Southern Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May as well get the ball rolling.. Glad Clarence and Glenorchy have both knocked back the Wadewide Leauge bid.. About time Clarence have done something good.. Still disgusted with their efforts after last years grand final when they didn't even stay on the ground for presentations.. I'm sure Glenorchy would have shown a certain grace if they were to lose..

Anyone know if Glenorchy attended the video conference the other night?

For once I feel a tiny bit (yes, a very tiny bit) sorry for Wade. He is clearly getting pressure from the government to implement the SWL in 2009 to aid our AFL team business case.

Here's a topic for discussion. North Hobart, look the goods!! Are they contenders or pretenders??

• Banned
Contenders. No doubt. Better than Glenorchy at the moment. Their next game will be a beaut.

Gee some great talent on show today in the u19's Lauderdale v Clarence.

A good rivalry between these two clubs brewing.

Spitting at an umpire wtf :eek:

I think thats one off the worst things that can happen on the footy field, this is a serious matter, i would hope that the New Norfolk footy club act accordingly and impose some sort of punishment, think it deserves at least 10 weeks plus at the tribunail, I dont care about about details, but if found guilty throw the book at him, In this day and age, its harder and harder to attact young umpires, we need to assist and support them. What a dirty act............

I think thats one off the worst things that can happen on the footy field, this is a serious matter, i would hope that the New Norfolk footy club act accordingly and impose some sort of punishment, think it deserves at least 10 weeks plus at the tribunail, I dont care about about details, but if found guilty throw the book at him, In this day and age, its harder and harder to attact young umpires, we need to assist and support them. What a dirty act............

is this the midget bloke from new norfolk?

Abusing umps not on.

Speaking of abusing umpires. I reckon Brighton gave a away a half dozen 50m penalties for abuse.

Ok fair enough to be frustrated but its just not on boys.

Grow up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think has changed from last year, when they appeared to have a better list??

Better list? not too sure about that. glenorchy had a pretty tip top list last year!
in saying that. demons and the pies appear to be a fair bit infront of the rest of the comp.
should be a very interesting game next weekend at KGV!

any early thoughts?? predictions?

Better list? not too sure about that. glenorchy had a pretty tip top list last year!
in saying that. demons and the pies appear to be a fair bit infront of the rest of the comp.
should be a very interesting game next weekend at KGV!

any early thoughts?? predictions?

Sorry, i was a bit misleading there. I meant North Hobart 07 list looked better then North Hobart 08 list.

Sorry, i was a bit misleading there. I meant North Hobart 07 list looked better then North Hobart 08 list.

reading again. does make sense :thumbsu:

You'd think last year hurt north, maybe a year on they've learnt their lesson?

reading again. does make sense :thumbsu:

You'd think last year hurt north, maybe a year on they've learnt their lesson?

Well, they seem to be playing better footy then this time last year. Is it a coaching thing, or just having the extra experience together as a team??

While both Williams and Bolton are both great footballing minds, I think they may have been a bit past their use by date and Bolton is definately not the biggest team player I have witnessed.. This years group is possibly alot more well gelled together and going on the efforts of their 2's in the past 2 years I'd say there is a bit of depth there.. Not to mention a talented bunch of 18-20 year olds coming up through the ranks.. Although you may be right in saying last years list may have looked alot better.. This year it is more of a team..

But in saying all that.. It's purely my opinion of the side and I may just be talking an entire bunch of shit..

Regional v Premier

Ya know I reckon Regional footy is such a better comp in terms of punter enjoyment.

For me it's better to film as more games are closer as a contest, it has a community spirit, people engage with the game being played, the standard of play is very good.

With Statewide happening in 2010 ( a bold but true statement) you top it up with Kingborough,Brighton & Hobart and bang what a great comp.

Tipping Channel go to the OSFA making it a 12 team comp with a top 8.

have you spoke to any one at Channel about that Duff ? I dont think they are keen on that idea .Have you heard different.

have you spoke to any one at Channel about that Duff ? I dont think they are keen on that idea .Have you heard different.

No I haven't spoken to anyone at Channel. Just good bar talk.

I do a bit of that. 80% good stuff 20% total crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back