Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 30, 2013
M9 - M10 Standing Room
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
So there's been a lot of people (read: just one) that have been quick to get the tinfoil out over our 20-8 free kick ratio last Saturday.

Curiously, I pondered whether this was the most one sided GF performance from the umps ever.

After trawling through the ever reliable footywire website for what seemed a decade (read: the whole of 10 seconds), I came across one particular match in 1966.

image.png

That's right folks, Pluggers first love won their one and only flag with a whopping 13 free kick difference, eclipsing the 12 ratio we saw on the weekend.

First to the ball? Heads over? Or did the saints simply shit the bed and their marriage broke down quicker than Clinton's resolve when confronted with a drawf and a cigarette lighter?

Full stats of the most corrupted game in AFL/VFL history can be found here

And they still only won by a point :$

Lockett_8moments_05_stk2.jpg

Having to go back to 1966 :$

Is there anyone here that is old enough to have seen the 1966 GF and can verify whether we got the same rub of the green the Dogs got this year?

Probably only Bombers 2003 would be old enough and he has gone AWOL on Not Convicted Island.

Immediate asterisk, congrats Ox it's officially 2 > 0

No it would be 1>0 as if our 1966 premiership is invalid due to umpiring than so is their 2016 premiership.

It might even be 0=0 but I can't find the 1954 GF stats to see what sort of a run the Bulldogs got from the umpiring back then.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know one thing for sure, we didn't get gifted any 50m penalties back in the 1966 GF like the Dogs got gifted last Saturday.

I'd like to think this is actually a really smart and funny comment, but I just don't know anymore

I know one thing for sure, we didn't get gifted any 50m penalties back in the 1966 GF like the Dogs got gifted last Saturday.
Seeing as they were introduced in 1988, it's safe to say you weren't.
How many 15 metre penalties were you gifted?

I also noticed 2 bags of 7 goals kicked that day - Jack Collins and Melbourne. :(
I assume our players were too scared to pick the ball up off the ground.

If only Wattsy was playing in 54.....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

St. Kilda and umpires - the eternal friendship

Remove this Banner Ad

Back