Spring Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

One i don't mind at a bit of a price for the Caulfield Cup is Green Moon. The class runners at the top of the weights have a good record in the race, especially the Melbourne Cup winners coming back. He has run well in the race previously and by all reports this is the race he is being set for this year. At the 71s you could do worse

One i don't mind at a bit of a price for the Caulfield Cup is Green Moon. The class runners at the top of the weights have a good record in the race, especially the Melbourne Cup winners coming back. He has run well in the race previously and by all reports this is the race he is being set for this year. At the 71s you could do worse

NIck Williams was talking it up on rsn last week for the C Cup

seth

He ran well in the Autumn too behind Florence so it's not like he is out of form. Just got to get a good track because he doesn't go a yard in the wet

Don't forget the stat that, since 2011, the winner of the Memsie has gone onto win either the Cox Plate, Caulfield Cup or Melbourne Cup.

Which will Dissident win this year? :)

Don't forget the stat that, since 2011, the winner of the Memsie has gone onto win either the Cox Plate, Caulfield Cup or Melbourne Cup.
Which will Dissident win this year? :)

Where did you get that stat?
Its wrong wherever its from,Atlantic Jewel didnt win the Cox Plate & Sincero certainly didnt win any of the 3

seth

Kool, as I said in the other thread, I'll be following Commanding Jewel super impressive on sat. Read somewhere connections might be looking towards a cox plate but nothing set yet.

Nice run from Dear Demi too.
Agree thats thehorse I noticed aswell and blackbooked. Also think Zuzulander who jumped poorly inturn in a bad spot ran on well.

Dear Demi will be primed for 1800-2400 this year aswell looked good

Commanding Jewel is one i think will start unders next time. She looked good flashing home but she was entitled to from the easy run she got.
I like A Time For Julia out of that race. Her condition gave out late but had Gregers in trouble for a fair way.
Agree with Dear Demi as well

Agree thats thehorse I noticed aswell and blackbooked. Also think Zuzulander who jumped poorly inturn in a bad spot ran on well.

Dear Demi will be primed for 1800-2400 this year aswell looked good

Commanding Jewel is one i think will start unders next time. She looked good flashing home but she was entitled to from the easy run she got.
I like A Time For Julia out of that race. Her condition gave out late but had Gregers in trouble for a fair way.
Agree with Dear Demi as well

A Time For Julia was ridden upside down in the race, i was on as well, liked the move going forward but i think Nolen wanted Gregers to lead so he could get some cover but that didn't eventuate. Hot speed race when she can sit midfield with cover is ideal.

Id be wary of Dear Demi as she generally runs well fresh in a campaign (1st to 3rd starts) and tapers away pretty quickly after that, not sure she is actually a great 2000m+ horse. Wont be backing her in any elite races 2000m + thats for sure. Freshened and targeted at the Myer would be my aim if the trainer.

Be wary with Commanding Jewel as well, clearly the run of the race, but spruiked to the shiter after that fast finishing (soft run) can lead to poison odds second up when maybe a touch flat.

Wishing id had a play on Dissident at the big odds for the Cox Plate before Saturday, but ill take consolation from the $18 i got for the Memsie win on Friday night.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zebulon trialled nicely yesterday on a Guineas path, sprinted quickly under light riding. Will get a better idea in a fortnight when he clashes with Chivalry and Divan amongst others in the Henry Bucks.

I really like him this prep as a Derby runner or possible 3yo in the Cox Plate. Obviously a lot to prove before then but is one I'm keeping my eye on

Where did you get that stat?
Its wrong wherever its from,Atlantic Jewel didnt win the Cox Plate & Sincero certainly didnt win any of the 3

seth

Dunno where I read it TBH. Might have heard it on TVN ...

Did anyone see that Divan at Sandown last Wednesday? Big wraps on that horse and has been nominated for a few of the big races.

Any thought on Kav's Horse that bossy road on sat? Now guineas fav...
And where is Earthquake??
I'm on the Divan bandwagon (backed it first start at odds)
But it's in the spotlight a bit too much now.
Hopefully it gets to the Derby rather than Guineas main one.

Was keen on Our Voodoo Prince for the CC but I didn't like them putting it first up on the bog. It will probably not peak til later in Spring now is my gut feel, like Shocking did in the Lexus/MC

Think Master O'Reilly was the last to get in via one and win (2007).

Obviously back in the day the super mare Let's Elope got in via the Underwood (I think) and won.

They are the only two that spring to mind.

Plenty have got in at the last minute, started fave, and not one. Generally the winners are good enough to get in on the own accord.

Anyone see one of the three year olds rolling Lankan Rupee or deserve tha Black Caviar odds? Interested in thought on the Dato as well.

RACE 5: 2.45pm MITTY’S MCEWEN STAKES (1000m)
(Of $200,000. Group 2. WFA)
No. Horse Trainer Jockey (Barrier) Weight
1 LANKAN RUPEE Mick Price Craig Newitt (9) 58.5kg
2 IT IS WRITTEN Robbie Griffiths Matthew Allen (4) 58.5kg
3 UNPRETENTIOUS Nikki Burke Craig Williams (5) 58.5kg
4 OUR NKWAZI Shawn Mathrick Dwayne Dunn (8) 58.5kg
5 ACADEMY JACK Dale Short Nicholas Hall (6) 58.5kg
6 CAUTHEN (NZ) Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young Steven Arnold (3) 58.5kg
7 ANGELIC LIGHT Robbie Griffiths Ryan Maloney (1) 56.5kg
8 ORUJO John O’Shea Tommy Berry (7) 52kg
9 ELOPING Peter Morgan & Craig Widdison Ms Linda Meech (2) 50kg

RACE 7: 4pm DATO’ TAN CHIN NAM STAKES (1600m)
(Of $250,000. Group 2. WFA)
No. Horse Trainer Jockey (Barrier) Weight
1 FORETELLER (GB) Chris Waller Glen Boss (11) 59kg
2 THE OFFER (IRE) Gai Waterhouse Tommy Berry (6) 59kg
3 CRACKERJACK KING (IRE) David Hayes & Tom Dabernig Michael Walker (1) 59kg
4 THE CLEANER Mick Burles Steven Arnold (2) 59kg
5 MOURINHO Peter Gelagotis Craig Newitt (10) 59kg
6 PAKAL (GER) Mick Price Nicholas Hall (5) 59kg
7 LIDARI (FR) Peter G Moody Luke Nolen (8) 59kg
8 HVASSTAN Peter Gelagotis Dwayne Dunn (3) 59kg
9 STAR ROLLING Peter Morgan & Craig Widdison Stephen Baster (4) 59kg
10 GRIS CARO (GB) Jake Stephens Mark Zahra (9) 59kg