Opinion stand rule

Remove this Banner Ad

is this comp really going to go into yet another season with this embarrassing abomination of a farken rule ?

I read somewhere that the eastern footy league and some other leagues have removed it

stand !

is this comp really going to go into yet another season with this embarrassing abomination of a farken rule ?

I read somewhere that the eastern footy league and some other leagues have removed it

stand !

The AFL would argue it has been a very successful rule. It was brought in to stop us winning flags and to hand Premierships to Geelong. So far it has achieved that.

One of the worst rules ever introduced and all because Shocking didn't like how Richmond stood the mark.

And to be penalized 50m for not going over the mark is a disgrace.
and we are entering its 3rd season

how has it survived

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disgraceful and embarrassing rule. The worst of a bad lot recently. Sometimes watching grown men play AFL football is like watching an U13 kids netball match, except the kids are allowed to defend more aggressively. Pathetic, but what I've come to expect from this toothless, kneejerk, bordering on corrupt administration.

forgetting it's corrupt origins, and the fact it didn't achieve any of the goals they claimed it was introduced for, it's just a horrible look. defenders constantly getting stuck on the mark, oppo players just waltzing past them. it isn't exciting in the slightest to see the ball zigzag down the field purely because the defenders can't move to stop it. it is disgraceful viewing and needs to be removed asap. it makes these plays just look like a training run with cones laid out on the field

Disgraceful and embarrassing rule. The worst of a bad lot recently. Sometimes watching grown men play AFL football is like watching an U13 kids netball match, except the kids are allowed to defend more aggressively. Pathetic, but what I've come to expect from this toothless, kneejerk, bordering on corrupt administration.
Most mind boggling bit for me is not one person at the AFL thought to stop for a sec and say hang on, how the fk is it going to look when we're telling grown men playing the toughest sport on earth to stop and stand like school children every 10 secs for the whole game.

If that isn't these biggest advertisement for the so called custodians of the game not being anywhere near up to the job then I'm Donald Trump.

One of the worst rules ever introduced and all because Shocking didn't like how Richmond stood the mark.

And to be penalized 50m for not going over the mark is a disgrace.
The best was when someone faked a handball and the guys toes moved and the ump paid 50. Punishment definitely fit the crime 🥴

The rule makes me want to projectile vomit.

It looks even worse at local level footy because the man on the mark often isn’t fast or fit enough to even bother trying to chase after play-on has been called. So they just let the attacker stroll past and are totally removed from the play.

It will 100% be gone at some stage. It’s completely imbecilic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back