Springvale or Dingley

Remove this Banner Ad

subs

Debutant
Apr 21, 2007
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Carlton
Listening to the radio on sunday there would seem a bit of hype already building up to the springvale and dingley match.

Put your tips in early.

State your case why.

I think it will be a close one, and there will be a kick between both teams, I am picking Dingley by 6 points because of there runners, and the Quinn factor.

Probably too early to tell, but you'd have to back Springy for longevity wouldn't you?
Except for the last two seasons (5th) they made four prelims and a GF. There should be no doubt that they should be respected. Dingley would have to work very hard for a while yet to earn the same respect as a footy club in my view.
But as i said, early days!!!

Tell you guys after next week. Faced Dingley last Saturday and they are a disciplined, quick and tall unit. Forget about Quinn for a second because they are more than a man band. Debolfo killed us. There were plenty others as well.

So, Junior, what's your plan to stop them next time??? What would you do different?
We've got them this week!!!
Sounds like supply to Quinn is the important thing.

first hands to the football will beat most teams.

dont think its a matter of stopping any player in particular. the whole midfield would have all had over 30 touches.

get the ball first and then the other team can only chase tail!

Been lucky enough to have watched Springvale this year and they are a very good side, one thing to watch is the times they go to sleep and let the opposition score some cheat goals I have seen it against Ashwood and again with Benna.

Maybe someone could let us know if Dingley do the same thing or are they just a solid 4 quarter team?

Been lucky enough to have watched Springvale this year and they are a very good side, one thing to watch is the times they go to sleep and let the opposition score some cheat goals I have seen it against Ashwood and again with Benna.

Maybe someone could let us know if Dingley do the same thing or are they just a solid 4 quarter team?

They might have gone to sleep in the 2nd, but more than made up for it by kicking 12 in the 3rd. Most were from midfield clearances too.

well you have a better chance of beating dingley on a small ground than on a larger ground where they can run the ball more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously don't rate Nigel Scott, Brad Scott, Brad Hueval, Adam Champion, Sang Seon, Shane Larner, John Charles plus a few more who are either out injured or in the twos at the moment! We'll see!
Any of these guys going to get a look in for the seniors this week? Wouldn't fancy seeing them at 11.45am.

heres a list of the mentions in the Best of the SFL website.

best players vs Lyndale

Best Players: S. DeBolfo, J. English, P. Edwards, A. Quinn, D. Andrews, D. Brown

best players vs Parkmoore

Best Players: A. Frost, S. DeBolfo, B. Lavars, C. Morgan, A. Quinn, C. Brooks

Best players vs Moorabin

Best Players: S. Feehan, C. Morgan, B. Lavars, D. Atkin, A. Frost, A. Quinn

Thanks for that subs, I haven't seen the Dingoes play for a few years now but it looks like there is a lot of home grown talent amongst that list. Feehan, English, Debolfo, Frost, Lavars would all be locals under 21.

dingley by ten for me Quinn is a superstar be good to see him vs cassett in kickung at goals

Well Mr tigerarmy when it comes to round 8 I will have a little wager with you that Dingley don't win by ten, for that matter I will wager that Dingley just don't win.

With the supply Springvale have it would take a super human effort to stop Williams, Charles, Gav,(can't spell his last name) Ashman shit the list goes on.

I think you would have to back Springvale at this stage, Dingley hasn't come up against any resitance as yet. IF you spoke to any of the teams from Casey Cardinia league last year, you probly would get a chuckle of the mention of dingley winning a game. Maybe the standard of football they played last year has held them in better stead.

who knows, i think a 10 goal win against springvale is far fetched.

found a few photos off the website against parkmoore.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=1-3909-47813-0-0&sID=44854

any one got some photos of the springvale team?

well dingley won by 100 points against hampton today at hampton.

On a ground that suited the heavier hampton side, I would expect Dingley to run them off there feet when they meet at dingley's home ground.

Hampton done for speed across the whole ground.

Having played both sides you cannot separate them. Dingley are a much taller side but Springvale are a much stronger bodied team. Both sides move the ball the same way and are quick. Both have outstanding full forwards but the districts are more willing to share the spoils up forward, Dingley tend to go to Quinn only.
Springy by 1-2 goals at most.

Remove this Banner Ad

Springvale or Dingley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back