Southern Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yesterday I saw Brighton play their best football I can remember since joining the Premier League.

They were woeful till QTR time and then showed some real ticker and matched with the Eagles who were though a bit wasteful in front of goals.

But it just goes to show that with a Tim Plumber playing and maybe 4-5 better players then suddenly they would be competitive.

Well done boys, you have slogged it out for sometime and I just hope your club gets behind you and recruits another batch of quality players so the senior team finally starts winning games.

Bring on the 17's and 19's.

Well yesterday I saw Brighton play their best football I can remember since joining the Premier League.

They were woeful till QTR time and then showed some real ticker and matched with the Eagles who were though a bit wasteful in front of goals.

But it just goes to show that with a Tim Plumber playing and maybe 4-5 better players then suddenly they would be competitive.

Well done boys, you have slogged it out for sometime and I just hope your club gets behind you and recruits another batch of quality players so the senior team finally starts winning games.

The Devils don't know yet (well, i guess they will now), but Simon Plummer will be moving back to Qld next year despite being in a 2y Devils contract, so I would imagine his brother would go back with him

whats happened to pud darcy lately anyone know??? im from the north and am used to readin about him kicking tones of goals 4 years now but he hasnt seemed to be kicking many????

He had played the majority of the year up the ground. CHF or on the ball helping his young side out. A pretty good move i think on his part. Could have sat in the square all year but decided to sacrifice himself for the team.

What a load of shite Duff..... they lost by 6 goals!!! And to a New Norfolk side which is an absolute rabble and down on their knees.

For a bloke who is at so much footy, you must spend a fair bit of time with your back to the play in the canteen line or something.

When talking about their best result (few and far between as they have been) how about running a top of the table Glenorchy side to a draw (or was it a one point result?) at Pontville last year or the year before??

And calling on them to recruit "another batch of quality players"?? When was the first batch old boy?? Hope your not including any of the greedy mercenaries of recent times amongst that lot!

And in the very next sentence calling for them to bring on the 17's and 19's? Which one is it to be Duff?

Duff - print this out and stick it to the top of your monitor.

" I must not post on Big Footy unless it is well-considered and intelligent comment or if I do I run the risk of damaging my football credibility further"

He had played the majority of the year up the ground. CHF or on the ball helping his young side out. A pretty good move i think on his part. Could have sat in the square all year but decided to sacrifice himself for the team.
how has the big man been going?? i went and watched a game a few years ago and he kicked 16 and ever since then ive always looked out 4 him in the paper to see how hes going, great mark!!!

When talking about their best result (few and far between as they have been) how about running a top of the table Glenorchy side to a draw (or was it a one point result?) at Pontville last year or the year before??

One point win to Glenorchy that result was, low scoring game last year it was.

Up yours Flood.

Things can turn around very quickly for any team. Look at Lindisfarne.

Add 6 players as good as Joker, Salter (if they played him where he is suppose to be) and Martin who I think is one of the few good ruckman around then they would have a reasonable side.

You wern't at the game and all I was saying was one of the few times in the 5 years (20 odd games) I have filmed them that they moved the ball well and look OK.

As for the 17's and 19's all I was saying was next year bring them in and play them. Is that bad practice as well as getting a few more quality players?

True New Norfolk are a bit off being a shade of 2005.

Im with you there duff, add 5 decent senior players and they would be a lot more competitive.
but they have gone backwards a long way since last year. a long way. lost by 200+ a few times. mutliple times over 100.

Now... willy leitch... whos going to win? any early predictions????

Im with you there duff, add 5 decent senior players and they would be a lot more competitive.
but they have gone backwards a long way since last year. a long way. lost by 200+ a few times. mutliple times over 100.

Now... willy leitch... whos going to win? any early predictions????
westfield/clarence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the games I have seen Baker from Clarence has been very good.

Poppa piuselli?? has missed a few but rarely doesnt get a mention.
same can be said about kenny hall!

how have the seasons of china paine, carvs, barwick and a few others gone? any of them realistic chances?

Up yours Flood.

Things can turn around very quickly for any team. Look at Lindisfarne.

Add 6 players as good as Joker, Salter (if they played him where he is suppose to be) and Martin who I think is one of the few good ruckman around then they would have a reasonable side.

You wern't at the game and all I was saying was one of the few times in the 5 years (20 odd games) I have filmed them that they moved the ball well and look OK.

As for the 17's and 19's all I was saying was next year bring them in and play them. Is that bad practice as well as getting a few more quality players?

True New Norfolk are a bit off being a shade of 2005.

How do you know that I wasn't at the game Duff?

Don't you think that they have been promoting the best of their Under 17's and 19's for years you clown?

Do you even know any of their players other than the ones with a profile that have come from elsewhere chasing money?

They have always had a strong Junior Club of recent times and have brought on the best of what they've got!!

More tripe from you Duff..... admit it.... you know jack squat about the game you dearly love.... and you get on here professing to be an authority and typing crap.

Re: Tied SFL Premier League Grand Final

I have heard that AFL Tas has recently canvassed the clubs as to their preferred option in the event that the SFL Premier League Grand Final ends in a tie.

AFL Tas are suggesting that the time honoured "Replay" (which is currently written into the SFL Rules and Reg.'s) be scrapped and replaced by a period of extra time at the conclusion of the game.

Essentially, they are trying to make provision to protect the proposed State Grand Final which has been scheduled for the weekend following the SFL and NTFL Grand Finals.

What are the punters thoughts on this one?

I understand the reasons behind AFL Tas' suggestion but personally I am totally opposed to the "extra time" option.

Replay is tradition. why mess with it!

Leave it as it is, as they should with rushed behinds and everything else that has been around for years and years!!

what is the go with the state grand final? is it going ahead? what sort of incentive is there for the winner of either comp to back up after their regional final series???

Re: Tied SFL Premier League Grand Final

I have heard that AFL Tas has recently canvassed the clubs as to their preferred option in the event that the SFL Premier League Grand Final ends in a tie.

AFL Tas are suggesting that the time honoured "Replay" (which is currently written into the SFL Rules and Reg.'s) be scrapped and replaced by a period of extra time at the conclusion of the game.

Essentially, they are trying to make provision to protect the proposed State Grand Final which has been scheduled for the weekend following the SFL and NTFL Grand Finals.

What are the punters thoughts on this one?

I understand the reasons behind AFL Tas' suggestion but personally I am totally opposed to the "extra time" option.

I heard off the grapevine that the State Final would be played on Sunday 21 September, day after the NTFA Div 1 Final.
Why don't they consider "hypothecially" pushing things back a week to Sunday 28 September if either the SFL or NTFL final is needing a replay?

Then again that's called common sense...which is lacking in spades at the moment...:rolleyes:

How do you know that I wasn't at the game Duff?

Don't you think that they have been promoting the best of their Under 17's and 19's for years you clown?

Do you even know any of their players other than the ones with a profile that have come from elsewhere chasing money?

They have always had a strong Junior Club of recent times and have brought on the best of what they've got!!

More tripe from you Duff..... admit it.... you know jack squat about the game you dearly love.... and you get on here professing to be an authority and typing crap.

I can be a keyboard ninja too - but I consider myself to be more mature than that - I don't have to resort to petty insults to get my point across.

Do you post anything that doesn't attack someone, or is this your version of fun?

As far as your points go, it's you, and not Duff who is flawed.

Add some good young players on top of what they've got now (only 3-4 from the underage ranks who you'd even consider to play seniors) as well as a few experienced types and Brighton would be thereabouts in the league.

And to say they've got a strong Junior Club - surely you're having a laugh?

They're alright at 13's and 14's level, but nothing exceptional, and their 15's team is only half decent (5th) because they have 3 players of very good quality - they drop off markedly after that.

Their 17's team is there abouts, but other clubs teams are awful. Fitz and Dilger are the only two from that side I'd even consider as great players, or guys who could jump into seniors within the next year or so - they've got some work to do. They relya huge amount on the bigger bodied boys from the U/19's dropping back and playing 17's.

19's, not sure if they'll make finals or not - will be close to it, but I expect they might just miss out.

A. Wilson (Snowy), Dean Wall and Fitz are their three marquee players but they drop off markedly after that.

Not such a strong junior club after all. Lauderdale has a strong junior club, Brighton does not.

Think before you post Flood, especially if you're going to un-necessarily stir the pot.

I can be a keyboard ninja too - but I consider myself to be more mature than that - I don't have to resort to petty insults to get my point across.

Do you post anything that doesn't attack someone, or is this your version of fun?

As far as your points go, it's you, and not Duff who is flawed.

Add some good young players on top of what they've got now (only 3-4 from the underage ranks who you'd even consider to play seniors) as well as a few experienced types and Brighton would be thereabouts in the league.

And to say they've got a strong Junior Club - surely you're having a laugh?

They're alright at 13's and 14's level, but nothing exceptional, and their 15's team is only half decent (5th) because they have 3 players of very good quality - they drop off markedly after that.
quote]

One of my mates coaches these boys and has very high opinions of them. The haven't lost a game and have a % of 800'odd. If that makes you only alright, then i'd like to see what you think is exceptional TFLUA-Tiger??

monna said:
One of my mates coaches these boys and has very high opinions of them. The haven't lost a game and have a % of 800'odd. If that makes you only alright, then i'd like to see what you think is exceptional TFLUA-Tiger??

Only had their 13's once - they won, but not by a huge margin, and didn't look fantastic.

I was basing it just on that one game.

They've lost just the one game I see now - and do look to be very dominant.

I'll concede here Monna.

Only had their 13's once - they won, but not by a huge margin, and didn't look fantastic.

My god is that the Brighton under 13 team you are saying are "alright".

In my time filming this team would just abouts be the best junior team I have seen. Very skillfull.

Check them out in the STJFL Grand FInal in 3 weeks. The have some serious superstars in the making.

Flood I will see you there in the commentary box, come up and say g'day.

Snug Oval was definitely the place to be today!

Following Cygnet's upset win over Kermandie, Claremont have wound up finishing fourth and will now host the Elimination Final v Sorell next week.

But that's not why.

Clinton Curtain needing 10 to reach 100 goals for the year has apparently kicked 15.2!

But that wasn't why!

Apparently today was Big Benny "Banjo" Swards' last game for the Channel Football Club before moving to Queensland.

But not even that was the reason Snug was the place to be.

Ladies and Gentlemen, today he took to the park. Today he made a comeback in the reserves game! Today he wore the colours he so proudly wore so many times before!

No, not me!

Bigfooty community - CADORAS PLAYED TODAY!

Channel even went to the amazing lengths of not naming their sides in Friday's paper clearly fearing their ground would not hold the masses that would have made the trek to Snug had the Great Man's appearance been common knowledge!

But sadly the fairytale, just like the last time I saw him play, was denied by a Claremont Reserves side that won by a couple of goals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back