#StandforRoughy

Remove this Banner Ad

No i wouldnt expect it to stop the game, just the crowd form both teams applaud for 1 minute, from the 2min mark to the 3min mark of the 2nd qtr

I expect that to happen and With the AFLPA I reckon they could ask the AFL for it to do in all Games this weekend

What's the reasoning behind the second minute of the second quarter?

Why not before the game, or the third minute of the third quarter?

He's number 2 ain't he?

No mate.
Was Clarkson's tweet to Hawks fans.

Just thought it would be a nice idea to replicate it to show support.

I can be 99% sure that by Friday that it will be in all Games over the Round

It's because he has the number two.

It happened with Goodes last year when Sydney fans appluaded him in the 3rd quarter at the 7th minute after he took leave because of all the racist booing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“I was drafted one day and then the next Clarko comes in, picks me up and gives mum a bunch of flowers and says ‘I’m pretty much taking your son away’.”

The Hawthorn Football Club has been Jarryd Roughead’s home for a decade now, but for the big, laid-back lad from Leongatha, he’s still a country boy at heart.

The Hawks superstar... was voted the competition’s third-most valuable player by AFL players across the league last season (2013).

“A lot’s happened [since I was drafted]… But I’m still one that walks around in ugg boots, trackies and beanies in winter time,” Roughead says with a smile.

“I don’t think you can really take the country out of a lot of us bush boys here at Hawthorn.”

source: www.aflplayers.com.au/article/jarryd-roughead-discovered/

I think it's a wonderful idea and a great way to show our support for Roughy and others out there who are going through something similar.

This is a disease that is sadly indiscriminate and in some way has most likely affected most of us directly or through close family and friends so most people can empathise with those facing this disease.

Last edited:
I think it's a wonderful idea and a great way to show our support for Roughy and others out there who are going through something similar.

This is a disease that is sadly indiscriminate and in some way has most likely affected us most of us directly or through close family and friends so most people can empathise with those facing this disease.

Its such a bastard it can strike anyone anytime.

Yep good to see we can come together for a few moments Its is a game after all
Best game in the world and best club of any sport but still a game
I will definitely be thinking of him when the moment comes
All the best to ALL the people with this god awful disease

Yep good to see we can come together for a few moments Its is a game after all
Best game in the world and best club of any sport but still a game
I will definitely be thinking of him when the moment comes
All the best to ALL the people with this god awful disease
Hopefully the moment never comes, though cancer can cut through your system like a hot knife through butter. A friend died at 26 after believing a melanoma to have been cut out a year earlier. He complained at a restaurant about a chest pain that he thought was the result of his cigarette smoking and had given up the habit. It was actually a concealed melanoma breaking one of his ribs and 6 months later he was gone. If you are one of the chosen ones, what you are and who you want to be, don't count for much. I like Roughead and would love to have had him at Collingwood rather than Cloke. All the very best of luck to the big man.

Being the second game, I think if we do it the rest of the games would follow and at the very least Roughy will know that he's loved by all (when they're not playing the Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back