bulldogsfight
Dec 30, 1999
Melbourne,Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
western bulldogs
WESTERN BULLDOGS v KANGAROOS at TIO Stadium, 7.40pm (AEST) on Friday

Western Bulldogs: Farren Ray, Robert Murphy, Andrejs Everitt, Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Brad Johnson, Scott West, Mitch Hahn, Lindsay Gilbee, Nathan Eagleton, Peter Street, Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney, Brennan Stack, Shaun Higgins, Josh Hill, Jason Akermanis, Dylan Addison, Andrew McDougall, Ryan Hargrave, Scott Welsh, Tim Callan, Stephen Tiller, Brian Lake, Cameron Wight, Dale Morris, Jarrod Harbrow.

Kangaroos: Hamish McIntosh, Brady Rawlings, Daniel Harris, Sam Power, Shannon Grant, Adam Simpson, Daniel Wells, Jess Sinclair, Michael Firrito, Lindsay Thomas, Leigh Adams, Gavin Urquhart, Andrew Swallow, Drew Petrie, Nathan Thompson, Robbie Tarrant, Lachlan Hansen, Aaron Edwards, Brent Harvey, Daniel Pratt, David Hale, Matt Campbell, Ben Davies, Shannon Watt, Scott Thompson, Josh Gibson, Leigh Harding, Scott McMahon

I was looking forward to seeing Jarred Grant play but that isn't the case :(

Looking at our squad we have a very strong line up to be honest i hope we win.

Looking at our squad we have a very strong line up

So have North though. Out of the North squad here are newish players, or another way of putting it, players who aren't considered starting 22s.

Leigh Adams - Elevated off the rookie last year.
Gavin Urquhart - Pick 21, 2006. Queenslander originally.
Robbie Tarrant - Kangas first round pick last year. Brother of Chris.
Lachlan Hansen - First round pick 2006. Easing his way in to the AFL.
Matt Campbell - Elevated off the rookie list last year.
Ben Davies - 2007 Williamstown B&F traded from Collingwood last year.

Sam Power - Don't know much about him to be honest. Cool name though...Power.

Why aren't they playing Hansen? He played a couple games last year, and development wise, I thought these sorts of games are the perfect opportunity for him? Admittedly conditions won't be great, but still, the boy's got to learn.

Interesting to see how Power plays.

Why aren't they playing Hansen? He played a couple games last year, and development wise, I thought these sorts of games are the perfect opportunity for him? Admittedly conditions won't be great, but still, the boy's got to learn.

Interesting to see how Power plays.

Hansen is playing. When Butane said "Out of the North squad" he didn't mean the particular players were "out of the squad"...he was simply identifying players that........oh never mind:confused:

Hansen is playing. When Butane said "Out of the North squad" he didn't mean the particular players were "out of the squad"...he was simply identifying players that........oh never mind:confused:

On second thoughts maybe i should have rephrased that sentence. :D

It makes sense now that I actually read it properly :p

It's late and I'm tired, okay? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit like the old Daryl Sommers line on Hey Hey. When you say 'Out of the North squad' you don't mean 'Out of the North squad' you mean 'Out of the North squad!'

No Malcolm Lynch either.

Tough break for the Darwin lad.

Obviously looking at that squad we are going for a win.

i think they have picked a side with darwin conditions in mind.

going for the small leading forwards, and stronger bodied players.

hill and harbrow probably the only light bodied players

No Malcolm Lynch either.

Tough break for the Darwin lad.

Obviously looking at that squad we are going for a win.

squad is good but still depends how Rocket uses the bench. last years first game in Canberra Aka, Johnno & West spent quarters at a time on the bench with 1st gamers Doogs, Lynch & Harbrow playing key roles in fwd line all game. Also I would say part of reason no Minson is if conditions are like they were for last years Darwin pre-season game then they will be playing water polo and big Will is not suited to water polo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Squad for Darwin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back