Spaceship Poodle

Remove this Banner Ad

First album was Green Day – Nimrod. This was after about 30 various charted singles from the couple of years, prior.

First chaperoned concert was Savage Garden in 1997

First unchaperoned but seated was Red Hot Chili Peppers in 2000

First GA was the 2001 Big Day Out

First album - Helen Reddy's Greatest Hits. (Second was a compilation of Jimi Hendrix, but honesty is important)
First concert - Elton John at the Perth Entertainment Centre, just a couple of days after John Lennon's death. Elton was very emotional. Great gig !

First album bought was Blink 182 - The Mark Tom and Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!). The first single I ever bought was of course the Backstreet Boys with Everybody (Backstreets Back) because that was awesome.

First gig was (I think) Pearl Jam in 2006 on the Avocado tour. Although I'm sure there was some festivals or smaller gigs before then but I can't think at the moment.

Gibbsy and class78 I'm with ya – Demon Days. There are certain albums that seem to be a pathway for a people from a similar age. It's probably the combination of a massive single and that didn't sound like everything else, but would be played against everything else, and a few other decent singles. I still remember rinsing that album and playing Habbo Hotel nights on end, trying to get stuff from kids at school. Look where they ended up with those $20 vouchers, hey.

My first show was Perth Laneway, 2012. I was about a week from turning the eligible 18. Me and a mate and his friend were all pretty nervy. I remember having no ID at all, so using this guy's who looked nothing like me. The worst part was he was born even later in the year than me, so it was the dumbest possible chance. Dumbest luck in the end. The first bands were Yuck and The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. If you love one you loved the other but Pains meant a huge amount to me so I saw 'em. Great fun. Pretty stellar day in actuality and something I'll remember pretty fondly. First non-festival gig was Weezer at the Sidney Myer Bowl in January 2013. Never thought I'd see a band I love so much, so that was cool.

I never had the teenagehood of being able to go to gigs a bit. I lived a while away and it was always a logistics issue. Seeing kids so lamely dropped off out the front of Festival Hall (I reckon 75% of first shows happen there for Melburnians), dropping tickets, in their best perfumes and colognes, desperately trying to look cool... it is eternally endearing. Being able to give people that excitement would be the best part of being in a band.

First album: Johnny Cash - Greatest Hits on cassette
First concert: Sherbert - 1975 Roxy Theatre, Leeton (small town in southern NSW) at the height of their Howzat fame it was pretty epic for a kid in 5th class.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

First concert was actually Coldplay with family at the Barclays Center in New York, December 2012. The stadium was only a couple of months old at that time, and the light show was pretty epic (everyone was given LED wristbands on entry that lit up at certain points throughout songs). Coldplay are certainly one of those bands that people love to hate, and while I wouldn't say I actively enjoy them, I did find myself singing along to a fair few of the songs.

First proper gig was Toro Y Moi at the Corner in March 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First album: Johnny Cash - Greatest Hits on cassette
First concert: Sherbert - 1975 Roxy Theatre, Leeton (small town in southern NSW) at the height of their Howzat fame it was pretty epic for a kid in 5th class.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I arrived in Australia in March 1975. (39 years ago yesterday) Howzat is one of my first memories of being here. I still love it as a great pop song.

Hi Julia!

First album: 1981 Over The Top (Cassette). Now signed by Julia Zemiro. As well as James Black (who played on one of the songs).

First concert: Bon Jovi, Adelaide (Football Park I think it was), 1989

First album (I think) The Church - Of Skins and Heart

First concert, Kiss, Football Park Adelaide 1979...I was 16 and was living 100 miles away in the country and my folks let me go with some people who were going too...a good concert for a first...

cheers

col

Great first album !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First album: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
First concert: Red Hot Chili Peppers 2007 tour in Melbourne, Sidney Myer Music Bowl

First Album: Semantics EP - Australian Crawl
First Concert - Bon Jovi (Slippery When Wet 1987), Melbourne Sports & Entertainment Centre with Johnny Diesel & the Injectors & The Choirboys

First Album: Regurgitator - Unit

First Concert: John Farnham @ Thebby Oval in 1990 with Southern Sons as support. I was 9 at the time and my folks took me along
First Concert that I paid for: The Prodigy @ Thebby Theatre 1998

Remove this Banner Ad

Spaceship Poodle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back