Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2014/9/suns-coach-guy-mckenna-future-in-doubt/

Triple M's Damian Barrett confirmed Gold Coast will hold a board meeting next Thursday night which may determine McKenna's future at the club after the Suns wont just two of their last nine games.

"There is a lot of agitating behind the scenes to the point where that board meeting on thursday will be a pretty serious one for Guy McKenna," Barrett told Triple M Footy.

Guess we'll find out Thursday

I've been very critical of Bluey, but he shouldn't lose his job.

If he does, so should our ENTIRE coaching team. In saying that, I think it's all a media beat-up.

Bomber Thompson @ Geelong 2.0

Maybe this fire cracker up towards blueys ass..
Will light a big fat fire.. That pushes him and this group further this pre season...
This will be the first time his had to worry bout his job..
We'll see the fight in him...
Id doubt the boys would like to see him go.. For some of them.. Been there only coach since they were 17.. Anyway.. Doesnt matter what happens.. Exciting times ahead i believe..

You'd think the board would only move if they have an alternative already locked away. Not move Bluey on and go looking for another unproven coach.
On the subject of development, why is a great tap ruckman like Primus our midfield coach? He needs to be spending every living moment with our three rucks and challenge & develop one to grab the position by the throat. If anyone needs evidence, have a look at Goldstein's game last night. Kicked goals, won clearances, match saving mark...

You'd think the board would only move if they have an alternative already locked away. Not move Bluey on and go looking for another unproven coach.
On the subject of development, why is a great tap ruckman like Primus our midfield coach? He needs to be spending every living moment with our three rucks and challenge & develop one to grab the position by the throat. If anyone needs evidence, have a look at Goldstein's game last night. Kicked goals, won clearances, match saving mark...

I've never been a huge fan of Primus as our midfield coach, should move him to the ruck coach and get a pure midfield coach. :thumbsu:

Wasn't too long ago he was a head coach, I'm sure he is more than capable to lead the midfield development along with Gaz and Bluey support.

We probably need a genuine forward coach more than anything?
He went 13-34 as a head coach in 2 years and Hinkley takes over and takes them to 2 consecutive final series. Just saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should start a thing: "Back Bluey"

#backbluey
I'm a bluey fan too but the natives are clearly restless if you listen to Sheahan and Barrett.
Bluey's problem is that there would be a long line of ex-coaches and current ones that would love his job and work with our list.

I can't know for sure cause I don't follow Port that closely but I remember them being a bit of a laughing stock when Primus was in charge. Hinkley had a huge part in turning that club around.

I was a Port member for 20 years even back into the SANFL days when I was a kid. The 07 grand Final left deep scars, and in 2011 Primus was probably thrown into the deep end with trying to rejuvenate and rebuild the proud club. Was a favourite son, and like Voss in the same period both premiership captains were given the reigns of their club as head coach with an ageing list and poor performances on field was almost set up to fail.

Id rather spend our hard earned on specific coaches rather then 500k on frawley the spud.
They come from different places. The '500k' would come from the salary cap.

How much we can spend on Coaches is completely outside of that, and dependant on how much money the footy club makes. Hence why the Pies can have a Coach for every player, but we're struggling to get a seperate Coach for rucking and midfield.

I can't know for sure cause I don't follow Port that closely but I remember them being a bit of a laughing stock when Primus was in charge. Hinkley had a huge part in turning that club around.
It wasn't just Primus. Primus had next to no resources when he was the Coach. To place all blame on him is very one dimensional.

Hinkley not only comes in, but Koch does as well. And a heap of other staff. A new smart CEO that injects his club with a heap of cash and money to spend and help support Ken, far more than anything Primus got.

If our players are supposably becoming disgruntled over lack of development..
I think best we invest in it asap with more coaches.. Easier to keep the players happy by supplying a few extra development coaches..
Then lose a few gun players and be chasing players in trade season!!
Would lose a year or 2 of a premiership window if say we lost lynch and swallow in 2 or so years time
Much better to just give them the coaches keep the players happy
And yes.. I hear we have no money..
But you lose money by losing games.. Soo spend develop and win!!
Winning brings in the fans.. Fans bring the money!!
-rant over-

Last edited:
He went 13-34 as a head coach in 2 years and Hinkley takes over and takes them to 2 consecutive final series. Just saying.
Good point but to be really fair to Primus he had Robbie Gray (reco), Hartlett rarely played, 1st year Wingard and didn't have Polec, Monfries, Wines, Ebert, Pittard, Hombsch etc.
I don't have a problem with our mids development, but think he should just concentrate on developing the 3 rucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back