Southern Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindisfarne arent my side mate i like to try to follow all sides in the SFL. Maybe your right and I should stop reading this forum as only one team ever gets a mention. All I was trying to say mate is premierships are not won in Feburary. I dont have any bias at all but from what I have heard it seems Kingborough will be hard to beat and Brighton will be massive improvers. And as for the side to beat, that obvioulsy has to be New Norfolk as they have put the runs on the board.

Any news on Sorell? Is Scott Allen playing?....My Norky magpies will struggle in SFL, but we will win TSL!.......I heard that James WIggings is going to play SFL:confused:

Any news on Sorell? Is Scott Allen playing?....My Norky magpies will struggle in SFL, but we will win TSL!.......I heard that James WIggings is going to play SFL:confused:

Heard he hasn't turned up much old wombat! Wiggo would light KGV up in the goal square! Just not sure if they have enough vas to get a jumper on over his head! :eek:

Heard he hasn't turned up much old wombat! Wiggo would light KGV up in the goal square! Just not sure if they have enough vas to get a jumper on over his head! :eek:

He has got a big head when you come to think about it. Seen him play 2s with Glenorchy 10 years back and he was then even though a big lad quite nimble on his feet. Had cat like reflexes. Hard at it too

I'm happy with the Dodges talk, if no other club wishes to be optimistic about there teams upcoming season then so be it. It would be a quiet forum if it wasn't for the dodges talk.:)

Clarence arrogance - Everyone knows what that is, it's the same as Collingwood arrogance, they distribute that at the same time you get your locker and your footy jumper.:D

I'm happy with the Dodges talk, if no other club wishes to be optimistic about there teams upcoming season then so be it. It would be a quiet forum if it wasn't for the dodges talk.:)

agreeded:thumbsu:, it seems no one else will talk about there club!, so it just leaves us dodges followers to talk bout dodges,

anyway trent nichols from hobart was at training monday and tonights prac game, last years g.f omision tim dennis played wel, lampkin kicked 8 , will coombe continues to impress, another young fella played well dillon batchelor,even tho he played on another underage bloke kicked 3 goals i think, showed alot of promise tho:thumbsu:

I heard that to js think they are trowing the $ around the farne might strugle i think should of won a flag a couple of years ago spent a bit of coin and got nothing for it.Thompson to stay at newnorfolk to i have heard made captain and got paid:)

Some Clarence supporters and players have been known to be very arrogant, more so than the normal footy club. I thought that was a known a fact

your allowed to be arrogant when you are the best side year in year out, but not when you look like possibly having a decent side in feburary

I used to watch wiggo snapping goals from the carpark at west park BEOFRE training certainly has skills but not sure I could ever see him running a game out

your allowed to be arrogant when you are the best side year in year out, but not when you look like possibly having a decent side in feburary

I think we'll have a bit better than a decent side mate. Did you think last years team was only decent? I also don't think me or anyone else on here has been arrogant when it comes to Dodges. Tambo, come down and watch training any time you like. The young guys have looked good and so have the seniors.
The squad is mostly the same as last year with a couple of young Lauderdale players + Jayde Young, will Coombe, John Ferguson, Aaron Reeve, Pinner Barwin, Jhy Wiggins, Cross, Ben Waller, Rick Martin, Nick Malone (back after about 3 years away) and one or two other blokes I have forgotten. There is also Isaac Bennett who missed most of last year.

I'd say we're going to have a good year and hopefully we'll win the flag. I say that with confidence and not arrogance.

I heard that to js think they are trowing the $ around the farne might strugle i think should of won a flag a couple of years ago spent a bit of coin and got nothing for it.Thompson to stay at newnorfolk to i have heard made captain and got paid:)

Yeah, Tubby and a few others are going there I think. Maybe even Proudy :D Proudy could play some ones if he lost some kilos. Always was talented. Farne have lost Braslin as well, but have gained Marriott and some other Sorell blokes. It will be interesting to see how Farne go this season.

Seems a few blokes are leaving Lindisfarne for Brighton

Can confirm this Jamie Tubb and Nathan Barton both to the robins. heard brighton also talking to a few other handy players. Two big pick ups for Brighton also massive losses for the Farne, may struggle a bit this year the two blues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Tubby and a few others are going there I think. Maybe even Proudy :D Proudy could play some ones if he lost some kilos. Always was talented. Farne have lost Braslin as well, but have gained Marriott and some other Sorell blokes. It will be interesting to see how Farne go this season.

Dont think their recruits will go anywhere near to cover their losses unfortunately, lost about 10 or 12 players. biggest ones included bracken to DOSA, d.scott to QLD, Braslin to richmond plus Tubby and Barton. Goodsell and Hilder possibly retiring plus few others. have some new faces there and a new coach that seems to have the right attitude and some good ideas hopefully they go ok.

I think we'll have a bit better than a decent side mate. Did you think last years team was only decent? I also don't think me or anyone else on here has been arrogant when it comes to Dodges. Tambo, come down and watch training any time you like. The young guys have looked good and so have the seniors.
The squad is mostly the same as last year with a couple of young Lauderdale players + Jayde Young, will Coombe, John Ferguson, Aaron Reeve, Pinner Barwin, Jhy Wiggins, Cross, Ben Waller, Rick Martin, Nick Malone (back after about 3 years away) and one or two other blokes I have forgotten. There is also Isaac Bennett who missed most of last year.

I'd say we're going to have a good year and hopefully we'll win the flag. I say that with confidence and not arrogance.

JS i think Dodges will shape up very well with the pick ups you have mentioned. My comment was more directed at the fact i think a bit of confidence and arrogance is a good thing to have around a side. But as for your invitation I am not that keen on watching them train on that cow paddock I have personnally had the experience of playing against most of them players and seeing them rack up countless possessions, especially Isaac, i rate him very highly.

JS i think Dodges will shape up very well with the pick ups you have mentioned. My comment was more directed at the fact i think a bit of confidence and arrogance is a good thing to have around a side. But as for your invitation I am not that keen on watching them train on that cow paddock I have personnally had the experience of playing against most of them players and seeing them rack up countless possessions, especially Isaac, i rate him very highly.

Fair enough mate. :):thumbsu:

Dont think their recruits will go anywhere near to cover their losses unfortunately, lost about 10 or 12 players. biggest ones included bracken to DOSA, d.scott to QLD, Braslin to richmond plus Tubby and Barton. Goodsell and Hilder possibly retiring plus few others. have some new faces there and a new coach that seems to have the right attitude and some good ideas hopefully they go ok.

LFC have also lost Gavin Quirk, big loss he's been in the top 5 in B and F as long as I can remember. Add those losses to the past couple of years (Willing, Brendan Johnson, O'Brien, Baker etc) and it's a pretty different side to the 2008 team.

Interesting to see blokes on here suggest that the club failed by not winning a premiership during that couple of seasons..No doubt we blew a massive opportunity dropping the 2008 GF but I don't reckon success is measured only by premierships. That club was a basket case in the years before Daniel Willing took over. He (and others) brought in some professional players and got rid of the d**kheads and they turned it right around. Someone else said earlier that they spent a heap of money to get those players, but being around the club at that time I know there was a lot of players being offered a lot more to go to clubs like Dodges/Channel etc, so I don't think that's true at all.

Sure premierships are the ultimate aim, but I reckon the most important thing in this day and age (with Scott Wade and co. doing their best to rip the heart out of regional footy) is that clubs survive, and with the work the club did and continues to do, I'm confident the LFC will be around for a long time and the premierships will come at some stage.

That being said, I reckon they may struggle this year with the talent they have lost. But from all reports the new coach is setting the bar even higher for professionalism and they finally have some young talent coming through, so I reckon they'll be pushing up again within a few years.

Whilst not saying Dodges won't win this years flag, have the 2 main Dodges Ferry posters on here considered that on last year's Grand Final result they have a 72 point defecit to make up, which could have been a lot more had New Norfolk been more accurate?

I've got a bad feeling for you guys that the Norfick boys are sitting up there in the Valley reading your posts and putting it all away in the memory bank for when they play your Sharks.

You may be unintentionally motivating them which I'm not sure is such a good idea!

I remember last years granny and I remember Dodges beating Norfolk earlier in the year. I think my opinions on Dodges are fair and I have gotten stuck into the club when I think they've performed poorly. Last years grand final game was a bad, bad day for the sharks. Quite a few of the blokes simply didn't attack the ball hard enough and some didn't bother chasing at times. In a grand final that is just shithouse. Well, in anyone game it is shithouse. I think the side is very strong but there's no arrogance coming from the group (Roach wouldn't allow it anyway).

I hope Norfolk are very good again. They've been the best side for two years and if they're at their best then it's good for the comp.

As this is a Dodges thread - Brendon Fevola was seen leaving Danny Lings place on a scooter last night. The rumour mill is rife that big Fev will be kicking goals for the sharks. Coach Ling has been reported as saying 'now that our big gun Kaine Waller has gone to Lauderdale we need someone to replace him and we feel that Brendan can get the job done' :D

hey jswould be awsome if fev come down to shark park he he have to put a tab in clubrooms for him but .have you heard any more news about the peninsula team ?the sharks are lookin good from what i have been hearing not much news bout others but.the central hawks have lost a few:footy:

hey jswould be awsome if fev come down to shark park he he have to put a tab in clubrooms for him but .have you heard any more news about the peninsula team ?the sharks are lookin good from what i have been hearing not much news bout others but.the central hawks have lost a few:footy:

Havent heard anything about the peninsula team of late but speaking to some guys from Woodsdale I found out that a St Marys team tried to gain entry into the ODFA. Got knocked back because of the amount of travelling. Would be hard for a team from Port Arthur to travel there and back or visa versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back