State Association 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolly has gone to the vultures off his own back, he owes caloundra nothing he go the club what they wanted a flag. the panthers have lost a few from the seniors, I see we only have one full praccy game as the second one is lighting carnival on the 12th where all div 1 clubs will play 2 games of 2 qtrs of footy.
Cash a very good player.He dominated when playing for grange in the phc and was obviously instrumental in Caloundra winning the flag.Surprising and disappointing not to see the Panthers jump up into the PHC in 2011.Would have been great for the Sunny Coast.

Do you have the pre-season draw for all clubs that you can post

5th of march games only seniors unless both clubs supply umpires for a 2's game
kedron vs Caloundra
Robina vs Aspley
Coorparoo vs Wynnum
kenmore vs UQ
Alex vs Yeronga

12th of march
not sure where the games are at, as there are games at the same time.
maybe wynnum and kedron I think.
wynnum vs Alex 12pm
Kings vs Panthers 12pm
robina vs kenmore 1pm
kedron vs aspley 1pm
alex vs yeronga 2pm
caloundra vs uq 2pm
robina vs wynnum 3pm
Kedron vs Kings 3pm
kenmore vs Yeronga 4pm
aspley vs uq 4pm

hope this helps boys shoud be a good day, something different.
it cost all clubs 100 to play and the winner is the team that has the total highest score of the day from both games.

My understanding is: Redbacks, Woodsmen, Yeronga, Collingwood Park, Beenleigh, Bond Uni and Strathpine/Pine Rivers.

Could be a strong comp, for Div 3.

There was a rumour that springwood would be also entering a thirds team in this comp does anyoen know if there is truth to this rumour? 8 would be a good number to so you can play a few more sides than in recent years

Nambour will be a surprise packet I reckon - will be well coached and miles too good in the local 3rds comp for the past couple of years (which isn't saying a great deal I know!!) Heaps of players on the track and good quality ones at that.

Nambour will be a surprise packet I reckon - will be well coached and miles too good in the local 3rds comp for the past couple of years (which isn't saying a great deal I know!!) Heaps of players on the track and good quality ones at that.

Yeah how well will they travel on the road though??? My smokey is Coomera, heard a rumour a few of the Robina boys have headed down to the Magpies. Can't say that surprises me though...

Yeah how well will they travel on the road though??? My smokey is Coomera, heard a rumour a few of the Robina boys have headed down to the Magpies. Can't say that surprises me though...

A few have but none of significant influence. They are still talking to a few though. I dont think they will pose too many problems for the top 5 teams.

Not sure mate - they didn't choose to come up the division to just play home matches so you would be disappointed if half the side opted out for the drive down. Play Caloundra twice so that helps + caboolture. Really there is only 4 or so matches that you have to worry about I'd think.

Not sure mate - they didn't choose to come up the division to just play home matches so you would be disappointed if half the side opted out for the drive down. Play Caloundra twice so that helps + caboolture. Really there is only 4 or so matches that you have to worry about I'd think.

Nambour are in division 2 caloundra division 1
Division 2 has its own board now

Here’s an update on the Yeronga South Brisbane F C:

Damn! What a month it has been.

As is well known, Yeronga Football Club went under in the flood. (And on a personal note, so did my own home.)

Over the past few weeks, we have held discussions with representatives from the AFL, AFLQ, Queensland State Government, and Brisbane City Council. All clubs affected would have done similarly.

The redevelopment of our grounds places us behind other flooded grounds. I figure that most other affected clubs may already be back to training on their fields. The capping & shaping of both fields has been completed – the No.1 Field has its top soil, with turf ready to go this week. As it turns out, it was fortunate that the turf had not been laid prior to the flood. Given some fine conditions, the ground will be available for fixtures during May. The No.2 Field is a lesser priority at present.

During the weeks since the flood, the players, members, and locals have done a great job with the clean-up process, especially on the new AFLQ amenities building. On the first Saturday, we had about 100 people helping. The old clubhouse suffered terribly under the rising tide, and has now been demolished. We are working with various parties on plans to build a replacement – but this will take thought, time & money.

In the meantime, our teams continue to train. We have had sessions at several venues including Yeronga Memorial Park, Yeronga Primary School, and Olympic Soccer Club. From this Monday and beyond, we will meet at the new changerooms at Cansdale Street and head to our destination. Realistically, we are still perhaps 4-6 weeks away from training on the No.1 Field. For now, we are keen to get back to Souths Cricket where we trained last year (Souths was also affected by the flood).

As good as Richlands/Inala was as a temporary home ground last year, we are not looking to play any Home games there in 2011 (although it certainly remains an option). As can be seen by our fixture draw, we will play a large number of Away games to start the season.

A huge amount of sympathy goes out to everyone who has suffered from the events of the past month, both at a personal and club level. I hope you all get back on your feet as quickly as possible.

If you would like to get involved with the Club in any form, it would be great to hear from you. Despite the recent disaster, it is still a very bright outlook for our Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow Toucan. Glad to hear your club is getting back on it's feet.

Any word from the other div 1 clubs? I've moved on from the bears so I don't have much to report other than that they've lost chaustowski their captain, dobson their back-up captain and Simon Plummer their b and f.

I've heard they've got a few of their old brigade back and a couple of good young guys, but I'd suggest that it could be another tough year at Chelmer even with the old Yeronga coach taking over as coach.

Welcome back bear. Did you end up going to another club or have you finally given up on your mediocre football career???

Care to name the guys in the old brigade and the young blokes and where they're from?

Any Predictions for the season??
League Medal--?
Minor Premiers---?
Premiers--?
Runners up----??
Goal Kicking--?
Best Recuit--?
Wooden Spooners---??
Biggest improvers---??

League Medal--?
Minor Premiers---?
Premiers--?
Runners up----??
Goal Kicking--?
Best Recuit--?
Wooden Spooners---??
Biggest improvers---??

Soem tough calls in there but for div 2

League Medal--?
Minor Premiers Beenleigh or Caboolture
Premiers Beenleigh or Caboolture
Runners up Beeneligh or Caboolture
Goal Kicking--?
Best Recuit Beenleigh - (Morro made the call in the other forum to keep there names quiet so ill respect that)
Wooden Spooners Moorooka Griffith
Biggest improvers Moorooka Griffith

Some tough ones in there i think Coomera could be a bti of a smokey, Nambour is unknown. Logan was building well last year but will they follow through with some big punches this year very likely. (alot of respect for the boys from the otherside of the motorway). Calamvale might be able to push there way into the 5 this year after sittign on the cusp for so long and Ipswich always dangerous throughout the year can they get to september and make something happen? Recliffe is also a danger and a great unknown. so between Coomera, Beenleigh, Caboolture, Logan and Ipswich you'd have your favourites for top 5 but then you have Nambour who has coem from the north and Calamvale lurking and Recliffe very quiet which soemtimes can be scary. Uni in the 2's played well last year as well. Moorooka shoudl improve on last year but i think will only win one or two if they win any.

League Medal--?
Minor Premiers---?
Premiers--?
Runners up----??
Goal Kicking--?
Best Recuit--?
Wooden Spooners---??
Biggest improvers---??

League Medal- Joesph (alex)
Minor Premiers- Cooparoo
Premiers- Cooparoo
Runners up-Caloundra
Goal Kicking-Harris ( aspley)
Best Recuit- Word on the street??
Wooden Spooners- Kedron
Biggest improvers- Aspley

League Medal- Joesph (alex)
Minor Premiers- Cooparoo
Premiers- Cooparoo
Runners up-Caloundra
Goal Kicking-Harris ( aspley)
Best Recuit- Word on the street??
Wooden Spooners- Kedron
Biggest improvers- Aspley
Will kenmore win a game? have they picked up any players?

Will kenmore win a game? have they picked up any players?

Yes they will win some games. As I've previously said, they've picked up a lot of good young players who played juniors with the club and 18s. I'm tipping a top 5 finish this year.

Club is definitely going for a youth policy to build a strong side for the future. After losing their captain in the off-season to working interstate they've pretty much decided to rebuild. Average age of the seniors will be 20-21. A lot of the older blokes have been given a polite tap on the shoulder and asked to play reserves.

There is a possibility they could be losing one of their guns to GWS duties, but that is still in the pipeline.

They play Wynnum next week, which should be a test. I'm tipping the Vikings to win, but I think they might get a bit if a shock!:thumbsu::footy:

Yes they will win some games. As I've previously said, they've picked up a lot of good young players who played juniors with the club and 18s. I'm tipping a top 5 finish this year.

Club is definitely going for a youth policy to build a strong side for the future. After losing their captain in the off-season to working interstate they've pretty much decided to rebuild. Average age of the seniors will be 20-21. A lot of the older blokes have been given a polite tap on the shoulder and asked to play reserves.

There is a possibility they could be losing one of their guns to GWS duties, but that is still in the pipeline.

They play Wynnum next week, which should be a test. I'm tipping the Vikings to win, but I think they might get a bit if a shock!:thumbsu::footy:

who was there captain?

Anyone think the weekend games will be cancelled with all this rain?? More tipped so the AFLQ may pull the pin so as not to wreck grounds before the season starts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back