Stars who aren't actually stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Venus. "Morning Star" my arse.

I mean a star is a like a popular entertainer, someone you love to look at. By that definition the little twerp Weightman at the dogs is a "star" because he burns bright and their fans love him. Its a bit of a low bar but the term is vague so it gets abused. Bobby Hill is like a bright star. Someone that gets them in through the turnstiles is a star I guess, whether they are Brad Pitt or Danny de Vito.

"Champion" is another abused word. From the dictionary it means a victor in a contest, and someone who dominates the field. For mine there are very few champions in our game. Dusty used to dominate a huge area of the ground (but he's aged a lot in the last two years) so he qualified as a champion by great deeds (arguably the best big game player of all time) but you wouldn't say he is currently a champion. Jack Riewoldt was on the cusp of being a true champion, so dominant and so consistent. That's how hard I'd like it to be a champ, a really high bar.

I think the Bont is a champion, carries his whole club at times and does it consistently. I think JUH will be a champion (he already makes the whole game shake a bit), maybe N Daicos (if he can play for long periods in the hot part of the ground), but I wouldn't want to say too many more blokes are that dominant they can be called Champions.

Trolling the dead now?

42442998-f61e-4c80-9f30-233dbc1412a0_text.gif

It's not a troll mate. Millane was a good tough player , but no star.
Adam Goodes was a star, a bit low to troll him considering all the racism he got from Collingwood supporters.
1689226546655.jpeg

It's not a troll mate. Millane was a good tough player , but no star.
Adam Goodes was a star, a bit low to troll him considering all the racism he got from Collingwood supporters.

Millane's death (as tragic and sad as it was) has elevated his rating as a player somewhat higher than what it actually was, to be honest.

Probably wasn't in the top 10 of the best players in that 1990 Collingwood flag team tbh

Not as bad as racially profiling Goodsey, clearly a top 3 player of the 21st Century, cause a Collingwood supporter made the flog cry..

#IAmHereBigFooty
Well then it's just as racist against the white players nominated, which is worse than trolling dead players according to you. :drunk:

I also reckon Nicky Winmar was no star. Just a good player who stood out in an ordinary side.

Last edited:
Well then it's just as racist against the white players nominated, which is worse than trolling dead players according to you. :drunk:

I also reckon Nicky Winmar was no star. Just a good player who stood out in an ordinary side.

Now I know you are deliberately trolling/talking shit ..

There is a reason why they built a statue of Winmar outside Optus Stadium. He is an all time great.

Must really grind your gears watching Ash Johnson and Bobby Hill play for Collingwood

Now I know you are deliberately trolling/talking s**t ..

There is a reason why they built a statue of Winmar outside Optus Stadium. He is an all time great.

Must really grind your gears watching Ash Johnson and Bobby Hill play for Collingwood
Do you know who else has a statue?

63bf3389-d184-42c7-838f-b0866d01799e-2060x1236.jpeg

Bobby Hill will be a star, Ash Johnson will come and go.

View attachment 1737110

Is respected cause he’s a nice guy but was never a star as much as he was just an above average player looking good in an extremely below average team.

I once told him outside Optus Oval when he was getting into the ground if he was getting a kick today.

Richo told me to * off.

Had a grudge against this bitch ever since.

So happy he lost the Brownlow to Cooney lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I once told him outside Optus Oval when he was getting into the ground if he was getting a kick today.

Richo told me to * off.

Had a grudge against this bitch ever since.

So happy he lost the Brownlow to Cooney lol

1689226546655-jpeg.1737095

Oh come on, who actually rates him a star ? Certainly not me or my other fellow Blue Baggers.

Back on topic, Dion Prestia. Will only be remembered as the sandwich who got steam rolled by T-Bone Stewart.
who will only be remembered as the bloke that coward hit a 3 times Premiership STAR;)

Going back to the 90s, I don't think Rohan Smith, Mark Mercuri or Simon Goodwin were all that good tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Stars who aren't actually stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Back