can their be too many teams in that area? In Hobart we have North Hobart, Hobart, Hutchins, Dosa, & StVirgils.
Maybe better money is on offer at other SFL clubs & OS teams?. I heard that Central Hawks & Triabunna are on the edge too. Anyone know about this or any other clubs looking in any strife for money or players?

How can their be too many teams in that area? In Hobart we have North Hobart, Hobart, Hutchins, Dosa, & StVirgils.
Maybe better money is on offer at other SFL clubs & OS teams?. I heard that Central Hawks & Triabunna are on the edge too. Anyone know about this or any other clubs looking in any strife for money or players?

Once again the info on here about the Hawks is rubbish. The Hawks have not, are not, and will not be folding. This is FACT. Anything else anyone hears is pure rubbish.

Once again the info on here about the Hawks is rubbish. The Hawks have not, are not, and will not be folding. This is FACT. Anything else anyone hears is pure rubbish.

good to hear. there has been far too many clubs fold in the last decade or two. we don't need any more to go, no matter who anyone's allegiance lies with.

Responding to Frankly the club at the moment has definatly got the numbers for a colts team but not the seniors/reserves. Madmug is correct about the money issue. I mean who would do TSL training for almost nothing when you can train 2 nights a week for $150+ a game.

Wouldn't suprise me if Triabunna were to go back down to the ODFA as I'm sure that the wood chip mill problems aren't helping with finding local players in the area.

As for your comment about clubs folding I'll give you a stat. In 1997 there were 120 clubs in Tasmania, in 2012 there will be 94-95.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Responding to Frankly the club at the moment has definatly got the numbers for a colts team but not the seniors/reserves. Madmug is correct about the money issue. I mean who would do TSL training for almost nothing when you can train 2 nights a week for $150+ a game.

Wouldn't suprise me if Triabunna were to go back down to the ODFA as I'm sure that the wood chip mill problems aren't helping with finding local players in the area.

As for your comment about clubs folding I'll give you a stat. In 1997 there were 120 clubs in Tasmania, in 2012 there will be 94-95.

Thats a terrible stat. All those local clubs & team like Sandy bay too, its sad. I wonder if AFLTas care at all?

Thats a terrible stat. All those local clubs & team like Sandy bay too, its sad. I wonder if AFLTas care at all?

As long as the monkeys at argyle st are are being feed there $$$ each week they couldnt give a shit. When you have a crowd bigger to the local grand final that the major competition in the state you have massive problems. Saying that it does mean that the SFL is a very strong and well run competition, having seen it evolve since the old STFL days we have lost Channel, Lachlan and Kermandie, but gained New Norfolk, Triabunna, Cental Hawks and Dodges which gives nearly area of southern Tasmania some sort of involvement.

P.S what would people think if we merged the OSFA in with the SFL, had 2 divisions with a promotion and demotion system at the end of the season??

As long as the monkeys at argyle st are are being feed there $$$ each week they couldnt give a shit. When you have a crowd bigger to the local grand final that the major competition in the state you have massive problems. Saying that it does mean that the SFL is a very strong and well run competition, having seen it evolve since the old STFL days we have lost Channel, Lachlan and Kermandie, but gained New Norfolk, Triabunna, Cental Hawks and Dodges which gives nearly area of southern Tasmania some sort of involvement.

P.S what would people think if we merged the OSFA in with the SFL, had 2 divisions with a promotion and demotion system at the end of the season??

I dont think the OS clubs would want the extra travel. Maybe also they wouldnt like to have spend even more to win a flag than they do now. :eek:

SFL back to 11 teams. Glenorchy not fielding in 2012.

Fev date being re-scheduled I believe if possible

So they lasted 1 season!!! Why were they allowed into the competion in the first place??? They were competive in the seniors, but there ressies and colts really struggled. Always going to hard to field 5 teams for any club.

So they lasted 1 season!!! Why were they allowed into the competion in the first place??? They were competive in the seniors, but there ressies and colts really struggled. Always going to hard to field 5 teams for any club.

We all know some clubs OS & SFL clubs are throwing money about, maybe that has affected them? I see DOSA have picked up some guys who dont just play for a beer or two!!! OHA seem to attract players too. How are other clubs going anyway.?
Checked the Web, Glenorchy SFL colts played in the prelim final against Kingston. Close game by the scores, so they cant have been too bad.

We all know some clubs OS & SFL clubs are throwing money about, maybe that has affected them? I see DOSA have picked up some guys who dont just play for a beer or two!!! OHA seem to attract players too. How are other clubs going anyway.?
Checked the Web, Glenorchy SFL colts played in the prelim final against Kingston. Close game by the scores, so they cant have been too bad.

Colts were an excellent team. At one stage were close to Premiership favourites in my book.

Well for 1 point though eliminated the bye! 2 they are only in recess! Are going to try and get the numbers back up next year! Have been a bit behind the 8 ball this year with a turn over in board members, coach's and a lot of players leaving! No one knows who gets what, and you can't knock a bloke for getting money if the club is willing to offer it!

Well for 1 point though eliminated the bye! 2 they are only in recess! Are going to try and get the numbers back up next year! Have been a bit behind the 8 ball this year with a turn over in board members, coach's and a lot of players leaving! No one knows who gets what, and you can't knock a bloke for getting money if the club is willing to offer it!

I'm Not knocking guys getting money.
It may say something about loyalty.
It might also say something about salary caps, & how they are monitored, or not, in SFL & OS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back