Competitions St Kilda 2014 Dream Team/Supercoach Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Manimal_Dunstan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
With Dream Team/AFL Fantasy and Supercoach prices, position etc all being released just thought i' would open up a Saints discussion thread for fans/opposition fans to read and see what saints they maybe should look out for. Supercoach Gold is open i would say Dream Team assistant coach isn't far away.

Here are my thoughts on every saints player;
Tom Hickey; With Ben McEvoy gone he could be in for a big breakout season but is yet to put real Fantasy numbers together, i'd probably avoid but maybe worth watching in the NAB Challenge matches.

Arryn Siposs; probably wouldn't touch, but it'll be interesting to see what role he does play under Alan Richardson.

Jack Steven; should be on your watch list he can only improve on his 2013 form being only 24 next season. Although he could get more attention from opposition taggers with NDS gone.

Clinton Jones; Wouldn’t touch him at all in either competitions, unless Richo can get him too have a Kane Cornes 2013 like season as Hinkley did at Port.

Sebastian Ross; I wouldn’t touch him although he could be in for a breakout season I think better options around.

Lenny Hayes; Legend, but 34 years old next season wouldn’t touch him, will be carefully managed and could see the Sub vest.

Trent Dennis-Lane; Don’t touch him.

Tom Lee; Good cash cow in 2013 but wouldn’t touch him this year not sure he’ll produce Fantasy numbers.

Daniel Markworth; Should be on your watch list, unfortunate knee injury that ruled him out of the 2013 season but he was close to make his AFL debut a few times in 2012, he will see game time next season if his knee is fine and form warrants selection.

Leigh Montagna; Brilliant 2013 season I can’t see him having a poor year he is highly priced is a player that won’t be in many sides I don’t think, worth looking at for sure. Be aware of his Round 1 suspension and again could get the opposition tag with NDS gone.

Nick Riewoldt; again brilliant 2013 season and I don’t see him having a poor year next season I can still see him averaging in the 90+ range. But he’ll probably rest in a few games next season so he can manage his knee, I wouldn’t start with him maybe wait for him to decrease in $$ a little.

Adam Schneider; He won’t produce consistent high numbers, better options around. Hamstring’s a worry.

Jarryn Geary; Same as Schneids won’t produce consistent high numbers I don’t think, wouldn’t start with him.

Jack Newnes; Another player I think will be in for a big season next year heading into his 3rd season, not sure he is a fantasy option yet though..

Dylan Roberton; Started the 2013 season well in Supercoach, could only see him improve with gaining the two key defenders. MAYBE worth looking at.

Spencer White; Wouldn’t touch.

Sam Gilbert; Has averaged 90+ before in Fantasy and in 5 of his 9 games in 2013 scored 90+ gaining the two key defenders should release Gilbert to play his preferred position as a rebounding half back or possibly on the wing. I may be crazy but wouldn’t cross his name off.

David Armitage; Did pump out some good scores during the 2013 season and really needs a breakout season, but not sure he’ll be consistent enough with his scores in the Fantasy land. Better midfielders around I’d probably not go near Armo.

Farren Ray; don’t think he is consistent enough with fantasy scores, would pass.

Sean Dempster; I wouldn’t pick him, just my thoughts.

Sam Fisher; He averaged 99 in Supercoach during the 2011 season when he could play his preferred position and not play as a key defender. Now we have gained Delaney and Bruce it should release Fish but I agree with Shaun (stkildathunda) he is probably past his best.

Rhys Stanley; not good enough to select in fantasy yet.

Jimmy Webster; wouldn’t pick him in fantasy yet, not sure he’ll produce the good numbers.

Brodie Murdoch; same as Jimmy Webster

Tom Simpkin; same as above, wouldn’t touch

Terry Milera; will be interesting to see what role he gets under Richo but same as Jimmy Webster here as well I think.

Jimmy Gwilt; With the KPD’s coming in its only good news for Jimmy Gwilt, it’ll release him and he won’t need to play on the gorillas. Cheaply priced (From memory) and is worth being on your watch list. Hopefully he is over the knee worries.

Nathan Wright; Same as Jimmy Webster

Josh Saunders; Same as Jimmy Webster

Beau Maister; wouldn’t touch.

Sam Dunell; Same as Jimmy Webster

Lewis Pierce; Same as Jimmy Webster, yet to debut, still raw will spend a lot of time in the VFL again unless he shows massive improvement.

Tom Curren; Put together some handy scores when he did play in 2013! Big year ahead for the biceps wouldn’t surprise me if he can average 90+. Probably better options around though.

Josh Bruce; Wouldn’t touch is a KPD won’t score much

Luke Delaney; Same as Brucey.

Billy Longer; I’d pick him in Dream Team but not in Supercoach, only priced around $190k in DT and almost $300k in SC. Good R3 option in DT.

Shane Savage; Good mid-priced option, big year ahead I feel for Shane, without the vest in 2013 he scored a few very handy scores. May be worth a look at for sure.

Jack Billings; awkwardly priced under the new rookie pricing system I’m not sure I’d select him, he’ll see games IMO but will also see the green vest I think.

Luke Dunstan; I’m tipping he will play the most out of all our draftees was given a bit of a wrap by Alan Richardson in a Boulder video I think he’ll play Round 1 if he is fit and his NAB Challenge match form is good. I love LD, I’ve had him in all my SC Gold plans :p

Blake Acres; Again if fit I think he’ll play in 2014 but probably not enough to make a good cash cow.

Maverick Weller; Rookie list won’t get a senior game unless we get a Long term injury early in the season.

Eli Templeton; Averaged 90+ in DT at the U/18 champs I think, but again rookie list won’t get a game early in the season. MAYBE later in the season might be a downgrade option.

Cameron Shenton; rookie, wouldn’t touch.

Darren Minchington; same as Shenton.

These are just my thoughts not everyone will agree with me, probably a few crap predictions by me amongst them though.

Stanley well done on another good thread. The sad thing in your review how scarce our list is of any players good enough (at this stage) to make top level performance and selections. Another year struggling result wise, but the pleasure of individual brilliance in games throughout the year, will be very enjoyable.

Great job Stanley, has opened up our eyes to just how young & inexperienced our side is. Unfortunately it shows how we haven't too many that look like having a break out season unless ... Richo can meld as a team, into having a break out season.

Tom Hickey; With Ben McEvoy gone he could be in for a big breakout season but is yet to put real Fantasy numbers together, i'd probably avoid but maybe worth watching in the NAB Challenge matches.

Jack Steven; should be on your watch list he can only improve on his 2013 form being only 24 next season. Although he could get more attention from opposition taggers with NDS gone.

Daniel Markworth; Should be on your watch list, unfortunate knee injury that ruled him out of the 2013 season but he was close to make his AFL debut a few times in 2012, he will see game time next season if his knee is fine and form warrants selection.

Leigh Montagna; Brilliant 2013 season I can’t see him having a poor year he is highly priced is a player that won’t be in many sides I don’t think, worth looking at for sure. Be aware of his Round 1 suspension and again could get the opposition tag with NDS gone.

Nick Riewoldt; again brilliant 2013 season and I don’t see him having a poor year next season I can still see him averaging in the 90+ range. But he’ll probably rest in a few games next season so he can manage his knee, I wouldn’t start with him maybe wait for him to decrease in $$ a little.

Dylan Roberton; Started the 2013 season well in Supercoach, could only see him improve with gaining the two key defenders. MAYBE worth looking at.

Billy Longer; I’d pick him in Dream Team but not in Supercoach, only priced around $190k in DT and almost $300k in SC. Good R3 option in DT.

Shane Savage; Good mid-priced option, big year ahead I feel for Shane, without the vest in 2013 he scored a few very handy scores. May be worth a look at for sure.

Jack Billings; awkwardly priced under the new rookie pricing system I’m not sure I’d select him, he’ll see games IMO but will also see the green vest I think.

Luke Dunstan; I’m tipping he will play the most out of all our draftees was given a bit of a wrap by Alan Richardson in a Boulder video I think he’ll play Round 1 if he is fit and his NAB Challenge match form is good. I love LD, I’ve had him in all my SC Gold plans :p

Eli Templeton; Averaged 90+ in DT at the U/18 champs I think, but again rookie list won’t get a game early in the season. MAYBE later in the season might be a downgrade option.

Agree with these ones SK, not all for rd 1, but should be come into consideration at some point in time,

Steven, Longer, Hickey, Markworth, Dunstan & Billings getting the most 'love' in discussions on the BF SC boards ATM,

Good work, :thumbsu:

With the high prices of new players this year it changes one the dynamics of the game a bit.
No longer can you count on a cash upgrade if you grab any rookie who will get a game.
For example Dunstan costs more than Nathan Wright. If they ease him in as sub for a few games it could very easily spell Dreamteam disaster.
It sort of makes the mid-priced players a bit more viable.

As far as young players go , Markworth should be terrific if he looks like getting regular games.

Sam Gilbert looks expensive, but the prices have changed , so he should have 100K upside or so.

The high prices is just Dream Team, can still count on rookies in Supercoach as most are under 200k, Dunstan around $123k

The high prices is just Dream Team, can still count on rookies in Supercoach as most are under 200k, Dunstan around $123k

Are you telling me that Dreamteam now needs clever people to pick who will play well, while Supercoach is just pick rookies ( while avoiding dour defenders and those with poor disposal )?

Dream Team is no longer run by Virtual Sports, hence all the massive changes to the game. Supercoach still using Virtual Sports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Savage is around the same price as Newnes i think? i would go Shane over Jack
True, there's more certainty with Savage I think. We already know what he is capable of scoring wise with a full game, so presuming he will get full game time (a fair assumption IMO) we know he will give us value for money in a points per dollar sense. Newnes would be more speculative.

True, there's more certainty with Savage I think. We already know what he is capable of scoring wise with a full game, so presuming he will get full game time (a fair assumption IMO) we know he will give us value for money in a points per dollar sense. Newnes would be more speculative.
Agree.

When he avoided the vest a few times in 2013 he scored 97, 85, 97, 105, 102, 94, 115 in Dream Team and 97, 94, 103,81, 92, 86 and 104 in Supercoach.

Had my eye on Geary, but not so sure now.

Who takes NDS' role?
Not sure who'll take the role of Dal Santo i guess Shane Savage comes in and could possibly play that position.

On Jarryn Geary he usually tags and plays as the lock down small defender, it would depend on what type of role he does get given under Alan Richardson but not convinced he'll become a consistently good fantasy scorer. But just what i think.

Not sure who'll take the role of Dal Santo i guess Shane Savage comes in and could possibly play that position.

On Jarryn Geary he usually tags and plays as the lock down small defender, it would depend on what type of role he does get given under Alan Richardson but not convinced he'll become a consistently good fantasy scorer. But just what i think.

I've still got hopes for seb ross

I've still got hopes for seb ross

I hope he gets quicker.

Savage should attract a lot of interest. Last year he averaged DT 67 & SC 63. Take out the games he played less than 80% game time (5) and his averages bump up to 86 & 83. He won't be a prime sub candidate at the Saints.

I hope he gets quicker.

Savage should attract a lot of interest. Last year he averaged DT 67 & SC 63. Take out the games he played less than 80% game time (5) and his averages bump up to 86 & 83. He won't be a prime sub candidate at the Saints.

He is also in a weaker midfield compared to the hawks and wont be competing for touches as much. Honestly he should be taking a decent chunk of Dal's workload and subsequently his points as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions St Kilda 2014 Dream Team/Supercoach Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back