#14Ward

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2009
The Dog House
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Callan Ward
That was what killed it. Wow im proud of the boys for fighting all night, but we shouldve won that.. im absolutely guttered...

Stack was very good all night besides that one play. But Cooney and Murphy were the culprits late in the game... and why can't Higgins play 4 quarters ??? seriously him and Ward need to become 4 quarter players and not be so fickle.

Culture... Shi.t ourselves as we always do in close games... For a brownlow medalist cooneys kicking was dismal tonight and that kick from 45 almost directly in front was simply not good enough

as i said in the matchday thread, its not the end of the world. We played well, execution did kill us, but wow good shake dogs, were done by 20 with 11 minutes to go.

Caught napping at the start of the last qtr, some inexplicable out on fulls, Hall was horribly out of sorts, up against a strong team on their home ground and we nearly won. FML :mad:

Cooney let us down. Terrible from a guy with real star power. He is capable of much better. Shouldn't get let off the hook, I give Higgo heaps but he got the score on the board and an assist when it counted. If he played like Cooney did I'd be furious, so suck it up Conney, a bit of a knock on your game now.

Stack was OK all night, but that error proved costly. Hudson also made a terrible decision to handball into space around the defensive 50 when he just had to hold onto the ball and try lock it up. Instead he gave it straight to the opposition. A real lack of composure there.

Forget Cooney's miss, I reckon Stack's handball was the killer.

Josh Hill did something similar with a handball earlier in the game which also cost a goal, if you're going to cough it up by hand then don't put it anywhere near the corridor! Those blokes may as well take a punt on being caught holding the ball if they're going throw the footy away like they did tonight - at least it then becomes a 50/50 decision from the umpire, and more often than not play stops as well.

Culture... Shi.t ourselves as we always do in close games... For a brownlow medalist cooneys kicking was dismal tonight and that kick from 45 almost directly in front was simply not good enough
You'd manage to beat us in close games though, now we really suck when things get tight.

Higgins was sensational in the last qaurter, what a huge effort by him. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My rant and congrats

well done boyd - awesome job - well done most guys tonight actually - Sherman was good also ! Happy with the fighting spirit to come back and take the lead in the last ,although we should not have lost !!

Eade - why on earth in a tight game do you put a first gamer in wallace in the midfield at the start of the last quarter? - this move Directly resulted in 2 freo goals in 2 minutes

Roughead and Hudson - Dropped simple chest marks - not acceptable !!! Bring Minno in - Deserves a chance now

Whoever was on Keppler Bradley the DUD And there were many players on him throughout the corse of the night ! - You made him look good and he isnt !

Cooney - Disgraceful kicking for goal - Should have iced the game - Missed 3 sitters during the corse of the match - Several others kicked poorly too also , so Cooney was not the only culprit !

Umpiring - Sh#t house all night and resulted in i reckon at least 3 freo goals !

Stack - Had a good game - But WHY DIDNT U KICK THE BALL LONG INTO THE FORWARD LINE U MUPPET????? If yr going to hand pass, make sure it hits the target !!!!

How on earth we lost this game was beyond me ! Had so many chances throughout the corse of the game to nail them, let them back in the game continually !

Murphy love u to death, but that last kick has to stay in play for a man of your talent - Crucial mistake at a crucial time !

Freo Dont get ahead of yrselves ! It was our stupid mistakes that allowed u to win the game - It wasnt your good play, believe me ! The Dogs snatched defeat from the jaws of victory !

If we are going to identify culprits who made a mistake tonight, some poor bastard would have to go through the horror of watching the tape & they would spend a week typing up all the names.

Never seen so many basic skill errors in one game, blokes dropping chest marks (simple ones too with no pressure), kicking out on the full, falling over, missing shots at goal, fair dinkum my neighbours must have been wondering what was going on at my place tonight with all the yelling at the TV!

If we are going to identify culprits who made a mistake tonight, some poor bastard would have to go through the horror of watching the tape & they would spend a week typing up all the names.

Never seen so many basic skill errors in one game, blokes dropping chest marks (simple ones too with no pressure), kicking out on the full, falling over, missing shots at goal, fair dinkum my neighbours must have been wondering what was going on at my place tonight with all the yelling at the TV!

Couldn't be said better!

dont you dare bring murph into this, he was solid down back all game long and had two slip ups where he kicked it out on the full.

murph was one of our best players out on the pitch today.

Correct.

Correct.

Freo Dont get ahead of yrselves ! It was our stupid mistakes that allowed u to win the game - It wasnt your good play, believe me ! The Dogs snatched defeat from the jaws of victory !
While thats very true, the fact that they made fewer mistakes got them the win they deserved. Keep thoughts like that to yourself, you just come off as a sore loser

Obvious culprits are...

- Cooney and his goalkicking, the miss in te 2nd quarter was the worst

- Grant and Higgins were terrible (last quarter aside)

- Roughead had an absolute shocker

- Hall offered nothing, granted he was double teamed most of the time but still

- Numerous players for appalling skill errors and dropped marks

Umpiring - Sh#t house all night and resulted in i reckon at least 3 freo goals !
You've got to be joking, if anything they favoured us

Agree with most of the rant, but not Eade's fault IMO

Edit: forgot about Freo, they are actually a very good side this year

While thats very true, the fact that they made fewer mistakes got them the win they deserved. Keep thoughts like that to yourself, you just come off as a sore loser

i agree, just having a rant - its only 20 minutes after the game -lol ! but it really craps me off seeing teams win games that they dont deserve to win ! We clearly deserved to win IMO !

At three quareter time, I had sent Hudson to the scraphead, Grant to be subbed, wished Cooney showed the same committment as Griffen, and naming Higgens as the most overated player in the competition.

In the last quarter Hudson, Grant and Higgens all lifted. Cooney however, that was simply unacceptable.

Positives. Libba, Griffen, Boyd, Murphy, Cross, Ward, Picken, Sherman were all fantastic. Really played with heart and guts. Was great to see. Then murph let himself down with the out of bounds. Bit like his career really, brilliance mixed in with poor execution.

At the end of the day, just not quite good enough. Much like the past 3 seasons. Can't remember the last time I got really exicted about a win this side has produced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stack's handball and Cooneys kicking for goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back