St Kilda President Andrew Bassat tees off on the AFL draft system, specifically father/son and the Northern Academies

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a lions fan, and I too find it ridiculous how little we need to cough up to get Levi Ashcroft. There should be a bigger sacrifice required than some lowly group of draft picks. The privilege of getting priority access is enough, yet we get a discount too.

It’s no different to all the priority 1s out there who got guaranteed access to grand final tickets. Imagine if these P1s got tickets 50% off too.

You've still got to have enough list spots for the picks used (e.g. if you use 5 picks you need a minimum 5 list spots).
Whilst giving up little, it can impact list depth

Because the VFL made rules to enrich themselves and as soon as a non-VFL team get the advantage the Saints arc up. Crickets when the bulldogs were getting f/s over decades and Collingwood. Have some courage rather than selective moral outrage.
So let me this straight because of the inequities in the comp that benefited clubs that are not st kilda you want st kilda to shut up because it now benefits Brisbane?

Fmd.

less whinging
The dogs acknowledged the problem exists.

So your issue here isn't that the inequities don't exist. Your issue is that someone was vocal about it.

So the dogs and st kilda are right.

They're meant to shut up. Be quiet.

Bassat was spot on. We are just meant to make up the numbers. Be grateful for our survival and shut the **** up.

its funny you mention that, the club was run by the most inept people of all time then, Angus Johnson the chairman at the time was a disgrace but at least he was less embarrassing than that speech by Bassat
Didn't have anything to do with the salary cap concessions you were afforded to then retain players?

That’s such a good comparison I’m glad you brought it up.

Lions were a rabble off field when the back office did all that complaining. Then we fixed that. As soon as the adults entered the room the club stopped complaining and began fixing. And here we are.

St Kilda should take note.
With salary cap concessions

So let me this straight because of the inequities in the comp that benefited clubs that are not st kilda you want st kilda to shut up because it now benefits Brisbane?

Fmd.

You’re right we should only talk about the injustices that the mighty St Kilda believes it is up against.

You’re right we should only talk about the injustices that the mighty St Kilda believes it is up against.
He's the president of St kilda. You don't want him to be vocal about issues the club he is responsible for is facing?

By all accounts these issues are not unique to our club either and there is sentiment shared by the other clubs.

He's the president of St kilda. You don't want him to be vocal about issues the club he is responsible for is facing?

By all accounts these issues are not unique to our club either and there is sentiment shared by the other clubs.

It’s just a classic St Kilda woe is me story. Bungled your list over a decade via your own choices and upset that you get none of the structural advantages the other VFL clubs did and trying to make some noise with the ultimate goal being forcing the AFLs hand to give you band 1 compo for battle.

Mission accomplished. I don’t know why we are still talking about this issue. We won’t hear from Fred Bassat again until the Saints get their begging bowl put again.

So you've never had salary cap concessions?

Are you struggling to follow the conversation? We were talking about the exodus at the lions in 2013/14 and subsequent years.

Your comprehension skills are at rock bottom lad.

It’s just a classic St Kilda woe is me story. Bungled your list over a decade via your own choices and upset that you get none of the structural advantages the other VFL clubs did and trying to make some noise with the ultimate goal being forcing the AFLs hand to give you band 1 compo for battle.

Mission accomplished. I don’t know why we are still talking about this issue. We won’t hear from Fred Bassat again until the Saints get their begging bowl put again.
I think you've just realised how ridiculous you sound. So now you've pivoted to try and talk about the historic issues of the club.

So you now see why it's perfectly normal for a st kilda president to be vocal about the issues they're facing AND you accept other clubs are facing these issues as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you've just realised how ridiculous you sound. So now you've pivoted to try and talk about the historic issues of the club.

So you now see why it's perfectly normal for a st kilda president to be vocal about the issues they're facing AND you accept other clubs are facing these issues as well.

Your historical issues over the past decade are why your club is in this predicament now and why they appear so worried about their short term competitiveness and flag chances. It has nothing to do with academies.

He’s the only one who’s had the balls to call the AFL out on the issue. Good on him I say. Go even harder now till they finally fix the rort.

The dogs acknowledged the problem exists.

So your issue here isn't that the inequities don't exist. Your issue is that someone was vocal about it.

So the dogs and st kilda are right.

They're meant to shut up. Be quiet.

Bassat was spot on. We are just meant to make up the numbers. Be grateful for our survival and shut the **** up.
no I don't think there is any inequality in the father son rule, unless you are from GWS or Gold Coast which you are not, further to that Andy bassat only complains about the inequalities that negatively effect st Kilda, what about the inequliaties that benefit st Kilda no mention of that

Saints victim complex trickles down to their whiny supporter base. What an embarrassment this thread is for them, great read though. :tearsofjoy:
short memory, how much did Eddie sook about Cola and playing Sunday Arvo late spot
outcome:
no more COLA
and Pies rarely play Sunday Arvo late spot

no I don't think there is any inequality in the father son rule, unless you are from GWS or Gold Coast which you are not, further to that Andy bassat only complains about the inequalities that negatively effect st Kilda, what about the inequliaties that benefit st Kilda no mention of that
I'd love to hear about the inequalities that benefit St Kilda.

let me guess
travel
and ..........

ahh the grand final is in Melbourne every year for the next 50 years
remind me again how a grand final at the MCG helps St Kilda, who has hosted 1 final game at our home ground ( sydney 2012) in 20+ years

we get 2 games a year at MOST, the same as the interstate sides at the MCG, how's that an advantage?
FMD

hosted Pies at MCG
Essendon at Marvel
Hawks in Tassie
Richmond @ marvel
Melb @ MCG
Carlton at Marvel

remind me again how a grand final at the MCG helps St Kilda, who has hosted 1 final game at our home ground ( sydney 2012) in 20+ years

we get 2 games a year at MOST, the same as the interstate sides at the MCG, how's that an advantage?
FMD

hosted Pies at MCG
Essendon at Marvel
Hawks in Tassie
Richmond @ marvel
Melb @ MCG
Carlton at Marvel
you have serious issues if u don't think its an advantage over "interstate teams" its also you're home venue for all finals unless there's multiple games already at the mcg
lets have the grand final in Queensland every year we will play it at Carrara if its Brisbane playing and Gabba if its Gold Coast, sounds fair

or you just deal with your lot which is the grand final is at the mcg and get on with it and not cry about it

also you raised salary cap concessions Brisbane got 2 decades ago, ill tell u what they also got in 2004, a home prelim at the mcg with a day less break

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda President Andrew Bassat tees off on the AFL draft system, specifically father/son and the Northern Academies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back