Southern Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will be better than last year hopefully but I suspect still well short of New Norfolk and Co, have retained Curtain, Bennett, Brown and Rosewall all of whom Brighton tried to poach, have had a few handy ex players return and have apparently picked up Mason and Boumann from Channel who are very good players but I guess we'll have to how much they've improved, if at all, when the real stuff starts.

What happened to them getting Brendon Rogers? I'd heard he'd been offered big coin?

Ironic thing is I think that's why he originally went to DOSA!

As much as I'd like to see it, dunno Claremont will get anywhere near New Norfolk!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should change the name of this forum from SFL to Dodges Ferry.
You blokes certainly know how to pump up a team. You make them sound like a team of champions that are certainties for the flag already in feburary. I hope they can go all the way and not fall at the final hurdle like they have the last three years

Info on the all conquering DODGES FERRY. Was told by an OHA person that OHA beat DODGES by 2 - 3 goals in practice match yesterday. Both sides played their best teams for 3 quarters an OHA ended up infront.
Apparantly DODGES weren't FULL strength but not far off it. OHA weren't full strength either.
Interesting result given they were going to defeat the world in February...

Info on the all conquering DODGES FERRY. Was told by an OHA person that OHA beat DODGES by 2 - 3 goals in practice match yesterday. Both sides played their best teams for 3 quarters an OHA ended up infront.
Apparantly DODGES weren't FULL strength but not far off it. OHA weren't full strength either.
Interesting result given they were going to defeat the world in February...

ten seniours out, yes maybe we arn't as good as we thought might be, credit to the young underage that played the 2'nd 3 q, final margin was 19 point so oha won the 2'nd 3q by 10 points thats not bad effort from the very small handfull reserves players and underage blokes!, the first 3q oha won by 9 points

!

Dodges did have quite a number of blokes out but the depth at the club is good this season, so I thought they'd get up. OHA probably had 30-32 blokes there, so they had a lot of senior guys doubling up to play against the Dodges twos and underage. Funnily enough, I reckon the younger blokes and twos showed more ticker for Dodges than the seniors did!

The seniors for Dodges were pretty shit, to be honest. They were missing plenty but I expected to see a bit more hardness at the contest. Bennett and Gillie were probably their best. Reeve looked dangerous but spent half the game on the pine for some reason. Thought OHA showed a bit. They're a well drilled side. Definitely deserved to win

Although I haven't been around the place too much recently, this is the first I've heard of this. Where'd you hear this, JS?

Agreed, if fit would be extremely handy.

Although I haven't been around the place too much recently, this is the first I've heard of this. Where'd you hear this, JS?

Agreed, if fit would be extremely handy.

He's on the Claremont clearance page, so he must have signed with them.

who will win??

how did u find the roster?sporting pulse?? they have the roster for the u18 img it'd be the same for the 1,2!

2011 ladder
1:d.f
2:king
3:n.n
4:hounville
5:c.h
6:glen
7:lindisfarne
8:brighton
9:east coast
10:sorell
11:cygnet
12:claremont

thoughts
new 2011 ladder
1:d.f
2:n.n
3:king
4:hounville
5:c.h
6:brighton
7:glenorchy
8:lindisfrne
9:claremont
10:east coast
11:cygnet
12:sorell

Reckon Claremont will play finals.

Dodges twos v Swansea was decent yesterday. The Sharks had a few underdone blokes from the ones having a run. Rick Martin would have taken 8 or so contested marks (kicked 5-6 and missed as many). Pinner Barwin was best on. They werent up against much but Swansea have a couple of good players. Dodges have a couple of good youngsters as well. Thought a few of them showed a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back