Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to On The Couch, Mike Sheahan intimated that Blighty was the one that held the power over whether Bluey lives or dies...:thumbsu: or :thumbsdown:

On a lighter note, watch the last 10 seconds of the Suns TV Bloopers Pt. 2 for a laugh - Bluey's response when asked if the club's vision of winning a premiership by the end of 2015 adds any pressure, "****in' Oath it does! Try coaching under those sorts of pressures!"

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2014-09-10/bloopers-02

I hope they keep Bluey until at least the end of 2015. He speaks straight up and make perfect sense. He's put his heart and soul into this club, these boys, and it would be most undeserving if they gave him the flick now. He's taken us forward every year since day one. A decision to replace him now reeks of impatience to me. Give him and the club the resources they need for 2015 and make a decision after that.

I am backing Bluey in.

There has been a couple times over the journey where he has made mistakes but just like the players he is a learning coach. He is well renowned as a very good footy brain and I am a believer of this. Perhaps he lacks motivational skills somewhat but I think just like the players he is getting better. He had absolutely **** all to work with in the back half of the season. I cannot believe people are blaming him for that. We were decimated. Fielding the youngest sides we have ever fielded etc. What did you all expect?

I truly hope that this shit about their being player unrest is just that - shit. If those boys do not have the heart to approach Guy themselves with issues such as training standards and ran to media (as well as supposedly ZeJackal at the Champions dinner lol) then they should take a good ******* look at themselves. We will never be a succesful organisation and sporting team if there is not good communication through the departments. I am glad we have a very good board who do not take note of knee jerk reactions. They will do their due dilligence and I suspect Bluey will be our coach next year.

As for Clayton, there are a couple things I am sus about in his recruiting mantra but overall I have liked what he has done. I will comment further on him after this offseason. I want to see what he does to bolster the list. We need some experience, hardened bodies and depth.
Mate, I know we don't always see eye-to-eye, but this commentary is absolutely spot on. It literally couldn't be said any better. So true.

Is Brett Munro still our opposition coach..
And Based in MELBOURNE..???
Could be a reason why so many opposition teams have so many players rake up soo many touches against us.
You'd think a coaching role like that would be better off fulltime at the club where he can spend 8hours a day with the boys..
( this might of all changed.. Just read on the website he is based in melbourne and was prob uploaded pre 2014 season )
So if any1 can confirm or vice versa. Cheers

Correct... Still having considerable success..
Top of the VFL ladder 16-2
2 wins clear..
Premiership favourites..
Has 10 years AFLcoaching exp.
Over 5 years VFL exp. and a premiership

Seems perfect if he was willing to get back in AFL circles again

Listening to On The Couch, Mike Sheahan intimated that Blighty was the one that held the power over whether Bluey lives or dies...:thumbsu: or :thumbsdown:
Possible 2015 scenario:

Gladiator-thumbsdown_converted.jpg

Possible 2015 scenario:

Gladiator-thumbsdown_converted.jpg

One of the key concerns is over McKenna’s oft-repeated mantra of “bigger, faster, stronger” ... that physical development of the young players is the only thing between them and a premiership.

Players feel they are being underdeveloped when it comes to skills and football education.

One of the key concerns is over McKenna’s oft-repeated mantra of “bigger, faster, stronger” ... that physical development of the young players is the only thing between them and a premiership.

Players feel they are being underdeveloped when it comes to skills and football education.

You got any quotes from the players mate, or we just going from hearsay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, only quotes in there come from Witheriff mate. Even with what he says you get the feeling that there has been nothing out of the norm being said.

Everything that has been rumoured this past week has grown legs from Hamiltons article, which to most people who are familiar with his workings, is most likely another fabricated and/or exaggerated piece of garbage not worth the bandwidth used to open the article. He has lead the agenda on hating Bluey for quite some time. I reckon Guy must have slept with his partner

Thats how i got baneed a few days ago. When blokes hear this and that but cant say this or that etc, it pisses me off. At least a scribe has an editor to keep him in check. All we have here is angry hornets like me or moderators....

But FWIW id do feel there is something in what is said above..it just feels right. Something caused a shit stir.

Thats how i got baneed a few days ago. When blokes hear this and that but cant say this or that etc, it pisses me off. At least a scribe has an editor to keep him in check. All we have here is angry hornets like me or moderators....

But FWIW id do feel there is something in what is said above..it just feels right. Something caused a shit stir.

I just can't comprehend what side you are on with this. You say you disagree with most of the article but agree to some extent there may be a small element of truth in it. I think that is about 95% of people on here . . . However you quote insignificant lines from the article in big bolded letters and then copy the same quotes into your signature in bright, billboard vibrancy styles font.

No one here is going to crucify you for doing this. It is your way of doing things and it is not breaking any rules (I think :confused: ). But it is hard to get a gauge what you believe haha

FWIW if you need a run down of why you were banned speak to myself or Sunny again. There was more to it then what you say :)

To further elaborate what I mean

It's not as if (Sorry for picking a name) David Swallow has come out and said 'There is a serious concern of the players rate of development in the team that needs to be addressed'

All we have is Andrew Hamilton, the biggest SUNS hater in media and leader of the Bluey Hate Bandwagon saying

"
The most likely outcome is that a process is put in place that helps the coach address the issues that have led to fractures at the Coast.

But alarm bells are ringing within the club as concerns from players come to light.

The Suns have been made aware by at least two prominent player managers of unrest within the playing group.

And The Sunday Mail has also heard directly from several disgruntled players."

So he has heard from several disgruntled players but is unable back it up with names or even quotes?

Well SUNS has heard from several happy players that are not concerned. So we can all rest easy :)

The Suns are a tall 9big) side. Its been a mantra to get them strong and fit to run out games. I dont think we can dispute these points.

If someone (players) are saying it is to the detriment of skills (injury?) then that would fit as well, as at least one of our most experienced players was never a great believer in hard training and prefered skills.

I stand where i did before. Ablett is the leader. Bluey can never usurp that. If there is a rift developing, it looks to be along the lines that i have explained. Beliefs systems in going forward. Thats if there is a rift at all. I t may be paper talk, but you could see where this could begin.

I agree we are a big bodied size. But you must also take into account that development of the bigger players for at least 90% of the time takes a bit (lot) longer for them to develop.

I don't even put the sudden drop in the teams overall form to this.

I put it down to nothing else other than the lack of experience we were fielding by the end of 2014. Due to injuries that even the most pessimistic of us could not foresee we were posting 22's with only 2 players with 100 games experience (Rischa and Harbrow). You just can't replicate that kind of leadership that was missing with a couple of kids, even if they are the best kids in the land. Add to this that those kids have all done AT LEAST 2 less pre-seasons then their direct opponents it was inevitable we would fade at seasons end, with or without Gazza.

You constantly hit the nail on the head that Ablett is an overwhelming leader of our team. There is no denying that. But almost every team, even the more senior teams have these leaders. Take away those men out of any of the teams and you will see a decline in form, moral and confidence. It's not really an uncharted thing. It has happened before

Put all of this together and you see why we have had a crappy end to the season. Do you really think Paul Roos, Mick Malthouse, Bomber Thompson or anyone would have made a difference when we had such an unlikely chain of events come our way?

Just my opinion, but I don't think it matters

#InBlueyWeTrust

No, i'll stick with Bluey. He has had a good opportunity to learn a bit about coaching and whats expected. We cant just throw that away. He may end up a goodun in the mould of Roos.. He reminds me of a younger rOOS. nOT SURE WHY.

No, i'll stick with Bluey. He has had a good opportunity to learn a bit about coaching and whats expected. We cant just throw that away. He may end up a goodun in the mould of Roos.. He reminds me of a younger rOOS. nOT SURE WHY.

I love him too obviously haha. And ironically enough he reminds me of Bomber Thompson when he was coming through! Hopefully his team follows a similar path ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back