Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Was about a 10 goal game in the end. Was a relatively tight first half. Sorell played 35 odd on to Hobart's 20 so were always going to overrun them. Hobart had help with a few TSL City players played.

In other words, they got flogged by the side who finished 2nd last in 2013 and they had players from the statewide comp. Going to be long year at TCA

WHERE IS THE ROSTER!!!!!

this was printed in the mercury NOVEMBER 11

The SFL roster will not be released until after Christmas. The inclusion of the Hobart Tigers next year means the competition will have a bye. "We're in the throws of getting it developed at the moment," said SFL president Kyron Johnson.
"There are some ideas being thrown around but I can't say anything at this point.
"What I can say is there are some innovative ideas, including some 'themed' rounds and rounds with good family activities."

HURRY UP

WHERE IS THE ROSTER!!!!!

this was printed in the mercury NOVEMBER 11

The SFL roster will not be released until after Christmas. The inclusion of the Hobart Tigers next year means the competition will have a bye. "We're in the throws of getting it developed at the moment," said SFL president Kyron Johnson.
"There are some ideas being thrown around but I can't say anything at this point.
"What I can say is there are some innovative ideas, including some 'themed' rounds and rounds with good family activities."

HURRY UP

There has been a roster sent out to clubs. Had a look at East Coasts draw on a mates phone, they have a tough run with who they have to play twice. 16 game season, 2 byes + byes for the SFL rep game (and maybe another bye if they're still doing the Tassie U23 game). Will probably change you'd think.

Which clubs aren't struggling for numbers? Cygnet, Huonville, Hobart, Dodges, Kingborough all getting poor numbers from most reports.

There has been a roster sent out to clubs. Had a look at East Coasts draw on a mates phone, they have a tough run with who they have to play twice. 16 game season, 2 byes + byes for the SFL rep game (and maybe another bye if they're still doing the Tassie U23 game). Will probably change you'd think.

Which clubs aren't struggling for numbers? Cygnet, Huonville, Hobart, Dodges, Kingborough all getting poor numbers from most reports.

I think you will find JS that most clubs these days before xmas and most of Jan struggle for numbers. As guys like to enjoy the warm weather (when it's there) and other sports during the summer. It's not unusual or out of the ordinary for clubsto have low numbers. Watch them all to pick up in the next few weeks.

Depends on what you consider to be low numbers SK. It's well documented that Hobart haven't been traveling well & Kingborough have already told the SFL they won't be fielding a twos side. I'd heard the other sides down that way are also battling pretty hard for numbers. The huon clubs all played finals last year apart from Cygnet who missed out on %. Barring the extraordinary DF will not have a reserves side.

This isn't the AFL but you'd think blokes would be turning up in Febuary if they're the least bit serious about playing finals.

No different to any other year in other words
I'm sure you will correct me if I am wrong, hobart has been formed 4years(1944) longer than lauderdale(1948). In that time Hobart have won 9 premierships(about 1 title every 8 years), lauderdale have won 1 premiership in 1991(1 title every 66 years).
How much lemon and how much lime would you like with your bitters?

I'm sure you will correct me if I am wrong, hobart has been formed 4years(1944) longer than lauderdale(1948). In that time Hobart have won 9 premierships(about 1 title every 8 years), lauderdale have won 1 premiership in 1991(1 title every 66 years).

Hahah Hook line and sinker ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lauderdale Football club was formed in 1979 by the way

As I said I'm sure you will Correct me if I am wrong, while your at it you might want to correct Wikapedia, it says 1948. Ah well 1979 you say, we'll one premiership in 35 years is much more acceptable.

Ill guarantee you it was 1979, anyway im not quite sure why you think its some Hobart V Lauderdale thing with me? I have never got on here and spruiked the Lauderdale Football Club, in fact i have been quite the critic of them over the years but I will admit they are finally starting to get there act together and building a fairly strong club. The thing that shits me is that Hobart have been run so poorly for the last 15 or so years yet all they seem to want to do is blame other people or organisations for the predicament they find themselves in, its for this very reason and attitude that they are where they are. As for the strange response you thought I gave I thought old mate blind freddy could see that it was a light hearted dig and i was searching for the exact response you gave ;)

Practice matches shouldn't be far away

Heard there is some games Thursday 27th at twin ovals, round robin matches with Kingborough, Hobart, Cygnet not sure of times or if any other teams playing

Will let you know

Been a long time reader of this thread but decided I would join up and contribute. Tasmanian football is in turmoil. been heavily involved in tas football for the last 20 years and we have reached an all time low. The biggest problem we have is there is far too many clubs for the population playing football, something has to give very soon. the SFL is f***ed. Claremont cheat the salary cap and its pretty damn obvious. East Coast are too busy fighting amongst themselves on here to be taken seriously. Its a 2 team comp, Claremont and NN. Hobart, Kingston, Huonville, Cygnet, Sorell and Dodges Ferry will be all struggle this year. I could ramble on for hours but cant be bothered

Been a long time reader of this thread but decided I would join up and contribute. Tasmanian football is in turmoil. been heavily involved in tas football for the last 20 years and we have reached an all time low. The biggest problem we have is there is far too many clubs for the population playing football, something has to give very soon. the SFL is f***ed. Claremont cheat the salary cap and its pretty damn obvious. East Coast are too busy fighting amongst themselves on here to be taken seriously. Its a 2 team comp, Claremont and NN. Hobart, Kingston, Huonville, Cygnet, Sorell and Dodges Ferry will be all struggle this year. I could ramble on for hours but cant be bothered

Welcome aboard, another voice that thinks that Tassie football is struggling.

You not on your own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back