Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartbreaking is an understatement. Played very poorly for 3 quarters and still should have won. Really disappointing to be out as big things were expected. Arent Clayton a lovely club though...in a word FERAL!!
Clayton are just a finals side IMO

every year people write them off and every year they come good at Springvale. yes bunch of ferals, always leave laughing from Clayton after that guy gets up and talks about the scores. gold!

Should be a great match on Sunday between St Pauls and St Kilda, sill be a great show case for the league with the 2 best teams of the year up against each other.

Should be a great match on Sunday between St Pauls and St Kilda, sill be a great show case for the league with the 2 best teams of the year up against each other.

1v2 is the 2 best teams up against each other? Wow chaddles, thanks for that amazing piece of insight. Did it take you all week to come up with that wonderful piece of information? That is all.

1v2 is the 2 best teams up against each other? Wow chaddles, thanks for that amazing piece of insight. Did it take you all week to come up with that wonderful piece of information? That is all.

Chaddles is a goose who has been arguing his own worth as a footballer to everyone on mulitple forums. His most previous post is testament to his knowledge of football and his intellect as a human. Country NSW boy if im not mistaken, and an average footballer from all reports.

Mmmm, interesting point. Maybe I should expand out my comments for simple minds like yourself- these two teams have the best lists by far in the comp, was hoping to get some comments on who will win and why- moron!

Chaddles is a goose who has been arguing his own worth as a footballer to everyone on mulitple forums. His most previous post is testament to his knowledge of football and his intellect as a human. Country NSW boy if im not mistaken, and an average footballer from all reports.

Wow, you really struggle to read don't you!! Your obviously one of those blokes who has the password to the Big Brad scared boys club account!!!Have a look at the thread:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357101&page=12

If you can comprehend a couple of passages of writing you will be doing well- never gave myself a wrap at all, and I believe multiple means more than one. I should slow down for you shouldn't I!

No need to respond in great detail to a Braddy Fittler like yourself....

Did you guys discuss this before you had a shower together??

Cheltenham F.C Colts are playing in the MPNFL Grand Final on Saturday. If anyone is interested, get down and support the boys and lets hope they can do the SFL proud!!

Details are as follows.......

Saturday 8th September 10am start vs Narre Warren at Lloyd Park, Langwarrin (Melways 103, J3)

Go Rosellas!!

The benchy write up is back due to popular demand... Well ok, 1 person asked, but that's good enough.

This weeks div 3 clash is between a young, explosive and very fit Mt Waverley outfit, and a bigger bodied, skilled and experienced Canterbury team.

Both teams have a lot of goal options up forward, with MW having Kirkup (40), Wills (32), Gallagher (27) and even Jeffries (19) from midfield and Canterbury having just as many with Baker (45), Johnstone (36), Beardall (31) and the big guy Jenkins (16) often drifting down. With so many scoring options for both sides, I expect a very high scoring game this week.

The midfield will be an interesting match up. I'm fairly sure Costantino will get a tagging role on Pearce, which will be disappointing as I believe he is a much needed player on a positive side for them. I have no doubt that Wilkin will dominate the ruck, but with Costantino tagging, who is he rucking to? Price will get dominated by Tsetsenekos, which could be a key match up for the day. Carrol in the midfield will probably dominate Gallagher or Cafiso, whoever gets the job.

In conclusion, I think the cobras will dominate the midfield even with losing the ruck contests. However, I think they will be out run by the lions, and I expect cobras to be in front for the first half, maybe still just in front at orange time, but the lions will bring home the bacon for a 2-3 goal win in the end. Just too quick, too fit, they will love the open spaces on the bigger ground, and too many forward options for the lacking cobra defensive line.

The benchy write up is back due to popular demand... Well ok, 1 person asked, but that's good enough.

This weeks div 3 clash is between a young, explosive and very fit Mt Waverley outfit, and a bigger bodied, skilled and experienced Canterbury team.

Both teams have a lot of goal options up forward, with MW having Kirkup (40), Wills (32), Gallagher (27) and even Jeffries (19) from midfield and Canterbury having just as many with Baker (45), Johnstone (36), Beardall (31) and the big guy Jenkins (16) often drifting down. With so many scoring options for both sides, I expect a very high scoring game this week.

The midfield will be an interesting match up. I'm fairly sure Costantino will get a tagging role on Pearce, which will be disappointing as I believe he is a much needed player on a positive side for them. I have no doubt that Wilkin will dominate the ruck, but with Costantino tagging, who is he rucking to? Price will get dominated by Tsetsenekos, which could be a key match up for the day. Carrol in the midfield will probably dominate Gallagher or Cafiso, whoever gets the job.

In conclusion, I think the cobras will dominate the midfield even with losing the ruck contests. However, I think they will be out run by the lions, and I expect cobras to be in front for the first half, maybe still just in front at orange time, but the lions will bring home the bacon for a 2-3 goal win in the end. Just too quick, too fit, they will love the open spaces on the bigger ground, and too many forward options for the lacking cobra defensive line.

What were your thoughts of the game benchy? Black rock happy to be playing canterbury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What were your thoughts of the game benchy? Black rock happy to be playing canterbury?

I would think BR would be extremely happy. I couldn't have been more wrong in my write up though, not only did MW dominate the ruck, but I think Canterbury may have had about 3 center clearances for the day.

First quarter cobras with a 2 goal wind at their back tried 1 loose down back, either to nullify kirkup or to leave more space for Baker. MW countered that by moving their lose one forward forcing him to man up. Didn't really work for either side, with the quarter about even. However cobras lost their spearhead forward for the match with a shoulder injury. Let's hope he pulls up for next week.

Second quarter, cobras still playing 1 loose down back but this time MW leave it be and play 1 lose themselves which probably worked to their advantage. But after dominating the quarter, couldn't kick straight and ended up still just 1 pt ahead at the break.

Third quarter saw cobras still trying 1 loose, even with MW getting a lot of drive from their lose player. MW dominating in the midfield by this point, but struggling into the wind. Still manage to outscore their opponents even though they can't kick anything other than behinds. Cobras lose another forward, this time to a knee injury.

Last quarter and cobras finally giving up on the loose man tactic. Probably cos they need goals. This opens the forward line up a bit for MW and they start to take some grabs inside 50 and blow the cobras out of the water. Controversial with a great goal from Cobras #2 from the boundary sailing straight through the middle, but given a behind by the goal ump who was over near the points helping the boundary ump out.

Best on for cobras probably Johnstone with 3 goals and a lot of the ball at CHF, gave Mennan a bit of a towelling. Also Tate when he went into the middle was good.

Best for the lions probably Price in the middle, got about 75% of the clearances for the day, and Pearce down back cutting off a lot of goals but probably easy when you are the loose player.

I would think BR would be extremely happy. I couldn't have been more wrong in my write up though, not only did MW dominate the ruck, but I think Canterbury may have had about 3 center clearances for the day.

First quarter cobras with a 2 goal wind at their back tried 1 loose down back, either to nullify kirkup or to leave more space for Baker. MW countered that by moving their lose one forward forcing him to man up. Didn't really work for either side, with the quarter about even. However cobras lost their spearhead forward for the match with a shoulder injury. Let's hope he pulls up for next week.

Second quarter, cobras still playing 1 loose down back but this time MW leave it be and play 1 lose themselves which probably worked to their advantage. But after dominating the quarter, couldn't kick straight and ended up still just 1 pt ahead at the break.

Third quarter saw cobras still trying 1 loose, even with MW getting a lot of drive from their lose player. MW dominating in the midfield by this point, but struggling into the wind. Still manage to outscore their opponents even though they can't kick anything other than behinds. Cobras lose another forward, this time to a knee injury.

Last quarter and cobras finally giving up on the loose man tactic. Probably cos they need goals. This opens the forward line up a bit for MW and they start to take some grabs inside 50 and blow the cobras out of the water. Controversial with a great goal from Cobras #2 from the boundary sailing straight through the middle, but given a behind by the goal ump who was over near the points helping the boundary ump out.

Best on for cobras probably Johnstone with 3 goals and a lot of the ball at CHF, gave Mennan a bit of a towelling. Also Tate when he went into the middle was good.

Best for the lions probably Price in the middle, got about 75% of the clearances for the day, and Pearce down back cutting off a lot of goals but probably easy when you are the loose player.
Great summation Benchy,you forgot to mention we lost Kirkup end of first quarter, i know you don't rate him but he has kicked 40 goals this year,it just goes to show we don't rely on the one person to kick goals.That Is All

Great summation Benchy,you forgot to mention we lost Kirkup end of first quarter, i know you don't rate him but he has kicked 40 goals this year,it just goes to show we don't rely on the one person to kick goals.That Is All

Pretty sure I said in another thread that he wouldn't kick more than 1 goal, and what do you know. 1 single solitary cheap goal for the show boat. I think Old man Price owes me some hair dye, not that there is anything left to use it on.

Pretty sure I said in another thread that he wouldn't kick more than 1 goal, and what do you know. 1 single solitary cheap goal for the show boat. I think Old man Price owes me some hair dye, not that there is anything left to use it on.
Pretty harsh. Kirkup smashed his shoulder in the first quarter (in a great courageous effort I must add. Set the agenda for the rest of the team) and spent most of the game on the bench. Couldn't lift his arm above his head. Hopefully he pulls up alright.

I'm not sure price can afford to off load any of his hair dye. He needs as much as he can get.:D

If baker didnt do his shoulder and jenko wasnt limping and playing on one leg for the whole game i reckon i would have been alot closer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back