Status
Not open for further replies.

MountPrettyBoy

Senior List
May 18, 2007
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
Collingwood
My understanding is that the cerberus reserves from the last few years are mainly made up of blokes who have rugby/soccer back grounds and have never played football before. This they believe is leading to alot of injuries especially knock outs as they aren't used to be hit from any angle. So the reasoning is that the thirds is a weaker comp, thus being a bit easier for these blokes to get used to football. As i said this is just second hand info from a reliable source.

I think what Tigris was getting at, is that he realises that's their reasoning for putting the 2's into the thirds comp (with Cerebus thinking it's going to be much easier for them).

But I think the point he is trying to make, is that a fair few of the thirds teams (especially the teams created from Div 1 clubs) will be better than quite a few of the Div 3 reserves side.

But if they are entering their 2's into the thirds comp for other reasons, then so be it and good luck to them.

They're a good club to play against in terms of sportsmanship etc.

Re: Southern Football League - Division 3 talk only! Part 2

But I think the point he is trying to make, is that a fair few of the thirds teams (especially the teams created from Div 1 clubs) will be better than quite a few of the Div 3 reserves side.

Our Thirds (Chelt) would have beaten quite a few Div 1 reserves teams last year. Good to have Cerberus in the Thirds comp though.

didnt even realise that they had moved from 2s 2 the 3rds. its goin 2 b alot harder 4 them they should of just stayed in the 2s. i would hate to b pleyin 4 them n in the 3rds considerin the 3rds games r at 9:30am. n most of there games r away. wonder how long they will stay in the comp for. another thing i dont get is how can dandenong be aloud 2 have 3rds again afta last yr they pulled out afta there 3rds started fights n the club didnt want them???

didnt even realise that they had moved from 2s 2 the 3rds. its goin 2 b alot harder 4 them they should of just stayed in the 2s. i would hate to b pleyin 4 them n in the 3rds considerin the 3rds games r at 9:30am. n most of there games r away. wonder how long they will stay in the comp for. another thing i dont get is how can dandenong be aloud 2 have 3rds again afta last yr they pulled out afta there 3rds started fights n the club didnt want them???

Mate thats a stupid comment. Last year the thirds had to pulled out and asked to leave the club as the were a specific group of trouble makers only wanting to play thirds football and had no other input to the club. We made the hard call ourselves to kick them out for the better of our club and the competition. This hard line has paid dividends over the summer with our numbers increasing by so much that to give everyone a game of football we need a thirds side. It will be a completely different group of players and I also expect a more disciplined approach on and off the field.

Mate thats a stupid comment. Last year the thirds had to pulled out and asked to leave the club as the were a specific group of trouble makers only wanting to play thirds football and had no other input to the club. We made the hard call ourselves to kick them out for the better of our club and the competition. This hard line has paid dividends over the summer with our numbers increasing by so much that to give everyone a game of football we need a thirds side. It will be a completely different group of players and I also expect a more disciplined approach on and off the field.

Yeah that was a good call made by the Dandenong FC.
The 'trouble makers' that SMUU is referring to were obviously just there to play thirds and make no contribution to the club at all (evident by them leaving the venue straight after the game).
Plus, none of them could handle getting tackled.
Everytime an opposition player tackled them to the ground they would crack the shits and threaten to stab you after the game (which they did to me several times).
Good riddence I say, they were crap Footballers anyways (besides maybe about 2 or 3 of them).

Everytime an opposition player tackled them to the ground they would crack the shits and threaten to stab you after the game (which they did to me several times)

WOW, do i wanna play in this division, i just wanna keep fit and maybe kick goal lol. NOT get stab!!!!!!!

Everytime an opposition player tackled them to the ground they would crack the shits and threaten to stab you after the game (which they did to me several times)

WOW, do i wanna play in this division, i just wanna keep fit and maybe kick goal lol. NOT get stab!!!!!!!

You'll be fine champ. it was a one off situation thats now been addressed. The only stabbing will hopefully be 150 footy's this year right on our Full forwards chest about 25m out from goal!

l wasnt at the game but what happen to dandy yesterday ?l see Moorabbin 44 scoring shots to dandy 14 scoring shots.....

l wasnt at the game but what happen to dandy yesterday ?l see Moorabbin 44 scoring shots to dandy 14 scoring shots.....

It's as simple as a good side played a ordinary one ! Kangas are back in town.

It appears Ed did nothing against his old club.:p

Mount Waverley looked good in the big game against Hampton on the weekend. Got some good new recruits.

I think that they are looking ok but they haven't really played any of the top sides yet. We'll see how they go this week against hampton.
Tips for this week, cerberus, doveton, mount waverley and moorabin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard after the Dandy Verse Doveton game on saturday a player was yellow carded and got rubbed out for a week for saying **** to himself for missing a set shot at goal. What is footy coming to when you cant swear at yourself. Some umpires try and wreck games of footy.

I heard after the Dandy Verse Doveton game on saturday a player was yellow carded and got rubbed out for a week for saying **** to himself for missing a set shot at goal. What is footy coming to when you cant swear at yourself. Some umpires try and wreck games of footy.

one can only hope it was a duvvy boy who got the card

Is it fair to say that Mt.Waverley are 10-15 goals better than the rest of the competition this season?

What's happened to Cerberus? I remeber them being really strong a few years back!
I have noticed that the 3rd Div has lost a number of clubs over the past few years as well, five years ago I think they 12 sides? anyone?

Just curious. Why are there about a billion clearances from Dandy to Southern Dragons?
There not clearences as such. Southern Dragons didn't have a sporting pulse team set up in 09 due to there late entrance, so all there players were actually on dandy's list and they choose there teams etc from our sporting pulse page. They now have one but they had to be cleared from our list to there new list. Basicly we helped them out.

I love all the weak people who sit online and pick on other teams, seriously i bet most of you dont even play footy. Grows some balls and say where your from. Instead of hiding behind your computer screens like little nerds.:thumbsu:

and who may you be ??????? and where are you from ????? myself i am from planet earth so does that mean i am not weak YOUR A STUPID MAN MR BURKE

Was up at Springy's ground last night for Dandy and the three headed dogs. The lights looks sensastional. Has there ever been any thought about playing night finals? Could it be a winner?

I watched the Sandown v Dandy game and Dandy looked the goods for three quarters to win the game, any thoughts??? Are they contenders for finals???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back