Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will probably end up at mount that's the whisper(vuong) he left cause of (24).I think he would go well in 2nd divi similar in style to chiev from springy but way better overhead and little bit taller;but im really not surprised he left the cobras after that big mouth(24) from the cobras got into him one game i watched.
Voung would be handy at Mount,i know the coach rates him highly was hard to match up on.Whats your source of info Tadmorose .

Is there a worse suburban football internet site than the SFL?

It's rarely updated. Any news on it is usually a couple of weeks late. It's low quality. No forum of its own.

I thought the SFL has been talking about being a more professional entity. Is that based on the league running itself in a more professional way, or is it about people justifying sticking their heads deeper in a dwindling pig's trough.:confused:

When you weigh everything up though pining, it isnt really any different from the mpnfl website, the only difference is argy bargy!!!

It could be improved though, but its not an necessity, during the footy season its updated regulary including things like match predictions and match reports plus sfl upires votes, i dont think the mpnfl website has thoughs things!!

really the only difference is Argy Bargy

Is there a worse suburban football internet site than the SFL?

It's rarely updated. Any news on it is usually a couple of weeks late. It's low quality. No forum of its own.

I thought the SFL has been talking about being a more professional entity. Is that based on the league running itself in a more professional way, or is it about people justifying sticking their heads deeper in a dwindling pig's trough.:confused:

I am somewhat in agreement, however the only way you will get any action is by getting on the website(ironically) and giving feedback on your views to the SFL administration.I think the SFL should put up the "Under New Management" sign and revamp the whole website.Also getting rid of the horrible green colour association with the SFL would be a good start.

The green "clash jumpers" they use in some games are horrendous and the rep jumpers could use a revamp.

Having said that, I think people should be a little patient as the board and new CEO have only be in a short while and should be given a fair chance.The quality of people now involved in the SFL administration(actual doers) makes me very confident that the future of the SFL is in good hands.

EFL have the best website of any of the comps. Updated almost daily, weekly polls, forum and a sharp look. Is it any wonder they also have a great reputation, obviously well run and a proffessional outfit. Perhaps the SFL could look into trying to emulate some of the Easterns procedures! I must admit I'm in the office most of the day, and therefore regularly check all footy websites and it is rare that anything of any significance is posted on the SFL website! Lift your game SFL...

Come on Sc Coach log on and tell us whats really going on at cobraland.
Is it true your thinking of resigning?
How have you gone with recruits i've seen none so far?
Why havent you rid off no(24) he will destroy your club; in saying that though the committee should of got rid of him it should'nt of been left you.
Wooden spoon favourites;it going to be hard avoiding that;how come no Nth kew players have followed you?Your assistant signed at Nth Ringwood this week which was the worst possible news.
Your best up and coming player going to another club(Vuong)
Can you shed some light with us;i would really like to no.
TADPOLE why don't you stop this crap on SC,you obviously have a bee in your bonnet or something,or where you sacked last year or you couldn't get a game in a bottom side.Give Mick a chance get off his back PUNK:(

With most Div 1 clubs returning to training on Monday it will be interesting to see who is training where. There are sure to be a few surprises, and may give us a better idea as to who is actually going to be any good this year!! Cant wait for Round one to roll around

Come on Sc Coach log on and tell us whats really going on at cobraland.
Is it true your thinking of resigning?
How have you gone with recruits i've seen none so far?
Why havent you rid off no(24) he will destroy your club; in saying that though the committee should of got rid of him it should'nt of been left you.
Wooden spoon favourites;it going to be hard avoiding that;how come no Nth kew players have followed you?Your assistant signed at Nth Ringwood this week which was the worst possible news.
Your best up and coming player going to another club(Vuong)
Can you shed some light with us;i would really like to no.

It would be a huge shame if Mick resigned (that's Allen, not Rossburrah) as he has had a good track record in the past of getting relatively unsuccessful teams to be competitive the following year. The cobra cause won't be helped by the fact they are now training at the police paddocks in Nth Dandy so numbers at training will probably suffer now and getting recruits will be even tougher. As was stated on a previous post, it would be a shame if the cobras did fold as the comp can't afford to lose clubs.

If all that is being said about 24 is true and he is abusing his own players, he will not make it through pre season and he will be looking for another club. All players who play under Mick play only for the jumper, no money, and he won't put up with somebody being abused as he is playing for the love of the club only.

When you weigh everything up though pining, it isnt really any different from the mpnfl website, the only difference is argy bargy!!!

It could be improved though, but its not an necessity, during the footy season its updated regulary including things like match predictions and match reports plus sfl upires votes, i dont think the mpnfl website has thoughs things!!

really the only difference is Argy Bargy

MM,
Argy is a fair difference. One of the better set up forums going around, although I don't understand the administators fear of the SFL being mentioned on there.
Other points:
The site is regularly updated with information.
The history of finals winners and losers.
The years (and previous years) fixtures and results.
The club are listing jumpers.....come to think of it, The club area.
Photos.
News.
Footy Record.
The Tips

It COULD be even better, but it's not real bad as is.

The last time they updated the SFL was when they moved the font from Latin to English.

MM,
Argy is a fair difference. One of the better set up forums going around, although I don't understand the administators fear of the SFL being mentioned on there.
Other points:
The site is regularly updated with information.
The history of finals winners and losers.
The years (and previous years) fixtures and results.
The club are listing jumpers.....come to think of it, The club area.
Photos.
News.
Footy Record.
The Tips

It COULD be even better, but it's not real bad as is.

The last time they updated the SFL was when they moved the font from Latin to English.

Yeah fair enough Big fella, but during the actual footy season I think the SFL website does have some good things to read!! But your right it could be improved!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your a stupid fool i talk about everyone; go back through my posts and you will see i talk about football in general from division
1-3 ******** breath get your facts right;your a loser ya ***;the cobras have been on everyones topic so to just point me out goes to show how much notice you have been taking;im actually a reporter for the league f##k;i;ve never been involved with any southern football team.I dont make up bull5hit rumors up like you;when people see you post they will ignore it cause your full of 5hit.

So your a reporter for the league Tad?? I'd like to read your stuff, where or how do you actually report for the league? have you got a column somewhere or something??

I'm not being sarcastic I am actually interested!!

are you one of the people who right the match day predictions or maybe something in the record??

So your a reporter for the league Tad?? I'd like to read your stuff, where or how do you actually report for the league? have you got a column somewhere or something??

I'm not being sarcastic I am actually interested!!

are you one of the people who right the match day predictions or maybe something in the record??

The Southern Record and the radio station 88.3 southern FM sunday 11am till noon

Heard today that Vuong from cobras has left and his looking for a new club what a good pick up this player would be for any 3rd or 2nd division club.

Nevermore, you are correct. A friend of mine who knows Huey from Cobras says there is a team starting up in the ammos who will be predominantly Asian. Vuong is a certain starter as well as about 3 others who played in the Cobras twos last year. It will be in the club 18 and based in Box Hill. Apparantly, there was a bit of a culture down at the cobras they did not enjoy. I am unsure as to what the exact circumstances are, but they are very happy to be leaving.

Mick, please shed some light as to what is happening down there. Vuong will be a huge loss if all reports are true.

whos the cobras assistant coach-capaint now,i dont think any of them mongrels could step up to the plate,smart move by him to leave.He was probably the best captain i played against besides ando from black rock.

Just gave me a wrap on the radio and interviewed me in front of my team mates. We all know that the guys don't stay quiet during that. Good to see you guys actually sign Beanstead during the week, May well be in his 30's but a great player.

Yeah fair enough Big fella, but during the actual footy season I think the SFL website does have some good things to read!! But your right it could be improved!!

"Some" is an accurate word. It's not only the SFL. Mordy's site still has them looking towards the 2006 season (wish I could get a bet on for where they will finish). The clubs showing an interest would be good.

My problem is the SFL want to improve. As my mum used to say "God helps he who helps himself".......then again, she used to also say "but God help him CAUGHT helping himself"...............then again she used to blame my missing socks on the leprechaun down the back of the garden, so there goes getting any sense out of her!

The best captain that stands out for me would be........ The bloke from Mt waverly!!

The best opponet that stands out for me is Robbie mackwell, I played ruck for Skye that day and he played ruck rover, it was a great contest, plenty of verbal jabs during the day and no hard feelings afterwards, plus the fact that he is a gun player!!

Is he playing this year Brainstorm??

Nevermore, you are correct. A friend of mine who knows Huey from Cobras says there is a team starting up in the ammos who will be predominantly Asian. Vuong is a certain starter as well as about 3 others who played in the Cobras twos last year. It will be in the club 18 and based in Box Hill. Apparantly, there was a bit of a culture down at the cobras they did not enjoy. I am unsure as to what the exact circumstances are, but they are very happy to be leaving.

Mick, please shed some light as to what is happening down there. Vuong will be a huge loss if all reports are true.
Dont know this for certain , but there are two possibilities. Box HIll Nth in D4 have a large Asian polulation and just missed promotion last year- they do a lot of work with football in Japan-
There is one new side starting in clubbies" i think" - St Francis Xavier- but not sure why they would be predominantly asian- it is a catholic college, so this would be unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back