Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel sorry those kids. Let them enjoy their junior footy while they can and just don’t play a ressies team. Ffs exposing kids to belting’s every week will just turn them off, as we constantly see from some TSL sides.
It's really not good, but I hope like with Claremont they can stick it out and remain around the club.

Yeah it's not been good I have been talking to some people there and they weren't very happy that with the state of the club at the moment, a couple re baffled as to how this has happened to them.
They were falling apart before covid happened, but then when COVID happened the Oatlands league got shut down for the year and everybody came from Bothwell & Campania, but now that league is back up and running again they’ve all gone back. Few ex players said they could possibly be like Hobart in 2 years in time with one team, even next year.

They were falling apart before covid happened, but then when COVID happened the Oatlands league got shut down for the year and everybody came from Bothwell & Campania, but now that league is back up and running again they’ve all gone back. Few ex players said they could possibly be like Hobart in 2 years in time with one team, even next year.
Yeah I had seen a lot of the guys head back to the ODFA, a few blokes up that way were confident they'd stick around as they loved the club.

I was just surprised a few others up and left the club, like Cody Morgan.

I noticed recently Torne Tangata is now playing in WA.

Yeah I had seen a lot of the guys head back to the ODFA, a few blokes up that way were confident they'd stick around as they loved the club.

I was just surprised a few others up and left the club, like Cody Morgan.

I noticed recently Torne Tangata is now playing in WA.
Yeah torne moved over their to live with jye county, now jye is at Claremont and torne stayed over there to complete his apprenticeship and still playing at Kalgoorlie

Yeah torne moved over their to live with jye county, now jye is at Claremont and torne stayed over there to complete his apprenticeship and still playing at Kalgoorlie
Ah makes sense. Though I don't think he's at the same club as Jye played for, as the photos that popped up of him were in a black and white jumper. Hopefully he does well over there.

It must be weird for him having Jye come back to Tassie when he was going to live with him but all the best to him anyway. When I was doing photos for New Norfolk he was always good to me, so I wish him all the best.

NN have apparently been struggling for numbers on & off for a few years now, just recently become a bigger problem.
Went to watch the reserves game on the way home the other night up at the TCA, not bad under lights, good turnout for a 2s game!
Pretty good contest in the first half but Port's fitness took over in the second half and they won pretty easily as ya'd expect.
Seemed to be more people there supporting the Tiges than at any of their seniors games I turned up to last season. Interesting.
Huonville gave the reigning premiers a fair belting in the end. Are the Lions that good or are the Farne not as good as they were?
No Colts and pretty ordinary twos side at Lindisfarne this year? Future problems if they don't get the chequebook out?
Brighton talked themselves up and got beaten at Dodges.
Sharks tough to beat at their ground, Robins should still have a good season though.

NB The Majestic - I dont think that Dodges ressies score is right, was something like 110-16 I think.

NN have apparently been struggling for numbers on & off for a few years now, just recently become a bigger problem.
Went to watch the reserves game on the way home the other night up at the TCA, not bad under lights, good turnout for a 2s game!
Pretty good contest in the first half but Port's fitness took over in the second half and they won pretty easily as ya'd expect.
Seemed to be more people there supporting the Tiges than at any of their seniors games I turned up to last season. Interesting.
Huonville gave the reigning premiers a fair belting in the end. Are the Lions that good or are the Farne not as good as they were?
No Colts and pretty ordinary twos side at Lindisfarne this year? Future problems if they don't get the chequebook out?
Brighton talked themselves up and got beaten at Dodges.
Sharks tough to beat at their ground, Robins should still have a good season though.

NB The Majestic - I dont think that Dodges ressies score is right, was something like 110-16 I think.
I think there were like 400 odd up at the TCA Ground, I saw some photos that got put up on Facebook and seemed decent for a ressies game.

I am planning to go to the New Norfolk/Brighton game, keen to see how that goes. I would like to see Brighton do well this season.

I think you’ll find the Colts have a bye now, Maj - and the women’s game v Uni at 10am will precede the reserves game v Hobart at 12pm at Abbotsfield Park.
Yeah sorry I meant the reserves. I’ve no idea why I thought it was colts. Must’ve been my brain thinking about foot games 🙈

I’m hoping the rain stays away I want to check out the women’s game.

IMG_3114.png The SFL have also decided to change the way scores are posted onto their page. They’ve asked me to do post it in this format. So when you’re looking for scores this is how they’re done this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed that 🙈

Not the best way to do it as comments get all out of line unless you block others from commenting somehow.
I’m not a fan of it, o think it also makes it harder for people to know the scores throughout the game too.

Not to mention the fake profiles on the SFL pages now.

Watch “live” Aghh
Yeah they’ve been annoying me. I’ve been banning them as fast as I’ve seen them but they’re adding more so fast. 🙈😬

🎽 SFL Seniors – Round 2.
Dodges Ferry 12.10 (82) d Lindisfarne 10.15 (75)
Brighton 24.16 (160) d New Norfolk 9.7 (61)
Cygnet 22.17 (149) d Sorell 4.5 (29)
Bye: Claremont & Huonville Lions.
❇ DF (8), CY (4), CM (4), HV (4), BR (4) | LF (0), NN (0), SO (0)

🎽 SFL Reserves – Round 2
Dodges Ferry 14.6 (90) d Lindisfarne 5.7 (37)
Brighton 16.13 (109) d New Norfolk 4.3 (27)
Cygnet 8.10 (58) d Sorell 6.4 (40)
Claremont 12.10 (82) d Hobart 2.7 (19)
Bye: Huonville Lions.
❇ CM (8), DF (8), CY (8), HV (4), BR (4) | SO (0), LF (0), NN (0), HB (0)

🎽 SFL Colts – Round 2.
Dodges Ferry 9.13 (67) d Lindisfarne 3.7 (25)
Brighton 26.15 (171) d New Norfolk 1.0 (6)
Bye: Claremont, Huonville Lions & Southern Storm.
❇ BR (6), DF (6), CM (4), LF (0), NN (0) | HV (0), SS (0)

I am looking forward to heading out to Pontville for the Brighton/Claremont game, would be very interesting to see how both go.

Josh Grant will be back at Claremont for one game this weekend.

I am looking forward to heading out to Pontville for the Brighton/Claremont game, would be very interesting to see how both go.

Josh Grant will be back at Claremont for one game this weekend.

Brightons heritage game too, called mangalore for the game and wearing a mangalore strip. Talking to my Claremont mate they are hoping to spoil the party

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brightons heritage game too, called mangalore for the game and wearing a mangalore strip. Talking to my Claremont mate they are hoping to spoil the party

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So when I am doing the scores I should post Mangalore? Just want to make sure I get it right on the SFL page.

🎽 SFL Seniors – Round 3.
Huonville Lions 11.15 (81) d Sorell 7.14 (56)
Brighton 12.12 (84) d Claremont 5.8 (38)
Cygnet 11.15 (81) d Lindisfarne 5.9 (39)
Bye: Dodges Ferry & New Norfolk.
❇ CY (8), BR (8), HV (8), DF (8), CM (4) | LF (0), SO (0), NN (0)

🎽 SFL Reserves – Round 3.
Dodges Ferry 12.11 (83) d Hobart 10.2 (62)
Huonville Lions 9.8 (62) d Sorell 8.5 (53)
Brighton 13.11 (89) d Claremont 1.6 (12)
Lindisfarne 9.13 (67) d Cygnet 5.7 (37)
Bye: New Norfolk.
❇ DF (12), CY (8), CM (8), BR (8), HV (8) | LF (4), SO (0), HB (0), NN (0)

🎽 SFL Colts – Round 3.
Brighton 8.9 (57) d Claremont 2.8 (20)
Southern Storm 11.7 (73) d Lindisfarne 10.8 (68)
Bye: Dodges Ferry, Huonville Lions & New Norfolk.
❇ BR (10), DF (6), SS (4), CM (4) | LF (0), NN (0) | HV (0)

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back