St Kilda Backs - Goddard v Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those low scores were when Gilbee was played in a different role, Richmond in particular, but of course he had low scores, that's why he is so nicely priced!

His last 4 years averages are 114, 105, 106.7 and 97.6

This would suggest to me he is underpriced. Fisher just had a career year.

Where do you see the value?

Edit:

Gilbee Round 10 onwards;

Damn.

06 96.5 avg
07 99.5 avg
08 101.3 avg

That to me indicates a steady rise. I see the value in his consistent effort and the opposing coaches not worrying about him with Goddard and NDS in the side. :)

Gilbee was stopped by teams 4 times at least last year and had to be moved forward, hurting his score. Im not taking that risk, especially if it means having Goddard and Fisher.

You dont like Fisher thats cool, but I can tell you that I am confident Sam will avg the same as 08 if not a little bit more.

Gilbee, well if certain teams recognised that he could be tagged and nullified in 08 why wouldn't that occur in 09?

Coaches would be stupid to let him run free, even Knights tagged in the NAB cup game.

Gilbee, well if certain teams recognised that he could be tagged and nullified in 08 why wouldn't that occur in 09?

Coaches would be stupid to let him run free, even Knights tagged in the NAB cup game.

Why didn't they just tag him out of the game in the last 12 games of 2008 when he averaged 110 then?

Gilbee adjusted his game?

Ran harder?

Became smarter?

Still doesnt mean he wont be targetted.

What are trying to achieve from this anyway?

You have Gilbee, I have Fisher, so what?

Fisher rnd 10 onwards..

106.3 avg.

Yeah I'll take that and know that I'll get that majority of the time.

I am simply comparing players aloud.

Ideally you would want them both.
Cool, cool.

Cant have all 3, not with my midfield as it is anyway. :)

But having said that, Gilbee is a definite target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back